Franck Kessié

Captain Ahmed

He might have faked his age imo..

Image result for kessie u17

When he was 16 yrs old playing for U-17 tournament. His build and face seem doubtful for 16 yrs old kid.  He simply isn't good enough to start over Fabregas and Matic and will be one for future. What if he lied about his age? 

1 hour ago, dkim2 said:

When he was 16 yrs old playing for U-17 tournament. His build and face seem doubtful for 16 yrs old kid.  He simply isn't good enough to start over Fabregas and Matic and will be one for future. What if he lied about his age? 

Not so sure. 

Look, here's Lukaku in under 13 tournament 

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvxIKhGyGXHO-P0VQ_ygcJleEtPowT0_GvlbRnYuagK3ZKGTHY

And Lukaku was born in Belgium, he cannot be age cheat.

10 hours ago, dkim2 said:

He looks very old in this picture 

Screenshot_20161230-173050.png

I only follow a few teams in Serie A, so I cant really say much about the quality of Kessie. 

However, one of the more upvoted threads (and in my opinion a quality read) over on the CFC section on Reddit was this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/5l59bd/why_we_needs_kessié_conte_tactical_analysis/

It is written by a guy who seems to have followed Conte for a while (probably a Juve fan), and the main point he makes in it is about what kind of CM Conte is looking for. Basically, it is someone like Kante. He wants two midfielders who can run, run and then run some more while being able to defend. His argument is that the CM's are the ones giving our wingbacks the opportunity to run forward more, and that it is enough combined with constant pressure and ball-winning to win games. 

In other words, we are not looking for players who's best abilities are related to creativity, but ones who are very athletic. Matic is probably considered too slow by far to fulfill his role, and it is therefore we are looking for additions there. Kessie is very raw, but from what I have read he is a physical monster who also shows potential of becoming much more than that. Bakayoko would also fill the description. 

Regardless, surely it seems like this will be one of our transfer in January? Atalanta might push for more money, but they are not large enough to really resist for too long. If Romano is reporting it, there is clearly interest from our side. The Guardian also reported it earlier. 

Some comments from reddit regarding Kessie:

"Good with both feet, good passer of the ball, good long shot, is all over the place, fast, strong. Modern B2B. A less defensive version of Essien with better technique if I have to draw a parellel with someone from Chelsea's recent history. But I think he will make his own name in the world of football, seems really well balanced as a CM"

"A bit smaller, 183, but yeah, he has it all really. If he matures and ages according to what he shows now he will be a great midfielder, capable of just about any role in the center of the park. He already seems to be very calm on the ball, and chooses the right pass or shot a lot of the time. This Atalanta team has some great youth going"

30 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to SportItalia calciomercato journalist Matteo Pedrosi, Chelsea are set to relaunch their efforts in bringing in Atalanta’s midfield enforcer

Chelsea in talks to sign Franck Kessie

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2017/01/chelsea-talks-sign-franck-kessie/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+(Off+The+Post)

58 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He's normally a good source maybe chelsea will buy him and loan him back to Atalanta till end of the season 

Just now, the wes said:

He's normally a good source maybe chelsea will buy him and loan him back to Atalanta till end of the season 

Its what most people have suggested eh.Only know what Ive read and vids Ive seen but lad looks ok.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its what most people have suggested eh.Only know what Ive read and vids Ive seen but lad looks ok.

What I read about him he sounds like he very similar to essien in style I'm sure Drogba will put a good word in the wee lad ear about chelsea 

Chelsea still in talks with Atalanta over possible signing of Franck Kessié

Discussions between the two clubs ongoing for Ivory Coast midfielder 
 Chelsea likely to have to wait until summer to conclude any deal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/05/chelsea-atalanta-talks-franck-kessie

Agree the deal this month and let him stay to end of Serie A season. Good prospect but would be better playing for Atalanta every week as opposed to 15-20 mins every week here. Would also give him a pre-season to get to know the squad and players better. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You