Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Until Zouma is back I'd think it wise to reduce our exposure and not play Fabregas right now. Conte please, please just play Aina. It will be a good experience for him.

Courtois

Aina    Cahill    Terry    Dave

Willian  Kante  Chalobah  Hazard

Costa  Batman

Well I'm buzzin for this one. We need to go out like we mean to carry on. I do like that one Curly (with the enfoced defence) but I also want to see a N'Golo-Cescy-Chalobah too. Give Cescy the time and space he needs behind those 2.

I'd also like Square in for Willian too. Hes come back like a new player and loves running at defenders and getting behind them.

But this is Wet Spam FFS.

We're Chelsea and We're having a laugh!

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Well I'm buzzin for this one. We need to go out like we mean to carry on. I do like that one Curly (with the enfoced defence) but I also want to see a N'Golo-Cescy-Chalobah too. Give Cescy the time and space he needs behind those 2.

I'd also like Square in for Willian too. Hes come back like a new player and loves running at defenders and getting behind them.

But this is Wet Spam FFS.

We're Chelsea and We're having a laugh!)

Yep. I'm down there on Monday! I want to see Cesc, but it would be definitely prudent to not play him until we've got our first choice CB back. Against Watford, on the other hand... ;)

15 minutes ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Yep. I'm down there on Monday! I want to see Cesc, but it would be definitely prudent to not play him until we've got our first choice CB back. Against Watford, on the other hand... ;)

I aint seen no guestimate of when hes likely to be fit. I see him walking back from training in a vid limping. But he might have had his swag on.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing them cry when we bless their new ground for them. It neeeds painting blue.

But the lads are all looking really happy and relaxed. And the fittest Ive seen Eden since he joined.. These 3 are going to be great together. Just need a partner for Happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3733224/Chelsea-new-boys-Michy-Batshuayi-N-Golo-Kante-bow-open-training-session.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The two new signings share a joke with Blues defender Kurt Zouma (right)

Very exciting game in terms of openers.

Two London clubs with points to prove, both of which have spent and invested wisely within their players - I do think West Ham may struggle to gain their momentum which was built last term but I am more interested to see Chelsea forge a strong defence. I watched the game between you and Spurs, the one which clinched the league title for Leicester City and I felt that your defence just added too many problems.

Under Conte this shouldn't be the same case, as people wrote off Italy in the Euro's for having a weak side and I feel this can be applied to Chelsea in the Premier League.

The media seem to forgetting that you have made some cracking signings and the focus as per usual seems to be on both Manchester Clubs. Chelsea will be fighting between Arsenal and Tottenham in my opinion.

Good luck with this season lads!

50 minutes ago, FootballManics said:

Very exciting game in terms of openers.

Two London clubs with points to prove, both of which have spent and invested wisely within their players - I do think West Ham may struggle to gain their momentum which was built last term but I am more interested to see Chelsea forge a strong defence. I watched the game between you and Spurs, the one which clinched the league title for Leicester City and I felt that your defence just added too many problems.

Under Conte this shouldn't be the same case, as people wrote off Italy in the Euro's for having a weak side and I feel this can be applied to Chelsea in the Premier League.

The media seem to forgetting that you have made some cracking signings and the focus as per usual seems to be on both Manchester Clubs. Chelsea will be fighting between Arsenal and Tottenham in my opinion.

Good luck with this season lads!

It cracks me up that anyone apart from Chelsea supporters give our defence any praise at all. Theres us wanting them as far away as possible from the pitch and then a sensible sounding person doesn't think in the same vein.

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Half excited, half not. I'm still very worried about our defense that did F all last season. Still keeping the combination of JT, Cahill and Ivanovic is laughable. I don't see us chasing the title to the very end with that horrid defense. Conte, I trusted you.

Seriously? I hope you're joking. Do you seriously believe an Italian manager, whose previous defence comprised the likes of Bonucci, Chiellini and Barzagli can't see Chelsea's defence is a utter joke?
No doubt, as soon as results start going the wrong way, the all-knowing crowd will, once again, blame the manager for being set up to fail.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm not joking. Dead serious. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Ivanovic is a huge liability. Yet he will be our starting XI next season.

And unless you made a typo on what you said, you basically agreed with me that Chelsea's defence is an utter joke.

This forum is gonna send me insane. :lol: Obviously Ivanovic is shite and the defence is an utter joke.
But are you seriously blaming Conte for it?

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

I want Chelsea to be fearful again, and having a weak back four will not accomplish this. Maybe it's not Conte's fault that we still have a shite defence but you can't tell me we don't have anyone better than Ivanovic...

I definitely think it's not Conte's "fault" it's beyond me how can anyone think that, borderline ridiculous. Nor any other manager we previously had.

We were never going to be rid of Ivanovic this season. The best we can hope for is that he's benched for the majority of the time. The board and Roman love him and were never going to sell him after extending his contract.

There's still time to sign who we need but I'm running out of faith we will.

I'd keep Bane on the bench and just use him if we get a corner in the final minutes and we are behind or drawing. Let his rubber neck rwang his head in the way of the ball and win the match. Otherwise Id keep sticking speed into his water bottle.

We all know the only reason Mou played him was cause he gave good BJs

1121_zpsrbsowmso.gif

Throw Aina in, just do it. I'm telling you now he cannot be any worse than Ivanovic. If the kid makes a mistake then we say we have tried and it will be a learning curve, but we don't give up on him. Look at the amount of mistakes Brana made last season, it's time to grow some balls and allow this kid his chance.

42 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I definitely think it's not Conte's "fault" it's beyond me how can anyone think that, borderline ridiculous. Nor any other manager we previously had.

37 minutes ago, Mana said:

...okay, then whose fault is it? The board? Yes, it's their fault for extending his contract but do they have the final say on the starting XI telling Conte (or any other manager we previously had), Ivanovic MUST play if fit?

Bench the guy.

Conte is ofcourse not at fault here. The man's been here for 3 weeks. Can't expect him to fix all the problems the last manager caused.

He has already instilled a number of attacking patterns into our game, something that Mourinho couldn't accomplish in 2 and a half years.

Mourinho is directly to blame for the shitty defence we have today. He chose to go with this back four.

He had David Luiz yet chose Cahill and an aging Terry over him. He had Filipe Luis yet chose to keep playing Azpi out of position and Ivanovic at right back.

It's just typical Mourinho.  Short term over long term and it ended up biting us in the ass.

Now we're in this mess and Conte and the board are expected  to change a team, that was taught and designed to park the bus the moment we faced a side that could string three passes together, in 3 weeks and 1 fucking transfer window.