João Mário

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felipe? Havent followed Lazio, but wasn't he poor last season?

He wasn't that good last season, but a lot went on at Lazio last season. The previous year showed he has quality and could be a good addition to our squad instead of Oscar, Pedro, etc.

45 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Any chance we will give RLC a chance? 

He needs to vastly improve his off the ball work to stand a chance under Conte, fans may accept his lame 'attempt' to close down Danny Drinkwater because he's a homegrown youth player but you can be assured Antonio won't be having it.

This is make or break season for Ruben, if he embraces Conte's tactics he could really cement his place in the squad, if not he's offski next summer.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Well, I guess I was wrong about this not being true. As of right now the offer stands at 45M euros and a player (don't know who).

Source mate? and do you reckon this bid will be accepted?

I can understand us being after a super expensive striker still and maybe a (somewhat) inexpensive attacking midfielder like Candreva, but I cannot think of a good reason we'd be after a super expensive attacking mid like Joao Mario.

First of all, if we are playing with 2 up top where would he play? If we keep the same tired 4-2-3-1 of the last few seasons then there are better players than this dude for this kind of cash.

Just not buying it. Think this rumor is completely fabricated.

49 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I can understand us being after a super expensive striker still and maybe a (somewhat) inexpensive attacking midfielder like Candreva, but I cannot think of a good reason we'd be after a super expensive attacking mid like Joao Mario.

First of all, if we are playing with 2 up top where would he play? If we keep the same tired 4-2-3-1 of the last few seasons then there are better players than this dude for this kind of cash.

Just not buying it. Think this rumor is completely fabricated.

Agree it may be fabricated, BUt in Portugal's side and in Sporting's he was mainly a B2B. Was very dynamic and good on the ball. I think our idea is to play him there.

Yes, he's a B2B, he even started the season there. Only moved to the right flank when William came back from his injury and Carrillo went out of the team. It worked brilliantly at Sporting but it didn't work in the NT, the dynamics were very different.

It's not a coincidence that his best stretches in the Euro were when he played more central instead of being isolated on the wing.

He's one of the few players in the portuguese league that seems to be regarded as a top top player by nearly all the fans of the "big 3", and god knows how hard it is for a player to be consensual between all three sets of fans.

He works really hard for the team, great technique, extremely intellegent, good dribbler, more than enough pace, great passer... He'd fit in perfectly!

As for weaknesses, I'd say that finishing and at times being a little shy at times are his Achilles heels. Don't think he'll ever be a good finisher, but a few screams from Conte would make him stop being shy in a hurry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You