Chelsea v Spurs

Jase

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol another so called "test". I'm pretty sure every game is a test. 

Anyway time to end that ridiculous "unbeaten" run of theirs. Only spurs can be unbeaten and still be outside the top 4 😂

Only spurs can end up 3rd in a two horse race 😂. Ridiculous club 

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/other-matches-fred-2016-17.18798/page-167

" I think if Kane plays up top on his own against Chelsea, he'll touch the ball about 3 or 4 times ALL game. We need Son or Janssen playing alongside him, in fact I wouldn't mind seeing us play 3 at the back.

I think that's what we'll go with.. They are bang in form but their obsession with us could go against them, they will be over fired up."

Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #11440 on: November 6, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

Care to explain why? Formations are neutral.
In order to win the Premier League you need to be lethal in attack and strong at the back, 3-4-3 means you're playing with one less forward and over the course of the season it will be their undoing.

Not to mention every time 3 at the back has been employed in this country it has been cracked. The only reason they are doing it in the first place is because individually their centre halves are so bobbins that they can't be trusted as a pair. Rodgers tried it with us for exactly the same reason.

19 minutes ago, guddy6969 said:
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #11440 on: November 6, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »

Not to mention every time 3 at the back has been employed in this country it has been cracked. 

Every average fan and their dog could read Leicester's tactics last season. Old fashioned 4-4-2, lots of balls for Vardy's pace over defences blah blah blah. All this for 5 rounds, 10 rounds, 15 rounds, 38 rounds. They all said that a moment will come when Leicester will crack. Well they did not even though you could read them like an open book.

Everybody knows Messi's movement but they can't do nothing about it. Everybody knows that Robben likes to come inside on his left foot 99 out of 100 times but nobody can't stop him. Everybody knows that Terry likes to attack the first post at every corner kick but that did not stop him from scoring tons of goals exactly this way.

Had football been this easy you know......................................

Funny reading scousers talking about other teams getting undone during a season because of certain tactics. I guess it's probably because they have been so successful with four at the back during the last 26 years in which they won FUCK ALL haha

Very big game, particularly so with Man City away next up. I think we need to get 3 points here as I can see Man City away being very tough.

After these two matches we have West Brom, Sunderland, Palace, Bournemouth and Stoke - a potential for another 5 wins.

If we can pick 6 wins and a draw out of the remaining matches this year (very much possible!) then we should be in a great position going into the new year!

They're playing in Monaco on Tuesday night. Surely an away game in the middle of the week will have some effect on their game, especially when knowing how much they rely on stamina and pressing. We'll have the advantage in the second half and we could rip them apart when they're getting tired. 

And guys stop talking about tests already :D With the amount of tests passed recently the Chelsea players are bound to graduate with First-class honours degrees in January.

Never forget how they tried to break our players' legs last season. I hope we stick it to these cunt bastards hard when they come to the Bridge. I want a real thumping.

The sad thing is their fans think their squad is all that. They've really been deluded with the over-accomplishment of last season. 

Tactically, it will be interesting to see if Pochettino plays a 3-5-2 like he did away to Arsenal or if he sticks with their 4-2-3-1. The battle of the wide areas should be interesting. Danny Rose is suspended but Walker and Davies vs Alonso and Moses should be interesting.

I hope Conte stands by his philosophy and we have Moses and Alonso as far up the pitch as possible. Teams have no answer to the overloads our wingbacks and inside forwards (Pedro and Hazard) cause in attack.  The wing back/fullback situation should be dictated on our terms not theirs as it's one of their strongpoints.

I'll also like to see us press the ball relentlessly. We can't afford to sit deep when we don't have the ball. That will be a huge mistake. We also have to keep good possession of the ball and start with a strong intent and purpose to score from the moment the ref blows his whistle. These things culminating together are all a microcosm of Antonio's philosophy. It's what we did to Everton and what we've been doing since the formation and personnel change. If we adhere to these, we should have too much quality for them at The Bridge.