Alex Sandro

iceboy

On 11/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

He's not Chelsea level. Regardless of whether or not he looked better than Alonso, he doesn't provide enough going forward to play for us. Sorry wanted him to work out but he's not it. Simple.

Let's not pretend he's not a good player. If Alonso, Bakayoko and DW are Chelsea level so is Bertrand, I don't know why this term 'Chelsea level' is only thrown about when discussing former youth players who we didn't give a chance. I wouldn't take him as a wingback but were we ever playing 4atb he's exactly the type of player I'd want to supplement the squad.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not pretend he's not a good player. If Alonso, Bakayoko and DW are Chelsea level so is Bertrand, I don't know why this term 'Chelsea level' is only thrown about when discussing former youth players who we didn't give a chance. I wouldn't take him as a wingback but were we ever playing 4atb he's exactly the type of player I'd want to supplement the squad.

Not good enough. Alonso is adequate but not our level either.

Bakayoko will come good... patience is a virtue.

5 hours ago, ja1 said:

If Bertrand was good enough he’d never have been sold and replaced by a mediocre player like Baba Rahmann. Particularly when in recent times we needed to fill our home grown quota.

Regardless of playing 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back or whatever he’s not good enough... considering we already have Alonso who is a better player than Bertrand and people want to upgrade on him. Bertrand would of been a huge step backward. Unless he was to be Alonsos back up but considering links to the likes of Alex Sandro, Alex Telles... heck even Kolasinac at the end of last season, were all linked so for me Bertrand would be a step backwards.

Regarding the former youth players not given a chance your meaning him, Ake and Chalobah in particular right? To be fair Nate is a much better player, with a higher ceiling who could have easily taken Drinkwaters place in the squad but he didn’t want to stay. Bertrand for me would be an upgrade on Kenedy but still he would hardly displace Alonso and offer anything more. Where as Nathan Ake has not shown anything to prove he’s worth the 20m Bournemouth paid for him so not a problem either.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

If Bertrand was good enough he’d never have been sold and replaced by a mediocre player like Baba Rahmann. Particularly when in recent times we needed to fill our home grown quota.

Regardless of playing 3 at the back, 4 at the back, 5 at the back or whatever he’s not good enough... considering we already have Alonso who is a better player than Bertrand and people want to upgrade on him. Bertrand would of been a huge step backward. Unless he was to be Alonsos back up but considering links to the likes of Alex Sandro, Alex Telles... heck even Kolasinac at the end of last season, were all linked so for me Bertrand would be a step backwards.

Regarding the former youth players not given a chance your meaning him, Ake and Chalobah in particular right? To be fair Nate is a much better player, with a higher ceiling who could have easily taken Drinkwaters place in the squad but he didn’t want to stay. Bertrand for me would be an upgrade on Kenedy but still he would hardly displace Alonso and offer anything more. Where as Nathan Ake has not shown anything to prove he’s worth the 20m Bournemouth paid for him so not a problem either.

Can you not judge him on parameters other than simply if the club sells him or not? Otherwise Sturridge, KDB, Salah are automatically not Chelsea quality too just because they were sold. He's of similar quality to Alonso. If I was playing 3atb I'd prefer Alonso and with 4atb I'd want Bertrand. I agree he's not as good as other targets, I don't want him, I want to improve on Alonso, doesn't mean Bertrand isn't Chelsea level, he's literally a perfect, reliable squad player for a top club. 

Ake has got player of the month at Bournemouth for the out of the last 4 months btw.

29 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Can you not judge him on parameters other than simply if the club sells him or not? Otherwise Sturridge, KDB, Salah are automatically not Chelsea quality too just because they were sold. He's of similar quality to Alonso. If I was playing 3atb I'd prefer Alonso and with 4atb I'd want Bertrand. I agree he's not as good as other targets, I don't want him, I want to improve on Alonso, doesn't mean Bertrand isn't Chelsea level, he's literally a perfect, reliable squad player for a top club. 

Ake has got player of the month at Bournemouth for the out of the last 4 months btw.

I’m not judging Bertrand on the fact we sold him. We had Ashley Cole on his last legs and he couldn’t break in. Eventually a RB took Cole’s place. When he did he played as a LM. Says it all. He didn’t go on and become a world beater or anything we necessarily missed. Hopefully the club can find some sort of player like a Alex Sandro or even take a gamble on Luke Shaw as well.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:08 PM, the wes said:

Marcotti is about as knowledgeable of Italian transfers as Ballague is of Spanish transfers. Both don't know their ass from their elbow. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Marcotti is about as knowledgeable of Italian transfers as Ballague is of Spanish transfers. Both don't know their ass from their elbow. 

:lol: It's quite an insult to put Marcotti in the same bracket as Balague. You don't see the former going about spouting transfer rumours like the latter as if they are going to happen, only to see those attempts backfired later on.

And if you have actually read what Marcotti said or even watched the video, you would know he didn't explicitly say Conte won't go for Sandro. He merely gave his opinion that no one will pay 60-70 million for him on the basis of how he has performed this season.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Juventus apparently want David Luiz and we want Alex Sandro, so hopefully we do what we should of done this summer with Matic and offer them Luiz + 25-30M for Sandro. Win win

I honestly can't see why this couldn't happen. Definitely a win-win for both clubs and both players.

Everyone here knows how desperately I wanted him in the summer but tbh, after hearing how massively his form has dropped off since then I actually wouldn't be bothered if we don't get him. Especially for mega money.

Certainly still need a new LWB for competition with Alonso, but I wouldn't be devastated if it wasn't Sandro. Should be the priority position of strengthening next month.

3 hours ago, nathangeorge99 said:

Who would TC members prefer out of Sandro or Grimaldo? Sandro is more established, but Grimaldo could be an outstanding, long-term investment.

Grimaldo is a goood talent but he has got injury problems and I can’t see Benfica selling anybody mid season for anything but a buyout clause or extortionate fee. If Sandro is available he will be the clubs first choice for sure. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You