Fernando Llorente

Captain Ahmed

£33m for a striker who scored 17 in France last season and we may loan him. 

Then bring in a 31 year old who hasn't looked class in a couple of years now and isn't even pulling up tress at Swansea.

I trust Conte, but this seems like absolute madness. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could understand if you were convinced Diego would play/start every game for the rest of the season, Llorente is a good plan B in games where we're losing and just need a good header of the ball in the box. But how can we be sure Diego doesn't get hurt tomorrow or get suspended? Gotta keep Michy in this situation imo.

Llorente is bang average, no surprise he plays for this weak Swansea side. If we continue to buy this kind of players we are doomed. I mean I know Conte doesn't trust Batsuhayi, but he is clearly better than Llorente especially when it comes to passing or technique. Players like Hazard,Willian and Pedro need someone they actually can combinate with. Llorentes days as a decent striker are gone.

18 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

This whole thing proves yet again that Michy wasn't a Conte signing. 

Of course it wasn't. Look at the time when he was bought when Conte was with the Italian team. 

Rudgier was another one targeted by the club. 

But after that everything has gone through Conte, and I doubt from now on anyone will interfere. They seen what great job he is doing, so it will targets he ask for. Weather is option A, or option C it will be him. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Reminds me of the Demba Ba deal

Ba was inform when we bought him and one of best natural scorers. Llorente is not on level for at least 3 years. 

But I can see this deal makes sense only if we get Llorente on loan, because Conte clearly doesnt count on Bats. 

11 minutes ago, Styles said:

Conte spent 23m on Alonso and now wants to sign struggling strikers from the bottom placed club.

Honestly, he should have no say on transfers moving forward in opinion.

Yeah because having 4 golden ball winners in the squad is always a winner team - see that horrible Real Madrid 12-13 years ago.

With Alonso we won 13 games straight and hardly ever conceded goals. Llorente would be a backup striker - why not? He scored some goals at Swansea, he is a good player and very tall.  By the way, Conte was the one who called Kanté and convinced him to join Chelsea.

27 minutes ago, Styles said:

Conte spent 23m on Alonso and now wants to sign struggling strikers from the bottom placed club.

Honestly, he should have no say on transfers moving forward in opinion.

I used to think you were one of the sensible ones.....tut tut.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah because having 4 golden ball winners in the squad is always a winner team - see that horrible Real Madrid 12-13 years ago.

With Alonso we won 13 games straight and hardly ever conceded goals. Llorente would be a backup striker - why not? He scored some goals at Swansea, he is a good player and very tall.  By the way, Conte was the one who called Kanté and convinced him to join Chelsea.

Who the hell said anything about having a team full of ballon d'or winners?

Do you really think the only two options are world class players or the Alonso's of this world and with absolutely nothing in between?

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

I used to think you were one of the sensible ones.....tut tut.

I have my moments. :Goober:

In the same way that Torres was terrible here, yet perfectly adequate and 'good' for Atletico upon his return, plenty of 'past it' strikers (I'm looking at Falcao) can flourish once they're with different players in a different system. Llorente would bring something new to this team, which Bats does not. With or without Bats, we have all the same qualities, he doesn't bring something new to the table, but Llorente brings a controlled, aerial presence which Costa does not, which alone gets you 5 or so headed goals a season; and in a season where we rarely lose by over 1 goal, that's the difference we can benefit from.

Also, since his style is similar enough to Costa's, the players around him wouldn't need to change their way of playing once he comes on. Whereas when Costa goes off at the moment, suddenly we decide our replacement striker isn't worthy enough of having the ball fed to him, and thus it goes to either Pedro or Hazard as they become the main attacking threat. 

For 6 months of football we could do worse than use a player that Conte's already familiar with.

He's averaged 1 goal every 2.5 games in both the Premier League and Serie A. This mostly being a sub. Wanting anything more from a sub is spoiled.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You