João Mário

22 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Agree it may be fabricated, BUt in Portugal's side and in Sporting's he was mainly a B2B. Was very dynamic and good on the ball. I think our idea is to play him there.

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes, he's a B2B, he even started the season there. Only moved to the right flank when William came back from his injury and Carrillo went out of the team. It worked brilliantly at Sporting but it didn't work in the NT, the dynamics were very different.

It's not a coincidence that his best stretches in the Euro were when he played more central instead of being isolated on the wing.

He's one of the few players in the portuguese league that seems to be regarded as a top top player by nearly all the fans of the "big 3", and god knows how hard it is for a player to be consensual between all three sets of fans.

He works really hard for the team, great technique, extremely intellegent, good dribbler, more than enough pace, great passer... He'd fit in perfectly!

As for weaknesses, I'd say that finishing and at times being a little shy at times are his Achilles heels. Don't think he'll ever be a good finisher, but a few screams from Conte would make him stop being shy in a hurry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take you're guys' word for it. To be honest, though, if we're after a midfielder from the Portuguese side it would be Gomes. He just seems more suited to the PL and to our needs. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take you're guys' word for it. To be honest, though, if we're after a midfielder from the Portuguese side it would be Gomes. He just seems more suited to the PL and to our needs. 

Gomes atm needs to go to a better team (needs a better coach). He needs to develop himself tactically and hone his decision making by a fair margin (a bit like Renato, but the latter is only 18 and physically a monster). IMO João is the better pick between both, although I may be biased since he's my favourite player lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Well, I guess I was wrong about this not being true. As of right now the offer stands at 45M euros and a player (don't know who).

I blame Benfica for that price tag. It's just a pissing contest between CP and Benfica on whose darling midfielder can be sold for the most.

I hope you had fun the other day, btw. :cig:

7 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

He's no Nainggolan, but he can definitely grow as a b2b. Besides I don't think we can do better right now.

Clips dont do it justice imo, this guy can really become a big player, and he's already really good. He has outstanding technical qualities and is an absolute workhorse at the same time. He's only 23. Sign him up. 

3 hours ago, The Chels said:

Anybody know about the reliability of Diaro de Noticias?

usually reliable, i only hope the deal materializes, great player with a lot of room for improvement, just what we need. Cheers

2 players from Portugal that i wanted to see at Chelsea were Renato Sanches and Joao Mario at the end of last season, but Bayern beat everyone to Renato before  Euro 2016, now his value has risen after his campaign, great piece of business by the germans i must say, shame we didn´t go for him, but we can´t have it all, so that only leaves us with Joao Mario, so we need to get him at all costs, we won´t regret it, i assure you. Cheers mates ;) 

18 hours ago, chef said:

What type of player is he?

basically what Spike said, he´s very fast, tricky, makes a lot of good passes and crosses, can play box to box, pressures the opposition players a lot when they have the ball, likes to dribble past players, he needs to work a lot on his finishing tough, last season he had 9 goals and 14 assists for Sporting and almost won the league.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You