Franck Kessié

Captain Ahmed

On 25/12/2016 at 7:51 PM, Blue Colored Sky said:

Don't you think he's 100% that? We agree that he has great athleticism but I see from limited footage that he's comfortable operating with both feet and can pass pretty opening balls. Yeah, sometimes very sloppy but the good signs are there. 

I cant say that I've seen him performing with that degree of quality often enough to believe that it is his standard level, and not just a flash of peak form that all players exhibit at some moments. I certainly think there is a gulf of quality in possession between Kessie and Badelj.

If you haven't already seen these performances, check out the videos. I felt his best display (of these) came against Roma. See what you think: -

33 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just comparing him on YouTube with Bakayoko who we were linked with last week and I think Bakayoko looks easily superior.

I don't think anyone would dispute that. Bakayoko is over two years older though, and this is his fourth season in Ligue 1. They are also different types of players. 
Both he and Kessie seem like interesting prospects, but both seem to not be very intelligent players from the information I have gathered. If that is the case, I would rather choose the one that is a beast in the defense rather than the one that is expected to be a bit more offensive (i.e go for Bakayoko).

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/28/franck-kessie-chelsea-bid-rejected

We have bid 21m pounds for Kessie and been rejected according to Guardian (they are very reliable). Seems like there is some real interest from us. Atalanta wants 34m, I guess that if we go for him the final price will be somewhere in the middle at 28m. His agent is due to meet up with Chelsea next week.

Amusing again how a few games can change things. Apparently he had agreed to join Sunderland in August but couldnt get a work permit, which isnt an issue any longer. 

I mean the clearly is very strong and dynamic. That is already good, but I do hope that he will develop his offensive side a bit more. People on reddit say he remidns them of Yaya, but I do not see it yet. 

Also going to AFCoN this coming month so if we did sign him we wouldn't be able to use him any time soon. We'd have to wait about a month for the tournament to be over and then even longer than that for him to get up to speed with the squad. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Also going to AFCoN this coming month so if we did sign him we wouldn't be able to use him any time soon. We'd have to wait about a month for the tournament to be over and then even longer than that for him to get up to speed with the squad. 

Knowing are board we probably buy him and loan him back to Atalanta 

Personally I think he looks 20. His eyes are very young. Still, I would prefer if we looked at Keita rather than Kessie. Similar age, but one has been amazing in Bundesliga and in Austria before. Still, I doubt we know better than the scouts.

Theres been 5 or 6 that we have been linked with mostly and each one of them seem good.

Apart from being able to tempt one to join us the hardest decision is which one would fit into the team the best.

I just hope that its Conte making the decision.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You