Riyad Mahrez

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Gutted to see one of my favorite non Chelsea players go to rival but I'm glad it's not any of the others. City are already insane going forward. Mahrez won't move the needle for them at all I don't think. He doesn't make them any better. Had he gone to Arse, Spuds, or Liverpool he would have.

My only wish is that our club takes note of what City are doing here. To see that FFP is a total sham and that we too can spend whatever we want with impunity. City will dominate English football for years to come if we don't keep up.

Do our board actually care about FFP though? I think it's just a convenient excuse they use to justify Roman's unwillingness to spend from his own pocket these days.

3 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Do our board actually care about FFP though? I think it's just a nice excuse they use to justify Roman's unwillingness to spend from his own pocket these days.

It's load of shits and they know it. Our revenue is higher than Liverpool yet we're getting outspend.

Just now, manpe said:

Ffs where do they fit him? They already have B.Silva on the bench, he would walk into our team, now Mahrez too? Soon even the players that don't make their bench are better than ours. Sanchez, Sane, Sterling, D.Silva, B.Silva, Mahrez... wtf??

They are loading up because once FFP 2.0 will kick in it will hamper clubs like PSG and City.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Sanchez is not going to be a bench player.

You managed to respond before I noticed my mistake - Sanchez isn't in City. But the point remains, and I didn't list only bench players, but everybody they have available for that position. Even if you take Sanchez out it's still ridiculous once they add Mahrez.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Also there is no time to find a replacement or very limited at the least.

They have Albrighton and Grey and whilst they aren't Mahrez they can do a job for them, this is Leicester we are talking and the sheer money numbers that are being talked about are absolutely off the scale for them to turn down. Have to remember the player now wants out, the pressure on them is really big.

They've bid 50M which is already too much. They are going to seriously overspend. Not necessarily a bad move maybe he fills their bench gives them more options but hes hardly worth 50M let alone anything above it. 

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

They have Albrighton and Grey and whilst they aren't Mahrez they can do a job for them, this is Leicester we are talking and the sheer money numbers that are being talked about are absolutely off the scale for them to turn down. Have to remember the player now wants out, the pressure on them is really big.

Leicester have quietly built a pretty good squad imo. Probably have the best squad outside the top 6. 

Already sured up their defence with Laporte, so may as well buy a luxury. 

We won't be competing the next 4 or 5 years. Best to try and make top 4 every year and hope to scrape a champions league run for the ages together. 

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is seriously sick. Absolutely fucking sick. When will the governing body step in and put an end to City's madness? When will this out of control spending stop? Why the fuck is this allowed.

Half a billion pounds or something spent since Pep arrived. 

To non-Chelsea fans the thought of Chelsea supporters being unhappy at another club’s spending would seem funny or maybe even hypocritical. They’d just laugh at us. 

16 hours ago, Georgy said:

It's load of shits and they know it. Our revenue is higher than Liverpool yet we're getting outspend.

Why, and to whom, would Roman have to Justify an unwillingness to spend tens, or perhaps hundreds, of millions of pounds of his own money on our hobby?

I think the correct attitude is for us to be glad he spent what he did in the first place, and to be totally understanding if he is no longer ready, be it temporarily or permanently, to do that.

I know people like to infer, from our turnover figure, that Chelsea could afford to spend very large amounts but the equation is never that simple. 

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

My only wish is that our club takes note of what City are doing here. To see that FFP is a total sham and that we too can spend whatever we want with impunity. City will dominate English football for years to come if we don't keep up.

This isn’t true. City have been closely investigated by uefa’s FFP accountants and have passed the test. We may wonder how they’ve done that but the fact is that, up to the time of the last audit, City were not breaking the FFP rules as they stand. I fully expect them to pass future inspections too. They are far too professional an operation to mess up their sums.

The only way City might fall foul of the FFP regs is if the definition of related entities is changed. Even then City might be able win the argument.

On the other hand we don’t have access to the same value of sponsorship they book and of course we don’t have the global City group. The upshot of all this is that our FFP cap would be lower than theirs.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You