Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is this "strong" team will still probably lose. Motivation doesn't exactly run through their veins ... and why should it, when you can play dogshit for 12 months and still be guaranteed starting places.

2 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Funny thing is this "strong" team will still probably lose. Motivation doesn't exactly run through their veins ... and why should it, when you can play dogshit for 12 months and still be guaranteed starting places.

but you aren't allowed to change it, because that would be cheating and unfair on newcastle or something, which is obviously top priority than the club trying to improve its squad and develop players

9 minutes ago, lucio said:

so he copied a lineup that got us into a relegation battle.

No, he's picking the best side he can from the players available and deploying them in a way he thinks best. Our problem of course is that our best available team ain't all that great but what on Earth could Guus do about that today?

12 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It is not a meaningless game. Some here may not care about our obligations but Guss should and he does. He is a high class man.

In any case the voices now moaning at him for having some integrity, would be the first to cry foul if we needed another team to drop points and their opponents turned up with the beach sandals on and the umbrellas up. Guus is not only trying to do his best in this game, he is making sure he is seen to be trying to do his best. Well played Mr. Hiddink.

I see it the same way as you do, however, surely would not have been such a loss of quality if he would've have started Ruben for Mikel or one of Baba/Kenedy for Ivanovic. Select a strong team and play a few that could use the minutes, kill two birds with one stone. Considering also that we are going against Sunderland and not say Liverpool or Man CIty.
Overall i'm quite disappointed by the line-up.

As you know, when Guus said fair he meant fair to Newcastle and Norwich. Quite right too Guus. Well played.

It's nice being the gentleman, but there is no price for it.

Perfect opportunity to gain more experience for some of our lads, be more selfish!

More importantly 3, 4 guys like Loftus-Cheek, Traoré, Kenedy, Baba who actually scored or assisted aren't that kind of a big deal, pretty good players, imo.

Someone like Miazga should have made the bench!

Even Jose said, if there's nothing left to play for us, we play youth, but most of these guys aren't youth, they were brought in for millions of pounds.

I really don't like the lineup, upset before the game has even started. [emoji19]

5 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I see it the same way as you do, however, surely would not have been such a loss of quality if he would've have started Ruben for Mikel or one of Baba/Kenedy for Ivanovic. Select a strong team and play a few that could use the minutes, kill two birds with one stone. Considering also that we are going against Sunderland and not say Liverpool or Man CIty.
Overall i'm quite disappointed by the line-up.

I agree. I'd have broken up the Mikel/Matic pairing but Guss sees it differently. I can live with what the boss has done and with why he's done it. By the way, I'm not a fan of Baba's so I'm pleased he's out of the side. Kennedy I'd have been happy see get another run at LB.

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

their opponents turned up with the beach sandals on and the umbrellas up

Are not these players going to turn up this way? Nothing to play for. Would they even be bothered?