• Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DIEGO COSTA!!! DIEGO COSTA!!! DIEGO COSTA!!!

I never expected I would like this player so much.

Great win today.

Again, I must mention the need for new players in LWB, CB and CM, but it was good to see a little of Chalobah. Maybe things will work out well for Nathaniel at Chelsea this season and moreso next.

Back line looking so tenuous on the left and both Luiz and Azpi cannot be expected to compensate so much for the shortcomings on that left side the rest of this season. Nice effort too from Moses on defending.

Alonso... nice pass, but this guy cannot be the ongoing starting LWB (there are housebound ppl with greater acceleration than this player).

I cannot thank Chef Antonio enough for making me feel positive about CFC again. Long may he reign!!!

Of all the games I was forced to miss, it had to be this one. :doh: Followed the game on Twitter and Guardian's live blog earlier and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw us equalize and then score another two goals. :lol: Didn't think we would win this one - would have been happy with a point - because it's at City and our record there has been dreadful over the years. So to win there and did it in the manner we did was just brilliant.

Have seen the highlights and all our 3 goals were great - Costa's finish was Drogba-esque (what a ball from Fabregas!) for the way he controlled the long pass (think the Lampard-Drogba combo) and used his strength to score emphatically. Willian's and Hazard's were great counter attacking goals, especially the former. Utterly clinical.

The drama at the end was disgraceful and I'm curious to see how much the pundits, journalists etc are going to criticize City - mainly Aguero and Fernandinho - because you can absolutely certain that had Costa done that, there would be a national campaign right now calling for him to be banned for 10 games.

7 hours ago, guddy6969 said:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2016-17.18798/page-176   

Chavs are the luckiest and most effective Team in the league. 2 half chances 2 goals whilst City have missed more than 5 sitters.

" Currently, they are arguably the best in Europe in converting half chances to real goal scoring chances. Beyond that they are nothing much, we made them look like a pub team for a good 45 mins last week. "

I hope I can speak for everyone when i say no self-respecting Chelsea fan cares what a spud thinks, just focus on your rivalry with the other bottlers in North London. London is blue, that's a fact, if you don't like it that's a sad day for you

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ive seen people say we were magnificent but we were very lucky first and foremost but most of all,

I see luck everywhere, but... How about City being lucky that Cahill scored one of the dumbest own goals ever?

Man City created probably 4/5 good goal scoring chances whilst we created 3/4. We were clinical. They weren't. Nothing lucky about it imo.

First of all I'm ecstatic with our win and I'm very happy with what Conte has done to our team.

And I'm equally as happy with the red cards because it makes up for previous games against City. The 3-0 defeats to them last season were very difficult to accept. In one of those games Fernandinho should've been sent off for kicking are players off the park. But he didn't get sent off so he went on to score the winner at the Etihad. 

And as for that dirty little bugger Aguero that red card makes up for the fact that he once two footed lunged David Luiz and only got a yellow card for it. This was in an FA Cup game back in 2013.

Great result away from home, but certainly not the best performance. We definitely need more solidity at the back because i think lack of speed among luiz, cahill and alonso is our weak spot. If we can sure up that defence and bring in another creative player to ease hazard's workload, I think we would definitely be on our way to being a genuine force not just in the prem, but also in Europe.