Sunderland v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Conte evaluate the likes of RLC, Kenedy, Pato, Baba etc if they don't play? Not saying all of them should start but Ruben should have been starting and playing as much as possible over the past few weeks.

Matic & Mikel makes me queasy.

13 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

As you know, when Guus said fair he meant fair to Newcastle and Norwich. Quite right too Guus. Well played.

the lineup is dogshit though, so its not even being fair on newcastle and norwich.

It is not a meaningless game. Some here may not care about our obligations but Guss should and he does. He is a high class man.

In any case the voices now moaning at him for having some integrity, would be the first to cry foul if we needed another team to drop points and their opponents turned up with the beach sandals on and the umbrellas up. Guus is not only trying to do his best in this game, he is making sure he is seen to be trying to do his best. Well played Mr. Hiddink.

6 minutes ago, lucio said:

the lineup is dogshit though, so its not even being fair on newcastle and norwich.

He's picked what he considers to be his strongest line up for this game. No one can ask any more of him than that. If you or I would have picked a different side then so be it but Guss is the boss so he gets the call.

so we play the old turds who are already thinking about the euros / holidays? rather than the players eager to impress and earn a place in the team....this team is less likely to hold up our integrity.....

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

so we play the old turds who are already thinking about the euros / holidays? rather than the players eager to impress and earn a place in the team....this team is less likely to hold up our integrity.....

Says you.

11 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Could Hiddink be more defensive than Mourinho ?? :blink:

Like Jose he is a brilliant coach who finds the best solutions possible. Given that the squad is the same it's hardly surprising if those solutions are pretty much the same.

P.S. I'm not a fan of Matic or Mikel so I'd probably not have picked that pairing. As confident as I am about my footballing opinions however, there are still moments when I remember that most of the world happens outside, not inside, my head. Just because I think something does not make it so. In the end someone has to choose the team, and Guss is that someone.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

Like Jose he is a brilliant coach who finds the best solutions possible. Given that the squad is the same it's hardly surprising if those solutions are pretty much the same.

Normally Mourinho will play fabregas with Matic against smaller teams, so this looks too defensive.... But they could play differently on the pitch, so let's see