Alex Sandro

iceboy

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

Ederson of Man City...

How is he 'revolutionizing' goalkeeping?

I think people are getting a bit carried away with the City hype. 

Next, Pep will be touted as the second coming of Christ.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mário César said:

many lol

enzo perez, gaitan, jackson martinez, javi garcia, fabio coentrao, markovic, fernando, renato sanches, quaresma, joao mario, slimani, mangala, Rojo,

there are many players that are not so good in others leagues like was in portugal, but there are some great plays (falcao, oblak, james rodriguez, ederson)... but in most of cases they do not exceed expectations.

Most cases?

Alongside the names you have mentioned (in the last decade and a bit) there's Carvalho, Paulo, Deco, David Luiz, Di Maria, Semedo, Tiago, Ronaldo, Moutinho, Alex Sandro, Diego Costa, Witsel, Matic. Even the likes of Anderson and Nani despite not living up to potential made some crucial trophy winning contributions at United.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, Unionjack said:

I understand what you say but without 2 of his goals just lately we would have lost them both. we lack creativity to give the 'goalscorets# their chances so Alonso is chipping in those much needed goals.

You are right of course but this is the problem. It's precisely because we lack the effective approach play that we end up having to rely on Marcos's goals. Those goals are, in effect, papering over the cracks. If we fix the underlying issue, then they become a luxury, rather than the necessity they are currently.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, Unionjack said:

What we gotta think (as a club) what the TEAM needs most from that position. And what we got to realize that to find a player that has all the skills needed from a WB is few and far between and those few are going to be very epensive.

All true but, leaving cost aside for a moment, to become the team we want to be, we need such players at every position. We need players who are the complete package. It's a reality that they are in great demand by the big clubs and are therefore hard to get, but recruiting such players must be our aim. To aim but fail is potentially understandable, to fail to aim at all would be unforgivable.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To aim but fail is potentially understandable, to fail to aim at all would be unforgivable.

Couldn't agree more.

But you know we dont have the player magnetism of the Mancs or even I'm sick to say Dippers or even getting to be Gooners. And also with us being self sufficient AND 1 OUT 1 IN we put alot of barriers up to begin with.

Its our board and transfer team we need to transfer!!

Everytime i watched him this season he looked bureaucratic and disinterested. You can see in his thread in the site JUVENTUZ how he is infuriating their supporters.

I think he was trying hard to come to Chelsea last window but Juventus was too greedy and wanted more money. He is doing a VVD there in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nathangeorge99 said:

As a LWB, who would you guys prefer out of Sandro or Dortmund's Raphael Guerreiro. Sandro is the most established name, but Guerreiro is younger, could be cheaper, and could turn out to be just as good.

We just signed Palmieri doubt were gonna sign another LWB, also with Conte leaving we might switch back to 4 formation.

3 hours ago, nathangeorge99 said:

As a LWB, who would you guys prefer out of Sandro or Dortmund's Raphael Guerreiro. Sandro is the most established name, but Guerreiro is younger, could be cheaper, and could turn out to be just as good.

I've seen more of Guerreiro and if he costs less, I would recommend him. Don't know what to say about Sandro's current performance; he looked very good to me when he was with Porto.

Sandro is still elite, Guerreiro needs to prove himself more over a long stretch to be at Sandro's level. 

I can't pick one or the other, but IF it's a deal you want, go with Raphael.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Didn't stand out for me tonight vs Spurs. Sandro is not worth €70m imo. If he didn't play for Juventus i don't think he would get the hype.

Totally agree, not worth 70M. He was Ok at best, Alonso is better in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Is this guy even good or is he a flash in the pan? Looked awful against Spurs

Good but not worth his £60m quoted price... If Emerson won't come good cos his skill sets and ceiling is quite higher than Sandro... I hope the board will go after Raphael Gurreiro....sensational talent

One match in the CL and amazing how people formulate such opinions on someone who continually has some of the best full back stats in Europe, who's club rejected £60m for and fans who watch him every week rate highly. 'Alonso is better than him' come on. If we think Sandro is bad based on one match 80% of Alonso's matches this season are of a worse standard than what Sandro produced yesterday. Sandro was disappointing going forward but v. strong defensively. Average overall but I guess Juve's whole side is average then if we base it on one game.

People wonder why the club aren't moving forward because we sign average players over top players that improve our first XI. Then pretend top players who would improve our first XI are suddenly not worth it. Have some ambition. Read good things on Emerson but would much rather we got Sandro/Telles.

IMG_4572.PNG

IMG_4573.PNG

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You