FA Youth Cup Thread

LDN Blue

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Hudson-odoi looks a good prospect

Youngest player in the team at 16 but absolutely amazing. His dribbling ability is fantastic. Him and Sterling are always ones who standout for me when I watch our U18.

18 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Another winning campaign. Hope someone breaks through.

Theres never been doubts we have the best academy TEAMS going.

But do we think that the teams are playing so well TOGETHER as TEAMS that theres no individuals that are that good enouh to stand out and hit the big time?

I dont know. Just wondering.

Theres never been doubts we have the best academy TEAMS going.
But do we think that the teams are playing so well TOGETHER as TEAMS that theres no individuals that are that good enouh to stand out and hit the big time?
I dont know. Just wondering.

You'd think at least one player would be capable enough to try and make the step up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The 18s have just completed a 3-0 win away to Birmingham City if the first leg of this year's FA Youth Cup semi-final. The squad is bidding to reach its 7th successive final, and its 8th out of the last nine. The second leg is next Tuesday at Stamford Bridge. Good luck to the lads for the return tie.

18s are currently playing the second leg of their FA Youth Cup semi-final with Birmingham. I know the question is always will any of them make it to first team level but these lads are good and are real fun to watch. I'm not easily pleased but there is no doubt in my mind that the overall quality of the U18 squad just keeps getting better. Several starters have been rested and of course Ethan Ampadu is out for the season but these kids are still playing the kind of football we'd love to see from the first XI. If you can get online the match is live on the club's facebook page. Give it a go. I think you'll enjoy it.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

18s are currently playing the second leg of their FA Youth Cup semi-final with Birmingham. I know the question is always will any of them make it to first team level but these lads are good and are real fun to watch. I'm not easily pleased but there is no doubt in my mind that the overall quality of the U18 squad just keeps getting better. Several starters have been rested and of course Ethan Ampadu is out for the season but these kids are still playing the kind of football we'd love to see from the first XI. If you can get online the match is live on the club's facebook page. Give it a go. I think you'll enjoy it.

This is mainly the reason i want our next manager to be a youth friendly coach even before a trophy laden track record. The previous generation of Boga, Charly, RLC all had flaws that were fatal when it came to first team chances at Chelsea, the likes of CHO, Mount, Sterling, Ampadu ill go as far as saying are near dead certs to make it under the right manager.

• 3 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see what happens with Hudson-Odoi next season. He clearly is too good for youth and U23 football and has already made appearances for our first team. A lot will depend if we get in the UCL or not. If we don't I think he will stay with first team while playing cup and Europa League games. If we somehow get into top 4 maybe a loan but he is good enough. Has everything and is still bloody 17. Let that sink in. Got so much potential and seems a pretty much level-headed kid too.

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Hudson-Odoi next season. He clearly is too good for youth and U23 football and has already made appearances for our first team. A lot will depend if we get in the UCL or not. If we don't I think he will stay with first team while playing cup and Europa League games. If we somehow get into top 4 maybe a loan but he is good enough. Has everything and is still bloody 17. Let that sink in. Got so much potential and seems a pretty much level-headed kid too.

Vitesse be like...

tenor.gif?itemid=5425512