The Hiddink Thread

MefiX19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this bloody mess we fired our Mourinho, who is a fan like each of us of our beloved club. Can't believe it!

Bringing on Loftus-Cheek for less than a minute is a bloody joke.
Hazard was finished since the 70th minute, no changes? Why, because we only had youth on the bench?
Playing without a striker, no central point, that did work so well in the past, did it?
Playing Ivanovic instead of Baba?
Why not subbing off Oscar earlier?

So many mistakes, i'm really sad, one point is too little!
For me, United were the better team, absolute disasterous, horrible, words fail me... :rant:

So, who's ready to admit sacking Jose was a bad decision?

Lol.. Just because Hiddink continues to die by the José sword doesn't mean the club didn't do what was necessary at the time. You'd think they'd then learn to not rehire another former coach, but hey ho..

(p.s. if you're being sarcastic, apologies as I'm too frustrated to notice)

For this bloody mess we fired our Mourinho, who is a fan like each of us of our beloved club. Can't believe it!

Hazard was finished since the 70th minute, no changes? Why, because we only had youth on the bench?

Playing without a striker, no central point, that did work so well in the past, did it?

For me, United were the better team, absolutely disasterous, horrible, words fail me... :rant:

So, you are basically bashing Guus for doing exactly the same things that you beloved Jose used to do.

Not an excuse for me. There were rumours for a long time that he'd be the interim so he knew, he had time to watch games and analyze. There is no excuse to keep playing Ivanovic/Azpilicueta at the positions they are playing, none.

Tbh Jason, I did believe this.. I really did.

But even then, as a coach he should have done his homework. It's not even that hard. All he had to do was spend an afternoon looking at how we concede goals and why we're so nervous and he'll see the weak links that contribute to these things.

You both made fair points but it's worth trying to understand from where Hiddink is coming from. It's like what Peace said after the Saturday match...

Why do people have to complain again ? Yes, that is the same line-up and yes, this is frustrating to see again and again these poor players. But you have to keep in mind two things : Guus arrived here only one week ago and that is his first game ; you will have to bear those piss poor players until the end of the season, and most certainly the next season too.

As I have said, this is is first game and he is the manager for one week — what were you expecting, a revolution ? Probably half of the players are unknown to him, especially RLC and Kennedy... Of course he will select the players he knows and the players that have the better C.V. To change the line-up he will need time to get to know the players. That is even more true for the 'youngsters'. It is always complicated to play them when you get to manage the team mid-season. And to be frank, Guus inherited a team that is too much in a dire position to make some fantasy in the first months.

The first priority is to get out of the relegation battle ; the second is to secure enough points so we will not fight to not get relegated again. Once these important prorities are done, you can think to the youngsters. Though, to be honest, I am sure that 'try to get the fourth spot' will also be ahead of 'play the youngsters'.

And as some others have mentioned, we need fresh players to play against Manchester... Maybe Guus feels Zouma's speed is more needed against Manchester than Watford. And to be honest — I will create a general commotion with this —, Zouma is not necessarily that better than Cahill — if he is indeed better... They have both their qualities and flaws, but let's be real, the difference between their level is marginal.. It 'might' be concerning in regards to his status within the team in a long-term perspective, yet, in regards to 'one game', Zouma or Cahill, it is 'Tweedledum and Tweedledee'.

The bottom line is that, before getting your guns out as soon as the first game, let's see how Guus does in his first month here to draw conclusions. Also, a change in tactics does not necessarily implies a change in personal. And anyway, prepare yourselves to see the same team for a long time — we are too deep in the season and we are in a position too bad to be able to make drastic and fantasist changes.

If Hiddink is still doing the same things say this time next month, then I think he deserves to be criticized. But for now, any criticism is a tad harsh. He needs a bit of time to sort this out. We're in a huge mess - perhaps some are underestimating the magnitude of it after Mourinho's sacking - and Hiddink doesn't have a magic wand to just solve our problems. Throwing the kids in now won't exactly improve matters either - as much as we all want to see that happen. Think we fans are prone to or have a tendency to assume youth players have suddenly become world class and the finished product when things go pear shaped in the first team.

For me, United were the better team, absolute disasterous, horrible, words fail me... :rant:

That's not fair. You never slated Mourinho for similar decisions. At least be consistent, no?

So, you are basically bashing Guus for doing exactly the same things that you beloved Jose used to do.

I tried to find common sense in Jose's actions, sometimes it was really difficult, i give you that! Jose has to take his fair share of the blame. I'm not in denial!

But then we sacked him and hired another coach, i was hopeful, thought now we field some youth, try to score one more instead of trying to defend.

But nothing changes, no one has a clue what to do.

Have you seen how Matic tried to score?

Even my dad who doesn't like Chelsea pitied Matic, maybe the fail of the season so far, why did he choose to hit it with so much power?

He has been piss poor so far, but yet another chance to play, can't believe it.

Is Loftus-Cheek really that bad? He should give up on his career, if that's true.

Loftus-Cheek who is a huge talent and tries to make an impact, but bringing him on in injury time is a fuckin' disgrace, only here for time wasting or what?

Some of his mates were finished, take a look at Hazard, but Guus did jack shit against it!

We should have stood by Jose, that was his worst season in his career, but at least he has a proven track record in the past.

Should have ordered him to give up on the season and play the goddamn youth, but no, always hire another manager and let the players off the hook.

Anyway, think we disagree another time.

But that's how it is...

Cheers.