Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

20 minutes ago, DYC. said:

When did Conte become a fan?

When he puts Oscar in and benches Fabregas. Conte tried to fit Oscar in both 4-2-4 and 4-3-3.

Conte said: “Oscar is an important player and the season when Chelsea won the title he was fantastic.

“Last season was bad for all the players – not just for Oscar. He is a good player with a great talent but he can improve a lot.

Looks like Oscar is given another year. Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Let's see if he deserves this shot or Conte will get rid of him.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

When he puts Oscar in and benches Fabregas. Conte tried to fit Oscar in both 4-2-4 and 4-3-3.

Conte said: “Oscar is an important player and the season when Chelsea won the title he was fantastic.

“Last season was bad for all the players – not just for Oscar. He is a good player with a great talent but he can improve a lot.

Looks like Oscar is given another year. Otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Let's see if he deserves this shot or Conte will get rid of him.

I love how managers love Oscar. I kind of understand it (understood it more in the past but the level of his performances have regressed since 2015 for me) but it must eat at many fans haha.

The ultimate example of a manager's player. Whatever that means.

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I love how managers love Oscar. I kind of understand it (understood it more in the past as I've felt the level of his performances have regressed since 2015) but it must eat at many fans haha.

The ultimate example of a manager's player. Whatever that means.

Yeah, it can't be coincidence. Even after all this banter from fans, all this slagging off, Oscar must be very talented player to command such opinions from various managers.

However if Oscar really fails this time, Conte will bin him in no time.

Admittedly, I still fight with the thoughts that he can be our Modric even though I know it's no 2012 anymore. Can't help that. This certainly is THE TIME.

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Yeah, it can't be coincidence. Even after all this banter from fans, all this slagging off, Oscar must be very talented player to command such opinions from various managers.

However if Oscar really fails this time, Conte will bin him in no time.

Admittedly, I still fight with the thoughts that he can be our Modric even though I know it's no 2012 anymore. Can't help that. This certainly is THE TIME.

Our Modric? Never. More like a lesser version of Barca Rakitic if he's lucky.

How wrong I was on him it seems. Thought he'd become class. That goal vs Juve will forever remain one of the very best goals I've seen. It was mind-blowing. At least I'm in the company of Mourinho and Conte haha.

Oscar was beyond garbage in the Madrid friendly yet. He looked out of depth against a largely reserve Madrid team yet this is a first team player here. Just goes to show the difference in levels between the two clubs.

ivanovic    cahill   terry    azpi

kantè   fabregas   matic

willian  costa hazard

Somewhat relaxed and quietly confident right now due to attacking players showing promise in preseason that they're back to their best. I'm sure as Monday afternoon comes closer I'll start getting more nervous.

Already having nightmares about Payet ghosting past Matic or Cesc depending on which of them starts or passing clean through our entire team. Or Andy Carroll bullying both JT and Cahill. Or just about anyone running at Ivanovic.

23 hours ago, Pizy said:

Somewhat relaxed and quietly confident right now due to attacking players showing promise in preseason that they're back to their best. I'm sure as Monday afternoon comes closer I'll start getting more nervous.

Already having nightmares about Payet ghosting past Matic or Cesc depending on which of them starts or passing clean through our entire team. Or Andy Carroll bullying both JT and Cahill. Or just about anyone running at Ivanovic.

Watching how Leicester's defense crumbled so far this season leaves me hoping Kante will have even our back four looking somewhat solid, that's if the worse happens and were stuck with them for the season which I don't think will be the case.

As poor as our defense is, no way are they worse than Simpson and Morgan, who despite last season are Championship player's.

Watching how Leicester's defense crumbled so far this season leaves me hoping Kante will have even our back four looking somewhat solid, that's if the worse happens and were stuck with them for the season which I don't think will be the case.

As poor as our defense is, no way are they worse than Simpson and Morgan, who despite last season are Championship player's.

I fear Ivan and Cahill will give you a surprise.

Just now, Ryan Fong said:

I fear Ivan and Cahill will give you a surprise.

As much as I would celebrate with the rest of you when their days of starting are over, our defensive problems last season ran a lot deeper than those two.

As much as I would celebrate with the rest of you when their days of starting are over, our defensive problems last season ran a lot deeper than those two.

I know, just you gave us Simpson and Morgan so I gave you two for a challenge as well lol. Jokes aside I hope my two candidates lose, for being worse.

The front VI I want to see:                  

Willian   Kantè   Matic   Pedro                                           

Hazard

Costa

The front VI that will start:                  

Kantè  Oscar  Matic 

Willian    Costa     Hazard

The back four pretty much is what it is till (if?) we buy a new centre-half and fullback.    I believe the 1st front VI is stronger than the 2nd one. But hey, that's just my opinion.