Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

Both Creswell and Lanzini are out for sure, right? That's two of their best and most important players. Ayew can't possibly be fully settled and gelled with his teammates. Payet is said to be not fully recovered yet.

At home, opening day, everyone at 100%, and with all the energy and excitement there's really no excuse not to get the 3 points today. It would be great to get one of the tougher fixtures out of the way this early rather than later in the season when they'd be more settled.

Again, I'm confident in our attack, shitting it about our defense.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.premierleague.com/match/14043

Chelsea v West Ham United preview

Dimitri Payet (fitness) is unlikley to start for West Ham but could be a substitute.

Andre Ayew is fit enough to make his debut, if selected.

Manuel Lanzini, Aaron Cresswell and Gokhan Tore (all knee) will be missing.

Kurt Zouma (knee) is out for Chelsea, while Jon Obi Mikel is at the Olympics.

Did you know?

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League meetings with West Ham United at Stamford Bridge (W7 D3)

and have not lost at home to them in the league since a 3-2 defeat in September 2002.

West Ham were unbeaten against Chelsea in the league last season (W1 D1); the first time that they have achieved this since 2002/03.

Chelsea have won more points than any other Premier League side on the opening weekend of action (51 points).

Diego Costa has scored five goals in seven league appearances for Chelsea in August.

What the managers say

Chelsea's Antonio Conte: "Expectations for every team are very high.

After a bad season like last year we are working very hard to be ready to start.

We know this season will be very tough for every team in every game."

(See Conte: We are ready)

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic: "We have a good squad – we’ve kept most of the players and we’ve added some players too.

We are expecting them to improve us – we’d expect that even without them because we have been together for a year now and had a good last season."

(See: Slaven Speaks - Chelsea)

http://www.skysports.com/football/chelsea-vs-west-ham/356338

Chelsea v West Ham

Premier League | Monday 15th August 2016 | 20:00 Sky Sports 1 HD

• Watch on TV: Sky Sports 1 HD
  • Watch on TV
  • Live betting will be available
  • Live betting will be available

https://www.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/19406321

Full Time Result

Home Win Draw Away Win
Chelsea 4/7 Draw 3/1 West Ham 11/2

5 hours ago, skottytee said:

Watching Arsenal fall apart was beautiful, but watching the scousers destroy them was a little worrying. Hate to say it but I think they will be up there. Their array of young attacking midfielders is impressive. They just need to grow a back bone and not fall apart against the lesser sides. Totally agree about Mane, looks some player

Liverpool were great for 20 minutes but abysmal for the rest of it, against Koscielny and Mustafi (assuming he signs for them) that would have been a comfortable 3-1 for Arsenal.

They remind me of our teams in the few years pre Roman, on a good day can rip even the best to pieces, but are just far to inconsistent, like our team then they could become a great cup team, but the league isn't happening for them.

A little less than 4 hours to go and I'm already very excited for the match. 

I feel we'll start with a solid victory. Leicester showed that Kante is going to really become a wall in the midfield, so our defence shouldn't be as bad as it was. I hope conte goes with Aina and Dave as FB.

I know Eden will score, I just know it!

COME ON BLUES!

4 hours ago, skottytee said:

the scousers actually played quite consistently well for the last ten games or so of last season

Their results suggest otherwise...

1ewbqc.png

4 hours ago, skottytee said:

Commentator said they scored more PL goals than any team in 2016, and they have just got rid of Skrtel and Kolo, so it just remains to be seen what their two new CBs are like

Big deal if they've scored more goals than anyone else when they can't keep clean sheets. Liverpool geting Skrtel and Toure and it hardly makes a difference when their replacements aren't any better and it's not like Klopp is good at organizing his team defensively. His Dortmund team were good to watch, for instance, but can be prone to conceding stupid goals along the way.