Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

2 hours ago, manpe said:

And this makes the club pathetic and disgusting, okay... :rolleyes: Should we really take Liverpool as an example in anything?

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. It was self understanding the SITUATION is pathetic and disgusting not the club itself. Southhampton refused to sell Van Dijk to Liverpool in the summer and now they came back with another big offer to close the deal.

I know there is a cult on this forum to defend the club blindly even when the board is wrong but we lost Sandro and Danilo because we wasted time penny pinching. The fact a club like Liverpool who is well below us in revenue can give such an obscene amount of money for VVD makes me wonder how we can't give the same for Sandro an arguably world class player, for a position we desperately need. The nonsense like Juventus didn't want to sell needs to stop we all know if we acted faster before Bonucci left he would be here right now.

Liverpool from buying all the Lamberts and Lallanas of this world they actually learned from those mistakes and now are buying good. Meanwhile we're buying gross like Zappacosta, Bakayoko and Drinkwater, while carefully looking at that expenditure being on positive. We do the same mistakes over and over like a broken record.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Maybe you're right, but that Georgy guy only complains and goes over the top with his comments about the club.. remember summer? His posts stood out like a sore thumb with negativity. Now again, January is approaching he has raised his head again, all it took was one stupidly inflated transfer to be confirmed to call our club pathetic and disgusting without even knowing what we will do during January.

Yes pardon me for being so negative about our January transfer period it's not like that last 4 windows haven't been the same.

I read a few weeks ago how this forum is almost dead, well no wonder when internet netizens quote every single poster who says something bad about the club. Nonetheless you are the same person who quoted a lot of members on here in July when people were panicking about our transfers activity. What happened in the end we all know, we bought mostly shit and again on deadline. Reason why were even in a cloud of doubt right now regarding Conte, Hazard and Courtois, while seemingly losing ground against United/City/Liverpool each passing season apparently.

The support another club if you don't like the decisions of this one meme is frankly boring and makes no sense. If I were so desperate to glory hunt another team I certainly wouldn't be here in December when City is doing so good. So drop it, it's not the first time some of you make this remark and not the last time probably, it's guys like you who sway a lot of posters from this forum. Some people who share the same thoughts avoid posting here because of starting another tard war. 

Even before I made that post I knew someone would quote me and complain I'm insulting the club when it's the situation were in actually, even so I didn't care. Learn not to get triggered on each single post that doesn't view the club as the holy grail.

My remarks may come as harsh and nonsensical but I hardly see people complaining about them besides the same 3-4 individuals who think the club can do no wrong and always need to find a reason to defend the decisions.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. It was self understanding the SITUATION is pathetic and disgusting not the club itself. Southhampton refused to sell Van Dijk to Liverpool in the summer and now they came back with another big offer to close the deal.

Backtracking? It was not self-understanding, your exact words were "We are pathetic that's the truth". Nothing about the situation. If you knew how some would react even before you posted it pretty much shows you did it on purpose to get the reaction you were expecting, otherwise you would have worded it more accurately to reflect what you were saying in the above post. Then you go talking about the board and I can agree with the view that the board can make pathetic decisions. Will not quote the rest of your post because there are footballing parts I can agree with, and then the rest non-footballing related talk is just laughable, which I will not get into in this thread, as you said, to avoid a "tard war" that will not lead anywhere.

We really don't need him at the moment so I'm not bothered. Liverpool still need more pieces of the puzzle to be able to compete. They are getting there though.

Annoying that they already have their marquee signing in Jan since I know that we will take all of January to chase someone, not get him and then get some panic buy. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

Maybe you're right, but that Georgy guy only complains and goes over the top with his comments about the club.. remember summer? His posts stood out like a sore thumb with negativity. Now again, January is approaching he has raised his head again, all it took was one stupidly inflated transfer to be confirmed to call our club pathetic and disgusting without even knowing what we will do during January.

I agree with what you said on that for sure. Not defending anything Georgy is saying - your previous reply to him are my exact thoughts. 

It’s just that it’s worrying in a sense that other clubs are finally starting to catch up/overtake, as @Pizymentioned above. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Do think Keita is a good signing but jury is still out on the other two. It's one thing to spend big money and it's another to pay over the odds for players. Did they really even need to spend that 40m on AOC when they have more pressing concerns elsewhere? Before we start using Liverpool as an example, let's see if the money is offset by the sale of Coutinho to Barcelona. If it is, then this argument falls flat. If isn't, then fair enough.

My main point is that they’re showing far more ambition than us, when we started in a better position. I’m not saying the signings will be perfect for them or anything. 

3 hours ago, Georgy said:

Liverpool from buying all the Lamberts and Lallanas of this world they actually learned from those mistakes and now are buying good

Adam Lallana has been quality for Liverpool. Before his injury he was argubaly their best creative player. 

Do think Keita is a good signing but jury is still out on the other two. It's one thing to spend big money and it's another to pay over the odds for players. Did they really even need to spend that 40m on AOC when they have more pressing concerns elsewhere? Before we start using Liverpool as an example, let's see if the money is offset by the sale of Coutinho to Barcelona. If it is, then this argument falls flat. If isn't, then fair enough.
Coutinho will definitely be off in the summer

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

My main point is that they’re showing far more ambition than us, when we started in a better position. I’m not saying the signings will be perfect for them or anything. 

