Middlesbrough v Chelsea

Jase

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Pedro has his moments but unfortunately he's just not in the same league as Hazard and Costa. We could be leading 0-3 with a better RW.

He makes nice runs, which is what is to be expected of him. He does leave something to be desired.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look a bit creaky and rusty in the defensive wide areas so that'll be a concern. In attack we look dangerous almost every time we get it around their box. 

If we make it 2-0 I think it's game over. 

Pedro has his moments but unfortunately he's just not in the same league as Hazard and Costa. We could be leading 0-3 with a better RW.

He makes nice runs, which is what is to be expected of him. He does leave something to be desired.

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Not setting the world on fire by any stretch but certainly a deserved lead.

The thing about this system we are playing is that even when it's not clicking for us in the final third we're still incredibly difficult to break down. 

I don't think we weren't clicking on the third. We've created some nice chances, we just weren't sharp, but after 20 or 30 minutes we were dominating, including in attack.

Also, I think it's a good scenario we handled here. We didn't start playing well, let alone scoring - as in all the previous matches and we still we managed the finish ahead in the break.

What's standing out to me like a sore thumb is how much improved Diego Costa's link-up play has been, my days he's really looking the complete striker, and that instinctive strikers finish just capped that off. Good stuff from him, top player.

- Hazard has been okay in spurts but he seems to be bottling a few challenges, hopefully its just rust from the International break, he's opened them up a few times though so promising!

- Kante is awesome, seriously awesome.

- The gaps left behind by the wide players is a worry on the quick counter from Boro. Careful lads!

- The transition from defence to attack is so good right now, the wing backs have so much room, we need to get to them quicker at times though especially down the left with Alonso.

Nervy game but I like what I see, especially from Diego, just don't let the crowd back into it now.

UP THE CHELS!

Just now, Barbara said:

I don't we weren't exactly clicking on the third. We've created some nice chances, we just weren't sharp, but after 20 or 30 minutes we were dominating, including in attack.

Also, I think it's a good scenario we handled here. We didn't start playing well, let alone scoring - as in all the previous matches and we still we managed the finish ahead in the break.

Tbf, the fact that they are just refusing to mark Moses has certainly helped :P Not take anything away from how much we managed to improve during the half. 

Still, I think we can find a couple of more gears, especially in our passing. 

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=330438.640

"Chelsea are very functional" 

" Boro will score one, question is how many Chelsea can score. "

" chelsea look sloppy. A good team would do them today. "

" More worried about Man City than this lot, if one of Hazard or Costa doesn't turn up or gets injured they're fucked.

I'll give them credit for beating Southampton but the other games have been kind on them and they were always going to do United with Mourinho coming back. "

etc etc...  :0)

That wasn't good but it's to be expected after an international break so I'm not even upset. At least it looks like that chastity belt is still in top shape.

Costa, I love you and your beautiful beard. Keep playing your football and don't worry about anything else.

Goal should open Boro up. I'm thinking another goal and a clean sheet for a 0-2 win.

Kante is a funny player on the ball. His technique isn't great but he's calm and he knows his limitations. Won't try anything fancy and give the ball away.

7 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I don't think we weren't clicking on the third. We've created some nice chances, we just weren't sharp, but after 20 or 30 minutes we were dominating, including in attack.

it's important to learn how to win different types of matches..even suffering..

it's the only way to gain the winning mentality..conte is the number one in this aspect..