Alex Sandro

iceboy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

He is not a "flash in the pan" since he is playing really well for many years. But people talking about his poor display against Spurs are not wrong. He is not playing well this season. 

Marotta(Juve board) said that "Alex Sandro knows whats wrong and need to fix his personal problem". Have no idea what it is.

Recently he has been praised again there, but he is playing as left winger in the front three.

And guys, Guerreiro is not better than Alonso..we have this tendency to underrate Chelsea players. You do not see that among other clubs supporters.

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Tomo said:

He already has one.

Alonso? Too slow and probably wont make it in regular 4:3:3 or whatever system we will play next season. Good player in attack, but goals dont make up for his lack of dynamic in a position such as LB:

Emerson? Good potential, was even good in few games he played, but hard to predict he will be top player.

I was thinking about someone like Ashley, someone who is undisputed starter and plays equaly good in attack/defense, is mobile enough etc etc.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Alonso? Too slow and probably wont make it in regular 4:3:3 or whatever system we will play next season. Good player in attack, but goals dont make up for his lack of dynamic in a position such as LB:

Emerson? Good potential, was even good in few games he played, but hard to predict he will be top player.

I was thinking about someone like Ashley, someone who is undisputed starter and plays equaly good in attack/defense, is mobile enough etc etc.

Alonso has flaws but also some serious quality's, i certainly don't think he's bad enough to break our transfer record on an upgrade, especially when we have position's that desperately need reinforcements. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Alonso has flaws but also some serious quality's, i certainly don't think he's bad enough to break our transfer record on an upgrade, especially when we have position's that desperately need reinforcements. 

If Alonso is still our starting LWB next season then it’s one of the places we need reinforcements in, just as important as any place in the team. What ‘serious qualities’ does he have bar being above average in the air and free kicks? Don’t bring up his supposed goal threat. He shoots a hell of a lot and is often joining up with our CF in the box and his goal output is the same as Moses if you take away free kicks. Hazard being able to link up for the first time in his Chelsea career with a LWB with pace to overlap, good close control and ability for give and go, pass and move, would make a world of difference.

On 06/07/2018 at 7:56 PM, ja1 said:

If Alonso is still our starting LWB next season then it’s one of the places we need reinforcements in, just as important as any place in the team. What ‘serious qualities’ does he have bar being above average in the air and free kicks? Don’t bring up his supposed goal threat. He shoots a hell of a lot and is often joining up with our CF in the box and his goal output is the same as Moses if you take away free kicks. Hazard being able to link up for the first time in his Chelsea career with a LWB with pace to overlap, good close control and ability for give and go, pass and move, would make a world of difference.

Really? Dont be stupid. Unless Alonso or Emerson leave we will not sign a LB. Would be pointless to sign a third LB in the space of 2 years. Considering if we change manager as well you think hes going to prioritise a LB when we already have 2 he hasn't actually seen in the flesh yet to spend 60m on Alex Sandro? A summer after the club refused to go over that? You must be dreaming.  

Hazard being able to link up with a LB for the first time in his career bla bla bla not this shite again. Alonso and Moses playing as wing backs free'd the likes of Hazard and Willian/Pedro up so often in the last 2 years, purely by staying so far wide and occupying those wider spaces. Why do you think the year we won the title Hazard played unbelievably? He was so much more freer than he had ever been under any Chelsea manager in the past. He had next to no defensive responsibilities. Played as a wide 10 in half spaces.  Where as in stark contrast, he played as a second striker a lot last season and was so much more isolated and at times, after a promising start, struggled because he didn't have as much space as he did in the front 3 more or less as an attacking midfielder. The wing backs still created width but it was only Hazard and Morata/Giroud. When Willian/Pedro played with him and Morata/Giroud you seen we looked much better because there was more offensive players for the opposite defences to be worried about. 

The 343 system firstly sorted our defence out when it was first introduced and free'd up our attacking players, while being able to retain some width. I still think Hazard is better coming from the left, the centre of the pitch is always so congested and I reckon if Sarri does come he will get that width from the full back regardless of if it is Alonso/Emerson to create those little pockets for Hazard/Willian etc. 

18 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Really? Dont be stupid. Unless Alonso or Emerson leave we will not sign a LB. Would be pointless to sign a third LB in the space of 2 years. Considering if we change manager as well you think hes going to prioritise a LB when we already have 2 he hasn't actually seen in the flesh yet to spend 60m on Alex Sandro? A summer after the club refused to go over that? You must be dreaming.  

Hazard being able to link up with a LB for the first time in his career bla bla bla not this shite again. Alonso and Moses playing as wing backs free'd the likes of Hazard and Willian/Pedro up so often in the last 2 years, purely by staying so far wide and occupying those wider spaces. Why do you think the year we won the title Hazard played unbelievably? He was so much more freer than he had ever been under any Chelsea manager in the past. He had next to no defensive responsibilities. Played as a wide 10 in half spaces.  Where as in stark contrast, he played as a second striker a lot last season and was so much more isolated and at times, after a promising start, struggled because he didn't have as much space as he did in the front 3 more or less as an attacking midfielder. The wing backs still created width but it was only Hazard and Morata/Giroud. When Willian/Pedro played with him and Morata/Giroud you seen we looked much better because there was more offensive players for the opposite defences to be worried about. 

The 343 system firstly sorted our defence out when it was first introduced and free'd up our attacking players, while being able to retain some width. I still think Hazard is better coming from the left, the centre of the pitch is always so congested and I reckon if Sarri does come he will get that width from the full back regardless of if it is Alonso/Emerson to create those little pockets for Hazard/Willian etc. 

Obviously it’s unrealistic yes, I never said it wasn’t, just like it’s unrealistic we’d buy an upgrade at RWB after signing Zappacosta last year, doesn’t mean I don’t think we need it. It’s also unrealistic we’ll sell Drinkwater this summer but it’s one of the weaknesses in the squad I think we can improve on like at LWB and RWB. Having said that I like what I’ve seen from Emerson and feel like he could be the LWB we need IF he’s given the chance. 

If you’re happy to just put any player at wingback and they provide width just by virtue of being present in their position that’s fair enough, what you said doesn’t change the fact that having a LWB superior than Alonso in the attributes I mentioned would compliment Hazard further, would probably have helped us last season, and would mean you can still be happy with your bare minimum requirement of just having wingbacks who stay in their position and provide width.

• 4 months later...

I dont know why people are excited about this, we just signed Alonso to a 5 year contract and spent another 22 million on his back up. Knowing our board the last place we are spending money is on a LB. So lets move on.

15 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

I dont know why people are excited about this, we just signed Alonso to a 5 year contract and spent another 22 million on his back up. Knowing our board the last place we are spending money is on a LB. So lets move on.

Exactly but we as fans are prone to having the Fifa/FM mentality where we think it's easy to offload a player and replace him like it's nothing.

If anyone thinks a top class LB like Sandro is leaving Juventus, arguably in the top 3 contenders for the CL this season, for Chelsea right now, they are smoking some strong shit.

We blew our chance 2 or 3 seasons ago.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

If anyone thinks a top class LB like Sandro is leaving Juventus, arguably in the top 3 contenders for the CL this season, for Chelsea right now, they are smoking some strong shit.

We blew our chance 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Gotta agree with you there. And the board and Sarri think turtle Alonso is a god amongst mere mortals.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You