• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the whole thing exploded in City's face, they have problems and we exploited them with ease.

This Chelsea side are not just looking fluent but we look powerful and so fast it's incredible.

Antonio Conte has got everyone reading off his hymn sheet, just look at him at the end, he went over to every players and hugged them....We have a boss now who understands and respects players and allows them to express themselves.

Couldn't me proud of the lads today.

43 minutes ago, DYC. said:

They were better. They should've won. But they didn't. Every once in a while a win like that beats a trashing.

Especially when they lose control in the end. So sensitive. Hope City stacked up on tissues, tampons, Taylor Swift albums and romantic comedies.

As for Aguero. They should lock him up.

Effectiveness bro....

Once again, it seems to me that Pep Guardiola cannot adapt his tactics to the reality of the match. I remember how Barcelona never had a plan B. They kept on passing the ball, retaining possesion, even if the opponent wasn't interested in having the ball. Today, he sent his team out to play each ball out on the flanks and take advantage of Sane, Navas and De Bruyne's pace. They did that for 96+ minutes. They were close to finish us when De Bruyne missed that sitter, but other than that they didn't create any clear opportunities on their own. Aguero had a few clear chances but the ball came to him thanks to our mistaken passes. 

Conte outclassed Guardiola today, tactics-wise. Pep tried to copy our system, but his defense was exposed on counters because his players are not as qualified to play this system as are ours. Conte started by trying to retain possesion a little, but then he noticed the opponent's flaws and took advantage of them. 

Another fantastic comeback by us, against a very strong team. And our 8th consecutive win! 22 goals scored, 2 goals conceded. Played against Leicester, Manchester United, Southampton, Everton, Tottenham, Man. City during this period. Let that sink in for a second, have a glass of wine and enjoy this, lads. 

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2016-17.18798/page-176   

Chavs are the luckiest and most effective Team in the league. 2 half chances 2 goals whilst City have missed more than 5 sitters.

" Currently, they are arguably the best in Europe in converting half chances to real goal scoring chances. Beyond that they are nothing much, we made them look like a pub team for a good 45 mins last week. "

4 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Once again, it seems to me that Pep Guardiola cannot adapt his tactics to the reality of the match. I remember how Barcelona never had a plan B. They kept on passing the ball, retaining possesion, even if the opponent wasn't interested in having the ball. Today, he sent his team out to play each ball out on the flanks and take advantage of Sane, Navas and De Bruyne's pace. They did that for 96+ minutes. They were close to finish us when De Bruyne missed that sitter, but other than that they didn't create any clear opportunities on their own. Aguero had a few clear chances but the ball came to him thanks to our mistaken passes. 

Conte outclassed Guardiola today, tactics-wise. Pep tried to copy our system, but his defense was exposed on counters because his players are not as qualified to play this system as are ours. Conte started by trying to retain possesion a little, but then he noticed the opponent's flaws and took advantage of them. 

Another fantastic comeback by us, against a very strong team. And our 8th consecutive win! 22 goals scored, 2 goals conceded. Played against Leicester, Manchester United, Southampton, Everton, Tottenham, Man. City during this period. Let that sink in for a second, have a glass of wine and enjoy this, lads. 

I disagree, tactic wise Pep had a good plan playing between our cb and our wb. They created numerous chances (2/3 clear cut chances) but they didn't score. We also play the same way mostly through long direct ball and Costa was brilliant

1 minute ago, guddy6969 said:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2016-17.18798/page-176   

Chavs are the luckiest and most effective Team in the league. 2 half chances 2 goals whilst City have missed more than 5 sitters.

The game finished 1-3, brother. 

7 minutes ago, guddy6969 said:

" Piss weak City, if you're going to get sent off at least do serious damage to the cunts. "

Showing their class as usual. I think its to do with them being inbred mostly.

12 minutes ago, guddy6969 said:

" Piss weak City, if you're going to get sent off at least do serious damage to the cunts. "

Don't think I can take anymore of this. I'm getting sick from it.

13 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

The game finished 1-3, brother. 

But it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Pep had Conte figured out. 55% of their attacks came down Alonso's half, KDB/Navas were having supreme joy whipping balls in for that flank. And in the 2nd hald Silva joined that side too, where they simply overloaded our lef-side, creating chance after chance after chance. 

Pep can't finish for the team too. He clrrectly identified our weakness but City failed to convert those 2 KDB chances. 

We also didn't help ourselves by giving the ball away so cheaply as well in that second half, but that was also a result of their pressing somewhat imo. 

All im trying to say, is that while we were the more clinical team on the day ( 3 shots on target, 3 goals). If you play that exact game 10 times, im sure more often than not, we'd walk away with a loss. But that doesn't matter right now, because, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUUEEEEEEEE

4 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

But it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. 

Pep had Conte figured out. 55% of their attacks came down Alonso's half, KDB/Navas were having supreme joy whipping balls in for that flank. And in the 2nd hald Silva joined that side too, where they simply overloaded our lef-side, creating chance after chance after chance. 

Pep can't finish for the team too. He clrrectly identified our weakness but City failed to convert those 2 KDB chances. 

We also didn't help ourselves by giving the ball away so cheaply as well in that second half, but that was also a result of their pressing somewhat imo. 

All im trying to say, is that while we were the more clinical team on the day ( 3 shots on target, 3 goals). If you play that exact game 10 times, im sure more often than not, we'd walk away with a loss. But that doesn't matter right now, because, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUUEEEEEEEE

Completely agree

Our left hand site consist of Hazard,Fab,Alonso and Cahill. It is like we are inviting them to attack on that side. But KDB positioning was very clever (I am pretty sure Pep pointed it out to him). He kept whillping dangerous cross in from slightly above the penalty box and it was the weak spot in 343.

I wanted us to play Chalobah to stop that cross from KDB but we will not score the 2nd goal. 

Guardiola has brought City's football to another level but also the theatrics and a bit of nastiness when things aren't going there way, although Aguero has previous with Luiz. 

I think we were better in the second half in comparison to the first but we were lucky because Luiz should of been sent off and we also gave them 3 big chances (KdB should of scored that sitter), another day and they would of won, comfortably. Ive seen people say we were magnificent but we were very lucky first and foremost but most of all, clinical, although we played good together as a team.

Fernandinho and Aguero are a disgrace, I wouldn't be surprised if one of Chalobah or Cesc gets some sort of action taken against them too though, more likely Fabregas due to raising his hand. Still 3 points without looking entirely convincing, like against Spurs, so cannot complain. 

For all the defending I did of Marcos Alonso against Spurs he really looked out of his depth today in all honesty, although so did Moses, Cahill and Azpi at times but that lifted pass/clearance into the channel for Hazard was brilliant and he's done that a few times now, almost seems telepathic at times.