João Mário

Good squad guy but I don't see him in my team week in week out. He doesn't have one particular thing he does at an elite level. Ball retention in the midfield will be key and in that respect he'd be better than Miereles and Ramires ever were

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiago

26 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Good squad guy but I don't see him in my team week in week out. He doesn't have one particular thing he does at an elite level. Ball retention in the midfield will be key and in that respect he'd be better than Miereles and Ramires ever were

Is he like Tiago who use to play for us?? Tiago was a  very useful squad player when he was here I miss the days are squad was the strongest in the league :(

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Tiago

Is he like Tiago who use to play for us?? Tiago was a  very useful squad player when he was here I miss the days are squad was the strongest in the league :(

Good shout!

Though I don't remember Tiago costing €60m. 

Put it his way, if he is going to be used how Oscar is being used. . . . . DAMN!

He would be so effective as the more forward thinking of a midfield 2. Him and Kante running the middle with Hazard and Willian running the wings :wub:

If we get this guy or Gomes in the middle i think we will be the best to watch next season, no matter where we finish. Thats even if Pogba and Sane still come.

Apparently he was left off the Sporting Lisbon squad presentation - whatever that is. It is a possible sign he's leaving, but going where is anyone's guess. Could it be to us? It would be a good signing imo, and would sure up central midfield so we can concentrate on defence and maybe one more striker. 

If we're going for a Portuguese man I hope we go for Ruben Neves. I am tired of buying players who are clearly not at a top level. We have enough of them already in our squad.

31 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Apparently he was left off the Sporting Lisbon squad presentation - whatever that is. It is a possible sign he's leaving, but going where is anyone's guess. Could it be to us? It would be a good signing imo, and would sure up central midfield so we can concentrate on defence and maybe one more striker. 

It's us.

2 hours ago, nono said:

If we're going for a Portuguese man I hope we go for Ruben Neves. I am tired of buying players who are clearly not at a top level. We have enough of them already in our squad.

Amen. 

Ruben Neves will be a star. Think another couple seasons at Porto would do him well, to establish exactly what type of midfielder he wants to be. But I hope we're all over him when that time comes for him to leave. 

7 hours ago, nono said:

The obsession with 'top level' on this forum is getting ridiculous, unless it's a world class or borderline/potential world class player linked people lose their shit, sometimes I do genuinely wonder if theres members of the Real Madrid board room on here.

Conte is a manager known for making a team bigger than the sum of its parts, if he thinks Joao is the right man to partner Kante in the centre that's good enough for me. Pep has signed Nolito and Gundogan, not world class signing by any stretch of the imagination but I bet they will improve City.

What needs to he done this summer first and foremost is to build a solid unit again, i still get nightmares on how easy it was for City to counter us back in April.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The obsession with 'top level' on this forum is getting ridiculous, unless it's a world class or borderline/potential world class player linked people lose their shit, sometimes I do genuinely wonder if theirs members of the Real Madrid board room on here.

Conte is a manager known for making a team bigger than the sum of its parts, if he thinks Joao is the right man to partner Kante in the centre that's good enough for me. Pep has signed Nolito and Gundogan, not world class signing by any stretch of the imagination but I bet they will improve City.

What needs to he done this summer first and foremost is to build a solid unit again, i still get nightmares on how easy it was for City to counter us back in April.

Gundogan not a world class by any stretch? holly shit. He's about top 5 in his position when he's fit. And who knows he'll might put the injury days behind him at city.

6 minutes ago, nadavTKL said:

Gundogan not a world class by any stretch? holly shit. He's about top 5 in his position when he's fit. And who knows he'll might put the injury days behind him at city.

He looks a shadow of his pre injury self, theirs a reason he was gettable for a relitevely cheap price.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

The obsession with 'top level' on this forum is getting ridiculous, unless it's a world class or borderline/potential world class player linked people lose their shit, sometimes I do genuinely wonder if theirs members of the Real Madrid board room on here.

I think you're right mate and I hold my hands up to thinking I would much rather have a complete, top of their position player than someone that is either young,old or never heard of.

I think why it is is because altho you got Leicester last year making it look easy and having a relatively unknown lot but come together with a real sense of teamwork or you get Italy, a group of players missing alot of their 1st team but all have a strong sense of self belief. These are rare occurences. Yes I would much rather have the lads plating together as a unit rather than a bunch of talented individuals and I must remember it more often

But I do still think it better to have a player with the skill level we need to start out with. Whether hes a £100mill or £100k

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You