John Terry

DavidEU

"Content unauthorized in your location"

I feel so discriminated against :cry:

Hola Better Internet is your friend.

JT's thoughts on England --> http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/19693/9461909/john-terry-talks-england-wayne-rooney-raheem-sterling-and-more

What did he say? I'm at work, so I can't watch.

It's not video. I'll ctrl c + v anyway.

Terry on… England’s win over Switzerland

I thought they did very well. The manager and the team will be delighted, first and foremost with the result, but the performance as well. There was patience, there was pace up front and Sterling, Welbeck and Wazza [Wayne Rooney] stretched the opponents and they definitely benefitted. Halfway through the game, the ball boys were getting the balls back quickly and Switzerland certainly fancied their chances. As the game went on they opened up and the spaces came. It was important that the team was patient and they got it spot on.

Terry on… England’s hopes of winning the group

The win away from home was a great result first and foremost. We’ve got five or six games at Wembley and away that we should go and win. I’m not saying we will, but we should go and win and it puts us in a good position before we play Switzerland again – because certainly they are the second strongest team in our group.

Terry on… Wayne Rooney

For me he is still one of the best players in the world and the right choice for the captain. He’s a leader in the dressing room, on the training field and he sets the example on a daily basis. Believe me, I’ve been on the end of a few of the shouts from him. When you’re not performing well in training he’s the first one to let you know that it’s important you win. That’s the mentality and it’s important you get back to that. Now he’s captain he’s under more scrutiny and under the eye. It’s important Wayne remains calm. He has grown up an awful lot over the last few years and for me he is 100% the right man for the job.

Terry on… Fabian Delph

I’ve been very impressed with him at Aston Villa. I’ve played against him and he scored against Chelsea last year. He gets around the pitch really well and really puts pressure on, so any bad pass or mistake he is on you. Once he does that he drives the team up and allows the team to get forward. I think that’s why he was put in tonight. When Chelsea go to Aston Villa, the aim is to press them and put them under pressure and one thing that stood out with Delph was that he always wanted the ball. He gave a couple of balls away, but he always wanted it. He always stood up and said ‘give me the ball’. That really impressed me from a young lad.

Terry on… Danny Welbeck

I’ve played against him and it’s very difficult. He can play up top and he can play wide, but for me he is better up top. He gives the option out wide as well, but you saw the desire [against Switzerland] to get in and make those runs. For the first goal, he ran 60 or 70 yards to get on the end of something. He did well to finish it – it came off the shin, but we’ll take that. I thought he deserved it.

Terry on… Raheem Sterling

He was brilliant all night and he had a couple of chances. He was the difference, for me, and every time he got the ball he wanted to do something. He was exciting and he was making things happen. He’s not got many caps under his belt, but as a young man he took responsibility. He’s strong as well for such a young boy. He’s very slight, but really strong. When you go to places you need that outlet, as a centre-half you need to be able to get up the field and when he gets the ball he gives you an opportunity to squeeze up and then when you receive the ball it’s in their half.

You want me to...to..read?! :mouthclosed:

:fainthv9:

Can't you just record yourself reading it and upload somewhere for me to read? :halo:

Asked for his opinion on Ramos's penalty and the pundit said "its no wonder he didn't slip on that surface eh John?" or something along those lines, I'm off my lunch break now so can't get the 100% quote.

SOMEBODY FIND A NON-DISCRIMINATING VIDEO OF THAT NAAAOOW :rant:

What do you make to the start of Chelsea’s season?

JT: I am enjoying how thick and fast the games are now coming at Chelsea. We are going into a stretch of the season where we will be playing two or three matches a week on a regular basis. This is what it’s all about - you want to be playing in all the big competitions.

Will this period be a test for the squad and show whether you can handle a busy fixture list?

JT: I think we have a bigger squad than last season and it is going to benefit us. The Champions League kicks in next week and then there is the Capital One Cup after that. It’s going to help us that we have a bigger squad. Manchester City benefited from having that last season and we will this time, too.

How excited have you been by Chelsea’s performances so far?

JT: We have started brightly. You always hope that your new signings come in and hit the ground running and our players have done that. Diego Costa has scored four goals and got off to a flyer. We are hoping he is available for the weekend against Swansea but he has made a good impact so far.

You have high standards when it comes to Chelsea’s defence. How disappointing was it to concede three goals at Everton even though you won the game 6-3?

JT: I know some people have been talking about that. We went throughout last season not conceding many goals and probably not scoring enough. We go up to Everton and score six and concede three but everyone is talking about the defence rather than how good our attacking play was. Before that we had only let in one against Burnley.

Have you had a chance to work on the team’s defending in training?

JT: We are only three matches into the season and not had much chance through this period. I was the only defender in at training for much of the last two weeks. Everyone else was away on international duty. For me it’s nothing to get concerned about yet. If it (conceding too many goals) happens three or four weeks on the spin, then it is an issue and I’m sure the manager will take a look at it. There are no qualms or problems for me at all.

Everyone associates Chelsea with keeping clean sheets, though, so do you think people react more when you concede so many?

JT: People can look at it that way but I think more should be made of the fact we scored six goals at Everton and how well we played going forward.

Chelsea signed Loic Remy before the international break - what impact can he make?

JT: I had my first training session with him on Wednesday and he looked sharp. He scores goals and makes it awkward for defenders because he plays on your shoulder.

Is there even more hunger in the squad to succeed after just missing out on winning trophies last season?

JT: For me the hunger is there from not winning the League. We need to get back to winning the title. It has been four years since we last did it but I believe we have the squad to do it. We are so driven.

You have lifted the trophy three times. Does it hurt you to see other teams celebrate winning it?

JT: Naturally. No player should stand there when seeing another team succeed and not feel hurt. We came so close in the League last season, Liverpool probably feel the same. When you play all those games and just lose out at the end, it’s disappointing, it’s heartbreaking. This is what you work all season for, it’s what you live for. I want to win trophies, last year we didn’t. We’re not more determined because we always are but with the signings the owner made, we will go for it again.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/it-has-been-four-years-we-need-to-win-the-premier-league-title--qa-with-chelsea-captain-john-terry-9727789.html