Virgil Van Dijk

dkim2

3 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2017/06/24/36579992/ake-could-make-way-for-van-dijk-at-chelsea

Article is from Nizaar Kinsella who's a Chelsea correspondent for Goal. He gives very little updates but is generally well informed about Chelsea. He says that the deal is far from being done. I'm inclined to believe him because I don't think negotitations with Southampton are going to be easy following after their statement about Liverpool.

Goal is not a good source 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dimitr said:

Goal is not a good source 

I know. but that guy is generally reliable when it comes to Chelsea. Di Marzio only reported that we bid for him anyway not that it was done. Southampton being interested in Ake is not new either.

10 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I know. but that guy is generally reliable when it comes to Chelsea. Di Marzio only reported that we bid for him anyway not that it was done. Southampton being interested in Ake is not new either.

We will see . 

1 hour ago, AK-3001 said:

DiMarzio hasn't been too accurate himself. Said Tolisso to Chelsea was really close.

At one point VVD signing with Liverpool and City looked like a certainty. Now with Chelsea.

Yeah I would be very weary of the accuracy.

Nizaar Kinsella is in no way reliable. At all.

If you want a laugh, twitter search 'van dijk chelsea'  and read some of the panic and meltdown of the scousers.  It's hilarious

The ones like 'chelsea bidding is good, we match it, they cant sign him because he wants us'.    

They forgetting the public statement that any interest is over????

5 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

DiMarzio hasn't been too accurate himself. Said Tolisso to Chelsea was really close.

That's not true. Di Marzio never said that Chelsea were close to Tolisso.

Liverpool fans already branding VVD as a snake for choosing Chelsea.

Deluded bunch. Klopp and Liverpool probably contacted him about a move to 'Pool and he might've said yes because from Southampton to Liverpool is a step forward. He's a pro. If Chelsea come knocking and pay Soton and Van Dijk he's off to us.

Still do not see it happening. Southampton want to quit being a feeder team. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Liverpool fans already branding VVD as a snake for choosing Chelsea.

Deluded bunch. Klopp and Liverpool probably contacted him about a move to 'Pool and he might've said yes because from Southampton to Liverpool is a step forward. He's a pro. If Chelsea come knocking and pay Soton and Van Dijk he's off to us.

but for the right price....

45 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Of course they do but it's not that simple. Van Dijk is a top player, he wants to play for a top club and earn good money. Southampton can't keep him forever.

I don't think Di Marzio has become unreliable but him and the journalists/columnists that work with him are speeding up things and misleading people. For instance, they reported that we bid for Van Dijk and use "Van Dijk is closer to Chelsea" as a title for the article. Yet there was no mention of an agreement and nothing to suggest a deal was close. Obviously they're trying to attract more readers as do all journalists and people jump too quick to conclusions.

1 hour ago, Rapkun said:

I don't think Di Marzio has become unreliable but him and the journalists/columnists that work with him are speeding up things and misleading people. For instance, they reported that we bid for Van Dijk and use "Van Dijk is closer to Chelsea" as a title for the article. Yet there was no mention of an agreement and nothing to suggest a deal was close. Obviously they're trying to attract more readers as do all journalists and people jump too quick to conclusions.

True. Sometimes it's not even Di Marzio who mislead the people, but their misinterpretation.  Di Marzio may just report early stages of deals, say "Club A have contacted Club B for a player C" and people are going like "OMG, it's happening, Di Marzio said that!", while in fact he only reported contacts. And then they blame him if deal doesn't go through and call him unreliable. He's still the best in the business.

If we get new CB, then either we will play with 4 defenders or Azpi is moving to WB role. I just cant see why would Conte buy new LB and at same time think Moses is good enough. Unless we are doing something the media doesnt know.

I just wonder if Azpi can play that WB role. He is not as fast or realy technical. He is perfect for 3 man defence tho and good enough to be FB, but he will need to improve in attack because if not, our left side will be much stronger and every opposition will throw more defenders to focus on Eden and Sandro (hopefuly), since Azpi and Pedro? wont be as deadly.

Getting Eden a proper FB partner seems to be completed soon, but we will need quality players elsewhere because we are too dependant on Eden (and Costa when he was on form, but he is leaving) and they can just mark him out.

56 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If we get new CB, then either we will play with 4 defenders or Azpi is moving to WB role. I just cant see why would Conte buy new LB and at same time think Moses is good enough. Unless we are doing something the media doesnt know.

I just wonder if Azpi can play that WB role. He is not as fast or realy technical. He is perfect for 3 man defence tho and good enough to be FB, but he will need to improve in attack because if not, our left side will be much stronger and every opposition will throw more defenders to focus on Eden and Sandro (hopefuly), since Azpi and Pedro? wont be as deadly.

Getting Eden a proper FB partner seems to be completed soon, but we will need quality players elsewhere because we are too dependant on Eden (and Costa when he was on form, but he is leaving) and they can just mark him out.

I wonder where this myth comes from that Azpi isn't good offensively? Yes, he isn't an aggressive attacker, but he is smart and most of the times makes the right decisions, even if it's something simple. He isn't penetrative, but he's effective for the team in possession. Moses on the other hand is aggressive and fast, but pretty dumb. It gives us balance on the two flanks. I would rather play Azpi at RWB over Moses anyway, but we had no other choice in central defence. With Christensen returning and Van Dijk reportedly coming in, we will now have that choice and Moses will have rightfully earned himself a place as a squad player in a Champions League level team, something I'm sure he would be happy with. I was under no illusions that Moses would stay a starter for a team that wants to challenge beyond domestic glory, and Azpi is just too good to be dropped for anyone. Also, if we want to eliminate our weakness from crosses, then Azpi can't stay a CB imo.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You