Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2
Followers 3

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2017/06/24/36579992/ake-could-make-way-for-van-dijk-at-chelsea

Article is from Nizaar Kinsella who's a Chelsea correspondent for Goal. He gives very little updates but is generally well informed about Chelsea. He says that the deal is far from being done. I'm inclined to believe him because I don't think negotitations with Southampton are going to be easy following their statement about Liverpool.

3 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2017/06/24/36579992/ake-could-make-way-for-van-dijk-at-chelsea

Article is from Nizaar Kinsella who's a Chelsea correspondent for Goal. He gives very little updates but is generally well informed about Chelsea. He says that the deal is far from being done. I'm inclined to believe him because I don't think negotitations with Southampton are going to be easy following after their statement about Liverpool.

Goal is not a good source 

Just now, Dimitr said:

Goal is not a good source 

I know. but that guy is generally reliable when it comes to Chelsea. Di Marzio only reported that we bid for him anyway not that it was done. Southampton being interested in Ake is not new either.

1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

DiMarzio hasn't been too accurate himself. Said Tolisso to Chelsea was really close.

At one point VVD signing with Liverpool and City looked like a certainty. Now with Chelsea.

Yeah I would be very weary of the accuracy.

Nizaar Kinsella is in no way reliable. At all.

If you want a laugh, twitter search 'van dijk chelsea'  and read some of the panic and meltdown of the scousers.  It's hilarious

The ones like 'chelsea bidding is good, we match it, they cant sign him because he wants us'.    

They forgetting the public statement that any interest is over????

5 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

DiMarzio hasn't been too accurate himself. Said Tolisso to Chelsea was really close.

That's not true. Di Marzio never said that Chelsea were close to Tolisso.

Liverpool fans already branding VVD as a snake for choosing Chelsea.

Deluded bunch. Klopp and Liverpool probably contacted him about a move to 'Pool and he might've said yes because from Southampton to Liverpool is a step forward. He's a pro. If Chelsea come knocking and pay Soton and Van Dijk he's off to us.

Still do not see it happening. Southampton want to quit being a feeder team. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Liverpool fans already branding VVD as a snake for choosing Chelsea.

Deluded bunch. Klopp and Liverpool probably contacted him about a move to 'Pool and he might've said yes because from Southampton to Liverpool is a step forward. He's a pro. If Chelsea come knocking and pay Soton and Van Dijk he's off to us.

but for the right price....

45 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Of course they do but it's not that simple. Van Dijk is a top player, he wants to play for a top club and earn good money. Southampton can't keep him forever.

I don't think Di Marzio has become unreliable but him and the journalists/columnists that work with him are speeding up things and misleading people. For instance, they reported that we bid for Van Dijk and use "Van Dijk is closer to Chelsea" as a title for the article. Yet there was no mention of an agreement and nothing to suggest a deal was close. Obviously they're trying to attract more readers as do all journalists and people jump too quick to conclusions.

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

I don't think Di Marzio has become unreliable but him and the journalists/columnists that work with him are speeding up things and misleading people. For instance, they reported that we bid for Van Dijk and use "Van Dijk is closer to Chelsea" as a title for the article. Yet there was no mention of an agreement and nothing to suggest a deal was close. Obviously they're trying to attract more readers as do all journalists and people jump too quick to conclusions.

True. Sometimes it's not even Di Marzio who mislead the people, but their misinterpretation.  Di Marzio may just report early stages of deals, say "Club A have contacted Club B for a player C" and people are going like "OMG, it's happening, Di Marzio said that!", while in fact he only reported contacts. And then they blame him if deal doesn't go through and call him unreliable. He's still the best in the business.

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic