Franck Kessié

Captain Ahmed

On 1/4/2017 at 9:24 AM, manpe said:

We have lost that African power we used to have, by the sounds of it Kessie would bring it back. And his name is similar to Essien. Sign him up!

I don't like watching YouTube videos of players best goals and assists because it doesn't show what he does for the rest of the match. But after watching his all his touches for three different games against empoli, Juve and Roma, I've changed my mind about kessie. Sign him up!!!

He plays like a young yayatoure. He's two footed, opens up and makes himself for passes, can spray long passes to the wingbacks with both foot, he's strong as hell and excellent at holding the ball under pressure, so dembele and wayanma can't bully him off the ball easily without committing fouls, he has the stamina to get up and down the pitch, he can use his strength to dribble out of tight spaces, he loves one two's (hazard will love him) and he can shoot and score from midfield. 

He's the best available box to box we can land in january and he's young so he can only improve under Conte. The YouTube channel is fansjuvecomps and Juve fans want him so bad. 

14 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I don't like watching YouTube videos of players best goals and assists because it doesn't show what he does for the rest of the match. But after watching his all his touches for three different games against empoli, Juve and Roma, I've changed my mind about kessie. Sign him up!!!

He plays like a young yayatoure. He's two footed, opens up and makes himself for passes, can spray long passes to the wingbacks with both foot, he's strong as hell and excellent at holding the ball under pressure, so dembele and wayanma can't bully him off the ball easily without committing fouls, he has the stamina to get up and down the pitch, he can use his strength to dribble out of tight spaces, he loves one two's (hazard will love him) and he can shoot and score from midfield. 

He's the best available box to box we can land in january and he's young so he can only improve under Conte. The YouTube channel is fansjuvecomps and Juve fans want him so bad. 

You just sold me. I have never seen the fella play I admit, but what I have read and seen sounds and looks like exactly what we need.

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Don't you think he's a bit too erratic on the ball? If you look at his performance against Juventus, You'll notice that he lost the ball a number of times under pressure. Another thing I have noticed about him is that his decision making is off a lot of times because I have seen him go for a dribble even when there is a teammate in wide open space. Moreover, His dribbling is decent no doubt but countless times the ball has ricochet off the defender in his favor indicating that he is probably not the cleanest dribbler. He is physically as good as it gets but on the ball, I think he might struggle.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

You just sold me. I have never seen the fella play I admit, but what I have read and seen sounds and looks like exactly what we need.

He has his weakness, but his powerful shooting, strength, two footed long range passing and opening up for teammates to find him is better than what I've seen from Kante and Matic so far.

2 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Don't you think he's a bit too erratic on the ball? If you look at his performance against Juventus, You'll notice that he lost the ball a number of times under pressure. Another thing I have noticed about him is that his decision making is off a lot of times because I have seen him go for a dribble even when there is a teammate in wide open space. Moreover, His dribbling is decent no doubt but countless times the ball has ricochet in his favor indicating that he is probably not the cleanest dribbler. He is physically as good as it gets but on the ball, I think he might struggle.

He's no Verratti or fabregas but I absolutely love players who get their heads up as the ball is rolling towards them and gives first time passes easily, especially if they're two footed. 

Against Juve, when he lost the ball, it was from behind by mandzukic coming back but you can clearly see his strength against anything in front of him. And about decision making, that's the best you can get from a box to box. He's not Verratti or fabregas who make the best intelligent decisions all the time but in terms of the type of box to box midfielder CONTE likes, I can see why we are scouting him. 

You can see that Conte prefers strong, goalscoring, box to box midfielders like Pogba rather than small playmakers like fabregas and there's some similarities with younger Pogba I'm seeing with this guy.

14 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

He has his weakness, but his powerful shooting, strength, two footed long range passing and opening up for teammates to find him is better than what I've seen from Kante and Matic so far.

He's no Verratti or fabregas but I absolutely love players who get their heads up as the ball is rolling towards them and gives first time passes easily, especially if they're two footed. 

Against Juve, when he lost the ball, it was from behind by mandzukic coming back but you can clearly see his strength against anything in front of him. And about decision making, that's the best you can get from a box to box. He's not Verratti or fabregas who make the best intelligent decisions all the time but in terms of the type of box to box midfielder CONTE likes, I can see why we are scouting him. 

You can see that Conte prefers strong, goalscoring, box to box midfielders like Pogba rather than small playmakers like fabregas and there's some similarities with younger Pogba I'm seeing with this guy.

But Pogba technique wise is on an another level than Kessie. I'm just worried that with a midfield of Kessie-Kante, we might be a bit too limited on the ball in midfield.

1 hour ago, Mufassir08 said:

But Pogba technique wise is on an another level than Kessie. I'm just worried that with a midfield of Kessie-Kante, we might be a bit too limited on the ball in midfield.

58 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Never say never but we wont dominate with Ngolo-Kessie. Its just not possible.

If you put Verratti next to them, then the situation is completely different.

I wish we can get Verratti. Honestly that would be incredible, a player who is solid defensively, quick, can pass like fabregas and can tackle. But I'm having doubts that we can get him. 

I read a tactical post from a Juventus fan on Facebook about Conte saying that Conte wants midfielders who can be a number 6 or 8 at any point in the match. Verratti is world class in this role, modric is another but in our team right now both Matic and kante are only good defensively but woeful attacking wise. Fabregas is world class in attack but terrible in defending. 

Kessie is not worldclass in both, but like yayatoure, like Spurs showed against us with dembele, these type of midfielders who are good on both sides can be as valuable as they come. He is still young, but I see potential because he already has the physique, shooting, positioning, dribbling and passing technique naturally. Conte can Forge him into something great like he proved with Pogba. 

If this is a Conte signing I'm all for it, because Conte has proved that if there's any position he is a master of players abilities, it's midfield. He was amidfielder himself  

3 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Kessie + Kante + Cesc.  I'd love to see us play 352 with that midfield.

Verratti in the summer, Cesc and Matic for rotation/cover next season.  

I'm getting ahead of myself, that's FIFA talk.  

I like.

And Kessie’s agent, George Atangana, says he is in discussions with Chelsea over a transfer.

‘Chelsea are very interested and it is a great club but we must take our time to consider all the options.

‘Now we are in January so he has to play at the Africa Cup of Nations for Ivory Coast so I am not going to rush anything,’ Atangana told The Guardian.

I hope we can close this deal in January. even if it means loaning him back for the remainder of the season. He is the prototypical type of CM Conte wants and he is already playing the system! Seems to be a little more well rounded than bakayoko who seems to be more defensive(only off what I have read). going forward he could be a major talent especially with conte coaching him.

This is what happens when clubs sleep on the job and penny pinch for players that you know would help you.

Liverpool willing to pay £35m for Chelsea target: Club open to selling star man

LIVERPOOL are reportedly open to spending £35m for Atlanta star man Franck Kessie.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/578417/Liverpool-Chelsea-Franck-Kessie-Atlanta-35m-Man-United-transfers-rumours-gossip-news

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You