Think we all can agree that the club have lacked ambition for some time. So, I'm not sure why people feel the need to use the Van Dijk move to beat the drum about it again and my point is what's the point of saying Liverpool, apparently, showing ambition if they bolster their squad with a defender but let go one of their key players? What's the point if the purchase money is offset by the sale money? It would be like us operating with a '1 IN, 1 OUT' policy. Would be more concerned if they started splashing out the cash to improve the squad without having to sell important players to fund the purchase.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think we all can agree that the club have lacked ambition for some time. So, I'm not sure why people feel the need to use the Van Dijk move to beat the drum about it again and my point is what's the point of saying Liverpool, apparently, showing ambition if they bolster their squad with a defender but let go one of their key players? What's the point if the purchase money is offset by the sale money? It would be like us operating with a '1 IN, 1 OUT' policy. Would be more concerned if they started splashing out the cash to improve the squad without having to sell important players to fund the purchase.

Aren't Barca now after Griezmann? I don't think they will buy Griezmann and Coutinho both... I may be wrong tho.

Just now, El P. said:

Aren't Barca now after Griezmann? I don't think they will buy Griezmann and Coutinho both... I may be wrong tho.

Think that's still up in the air and Barcelona may want Coutinho to replace Iniesta in the midfield role.

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Backtracking? It was not self-understanding, your exact words were "We are pathetic that's the truth". Nothing about the situation. If you knew how some would react even before you posted it pretty much shows you did it on purpose to get the reaction you were expecting, otherwise you would have worded it more accurately to reflect what you were saying in the above post. Then you go talking about the board and I can agree with the view that the board can make pathetic decisions. Will not quote the rest of your post because there are footballing parts I can agree with, and then the rest non-footballing related talk is just laughable, which I will not get into in this thread, as you said, to avoid a "tard war" that will not lead anywhere.

Looking back at my comment it might sound that way but it really isn't. Problem with me is, when I see a thread that catches my attention it immediately give me emotions either excitement or bitterness and I rush to respond without wording it properly, sorry for that. 

Really, if I wanted to say the club I'd just say "The/This club is pathetic" my wording as "we" was directed to the people who are in charge of transfers, the situation that is today. Makes no sense for me to insult the club since it has no fault but the people who run it from the inside.

Mostly I'm bitter because I know for sure Sandro would be here if we upped our offer the same as Liverpool did with VVD.

Now as you know it's least likely I'll lose these flaws of mine overnight so it's better to either use the ignore button or ignore it yourself. There are more users here who didn't like that comment I made but a lot of them decide to ignore. I have my own comments I'd wish to respond but sometimes I go against it because I'm tired of entering pointless tard wars which drain me physically. Cheers mate :drunk:

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Adam Lallana has been quality for Liverpool. Before his injury he was argubaly their best creative player. 

I haven't seen much of him but I remember in the first year he signed he was poor and even Liverpool fans wanted him to be sold must've improved under Klopp I guess.

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think that's still up in the air and Barcelona may want Coutinho to replace Iniesta in the midfield role.

From where exactly do they have the money for all this. Most of the Neymar fee was spent on Dembele and Messi's new contract and from what I heard they are already tight in money because of so many huge contracts.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Even if Coutinho goes - they’ve got Keita coming in and have shown interest in guys like Goretzka for example. At least they’re looking to replace with quality whilst also improving their squad in general. I don’t think the Van Dijk signing is great as I mentioned earlier but at least they’re showing that they’re willing to plug the right holes in their team with good talent. They’re also apparently close to signing that Swiss international Akanji - so that’s two big holes in their squad that they’ve addressed.

Coutinho leaving Liverpool would affect them far less than let’s say Hazard leaving us. Coutinho is arguably not even their most important player anyway (Salah, Mané). 

They’re improving either way (even if Coutinho leaves - not sure why people are treating this as a fact) whilst our squad is arguably worse than last season’s. Liverpool’s squad certainly ain’t. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Even if Coutinho goes - they’ve got Keita coming in and have shown interest in guys like Goretzka for example. At least they’re looking to replace with quality whilst also improving their squad in general. I don’t think the Van Dijk signing is great as I mentioned earlier but at least they’re showing that they’re willing to plug the right holes in their team with good talent. They’re also apparently close to signing that Swiss international Akanji - so that’s two big holes in their squad that they’ve addressed.

Coutinho leaving Liverpool would affect them far less than let’s say Hazard leaving us. Coutinho is arguably not even their most important player anyway (Salah, Mané). 

The concern is there and it's a great one but really not sure we need to beat the drums about it. Let's see how we fare in the upcoming transfer windows.

43 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Looking back at my comment it might sound that way but it really isn't. Problem with me is, when I see a thread that catches my attention it immediately give me emotions either excitement or bitterness and I rush to respond without wording it properly, sorry for that. 

Really, if I wanted to say the club I'd just say "The/This club is pathetic" my wording as "we" was directed to the people who are in charge of transfers, the situation that is today. Makes no sense for me to insult the club since it has no fault but the people who run it from the inside.

Mostly I'm bitter because I know for sure Sandro would be here if we upped our offer the same as Liverpool did with VVD.

Now as you know it's least likely I'll lose these flaws of mine overnight so it's better to either use the ignore button or ignore it yourself. There are more users here who didn't like that comment I made but a lot of them decide to ignore. I have my own comments I'd wish to respond but sometimes I go against it because I'm tired of entering pointless tard wars which drain me physically. Cheers mate :drunk:

Fair enough.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You