Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

5 hours ago, Thor said:

One of the best CB's in the PL. 

People acting as if he is just above average simply because he went to a rival. He is a walk in for any team in the league. 

"One of" being the key words there. If he is worth £75m, what would the legit top defenders (which are still quite slim) be worth? 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Georgy said:

We are pathetic that's the truth. Excluding Van Dijk who is no way near worth 75 mil. A club with half our revenue spunks such money while our worries are to end on a plus each season, disgusting stuff.

We have a much better backline than Liverpool and in total it costed less than VVD alone. Wouldn't call that pathetic. What is pathetic though is you using one grossly inflated transfer to proclaim our beloved club to be pathetic the truth. Jog on to City forums, that's where you belong with such comments.

We cant deny the lads good and woulda made a good ballance for Dave but how much does it make Dave worth? I think we should give him a payrise and a bloody great big buy out clause. The same with Andreas cause these 2 lads are our future. With a upgrade for Cahill/Rudi we could have the best back 3 there is.

Defenders are naturally cheaper in the game. I’m happy we didn’t sign him. The young top talent at CB available at the moment is amazing, and honestly we have the best set of CBs in the league. Would’ve been a stupid buy. They could’ve bought two CBs for £40m and it would’ve been much better in the long term.  

2 hours ago, manpe said:

We have a much better backline than Liverpool and in total it costed less than VVD alone. Wouldn't call that pathetic. What is pathetic though is you using one grossly inflated transfer to proclaim our beloved club to be pathetic the truth. Jog on to City forums, that's where you belong with such comments.

Get some reading comprehension mate. My comment wasn't about them getting VVD but spunking such obscene amount of money when we have a much bigger revenue than them. 

26 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Get some reading comprehension mate. My comment wasn't about them getting VVD but spunking such obscene amount of money when we have a much bigger revenue than them. 

And this makes the club pathetic and disgusting, okay... :rolleyes: Should we really take Liverpool as an example in anything?

10 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Don't think its about them spunking money more like they realize what their weaknesses are and will do all they can to rectify it. OK he might be overpriced but he will make a change for the better in their team. They are building not just for now but seems like the future too.. We have some good youngish players and 5 30 or 29 but look at the ages of the Dippers team from Saturday. I'm not an ageist but I'd like a team full of good players growing together.

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

And this makes the club pathetic and disgusting, okay... Should we really take Liverpool as an example in anything?

To be honest, since this season? Yes. They’re showing more ambition than us. Managed to sign Ox ahead of us, secure one of the best CMs about in Keita, now just spunked £75m in VVD... they’re not that far behind anymore. 

12 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

To be honest, since this season? Yes. They’re showing more ambition than us. Managed to sign Ox ahead of us, secure one of the best CMs about in Keita, now just spunked £75m in VVD... they’re not that far behind anymore. 

Maybe you're right, but that Georgy guy only complains and goes over the top with his comments about the club.. remember summer? His posts stood out like a sore thumb with negativity. Now again, January is approaching he has raised his head again, all it took was one stupidly inflated transfer to be confirmed to call our club pathetic and disgusting without even knowing what we will do during January.

8 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Do think Keita is a good signing but jury is still out on the other two. It's one thing to spend big money and it's another to pay over the odds for players. Did they really even need to spend that 40m on AOC when they have more pressing concerns elsewhere? Before we start using Liverpool as an example, let's see if the money is offset by the sale of Coutinho to Barcelona. If it is, then this argument falls flat. If isn't, then fair enough.

Fantastic CB but wouldn't spend half that money on him.

Happy with our set of Centre-Backs and would rather improve the team in other areas. If the wing backs and attackers are upgraded, the defense will be much better.

I'm seriously not even bothered about them signing him. I would've been very annoyed if they had last summer before we knew how well Christensen would slot right in to the side and Rüdiger was yet to play for us. 

I mentioned yesterday that the only worrying/concerning thing about this deal is that even fucking Liverpool are prepared to step into the crazy new world of mega transfer fees. So that's now City, United, and Liverpool who are more than willing to go bananas whilst I just cannot imagine us spending this much on a player.

Whereas many of our big European rivals are going after proven, already established top class players we seem to constantly go for decent but not great players like Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, etc. I mean, can we really expect to compete with the other top clubs buying like this? City needed new fullbacks so what did they do? Went out and got probably the best LB for £50m and arguably last season's best RB in the PL for £50m. We dithered around for the entire summer and panic buy Zappacosta who no one had ever even heard of at the last minute.

So yeah, I'm pretty worried about our transfer approach going forward.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

As it stands, the only thing that sets us apart from Liverpool is our defensive prowess. Their current squad build is starting to annoy me.

Liverpool are no better than Spurs, and slightly behind Chelsea and Utd. This is how the league should be, better competition. I certainly wouldn't say their ambitions are better than ours because they signed Keita (still an unknown quantity) and VVD (decent defender). I wouldn't say there's much in it at the top, City have a game changer in KDB who is playing the best football of his life at the moment. Our squad is still bloody good, we just need to strengthen a couple weak areas and we will be even stronger and more effective. 

55 minutes ago, DDA said:

As it stands, the only thing that sets us apart from Liverpool is our defensive prowess. Their current squad build is starting to annoy me.

Now WE know how the rest of the PL felt in the early Roman days!!

And I really do think it will get worse before it gets better. We will penny pinch in the building days so will need a manager and scouts looking at bargain basement players or using the academy lads. I'm a bit nervous about it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You