John Terry

DavidEU

He doesn't get the credit he deserves and it **** me off.

He is a legend and excellent defender. When his name is on the team sheet I know we are going to have a good game.

He is one of the most important players in Chelsea history and when he does retire I will shed a tear as the team will never be the same

Captain, Leader, Legend :)

Not usually one to exaggerate or get emotional, but will genuinely be really upset when this hero finally hangs up his boots. It'll be like a family member dying...

I hope he goes on forever, and with the way he's playing ATM I can't see the end in sight just yet. CLL.

Peak wise too.

No chance. Stam,Fedinand, Adams,Campbell and Hyypia were all better peak wise. Carvalho too.

I liken it to Ryan Giggs when people say he's one of the greatest players in epl era, they say that because of his longevity and achievements. No one really believes he was better than attacking midfielders like Ronaldo, Bergkamp,Zola,Barnes,Cantonna,fabregas,et al peak wise.

No chance. Stam,Fedinand, Adams,Campbell and Hyypia were all better peak wise. Carvalho too.

I liken it to Ryan Giggs when people say he's one of the greatest players in epl era, they say that because of his longevity and achievements. No one really believes he was better than attacking midfielders like Ronaldo, Bergkamp,Zola,Barnes,Cantonna,fabregas,et al peak wise.

Ledley King too in the list, almost the opposite.. If you get what I mean

Ledley King too in the list, almost the opposite.. If you get what I mean

I agree. He was freakishly good when he wasn't on the treatment table. Ability wise he was probably the best English defender of his generation.

Regarding the topic who would you say is the best defender in EPL history peak wise?

When you think to how much Vidic (a year younger than Terry) is struggling for Inter Milan, then it makes you realise just how well Terry is doing to maintain the high level he has been doing.

And Terry never had pace to start with and it has declined further - but his positional sense is unbelievable :)

Ferdinand? Seriously? Sorry, but no way. He never had the football intelligence to be a top player.

For me the list of better CBs at their peak includes Campbell, King and Vidic and maybe Adams, but that's about it.

Plus, where do you factor in leadership and organizational qualities? Doesn't the effect he has on his teammates and the team as whole contribute to how good a player is considered?

There's absolutely no way on earth Ledley fucking King, Adams, Vidic, Rio Ferdinand or Stam etc were better peak wise than JT. That's just ludicrous.

He's the only defender in over 20 years to win PFA player of the Year for a reason. 04-06 JT was something else, those back injuries meant he's had to alter his game but what a player he was in those years.

Ferdinand? Seriously? Sorry, but no way. He never had the football intelligence to be a top player.

In real life he's beyond stupid but on the pitch no way did he lack intelligance, he went a few years without committing a single foul at one point and was rarely if ever forced into making last ditched tackles, he always use to sense danger before it even became a remote problem.

I hate the bloke but a prime Ferdinand (06-09) was one of the best around.

In real life he's beyond stupid but on the pitch no way did he lack intelligance, he went a few years without committing a single foul at one point and was rarely if ever forced into making last ditched tackles, he always use to sense danger before it even became a remote problem.

I hate the bloke but a prime Ferdinand (06-09) was one of the best around.

Not saying he wasn't good, just not better than JT, not even close for me. Wasn't even the best CB in his own team as Vidic was by far the better player, imo.

Not saying he wasn't good, just not better than JT, not even close for me. Wasn't even the best CB in his own team as Vidic was by far the better player, imo.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he better than JT, i do think he was better than Vidic when he was at his very best but that's for another argument.

Ferdinand better than JT? Wtf???

Jt is a leader, the kind that made average defenders look world class like puyol did with pique. If JT hasn't lost his speed, it won't be even debatable that he's on par with Adams and ledley king and ahead of everyone else in pure defending ability