• Oscar
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Costa
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)

Not offended at all.

I just don't understand why you're being purposely obtuse when Peace clarified his entire post perfectly. There was no need for you to pounce on that and try to take the moral high ground. Peace made a great point, there was nothing even remotely offensive about what he said.

I didn't say it was offensive. I said it was extreme and a little bit hilarious to use as an example. If you're on a footy forum talking to your mates and invoke the nazis for the flimsiest of reasons then it's probably time to take a break. The Bizarre tangent this discussion of a football match took probably hasn't got the legs to go much longer and still be worthwhile.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say it was offensive. I said it was extreme and a little bit hilarious to use as an example. If you're on a footy forum talking to your mates and invoke the nazis for the flimsiest of reasons then it's probably time to take a break. The Bizarre tangent this discussion of a football match took probably hasn't got the legs to go much longer and still be worthwhile.

I guess we have different sensibilities. I understood the point being made without finding it extreme, hilarious, offensive etc.

Godwin's Law.

Godwin's law doesn't apply if the comparison is a sensible one.

I don't know about the rest of you people but i understood the point "Peace" was making without thinking he was accusing people of being Nazi's.

Peace probably put it best himself : I was not comparing us to what they did. I was merely comparing two process that led two groups of people to hate two other groups of people in extreme proportions. In that, the comparisons stand to be relevant and are not extreme.

Godwin's law doesn't apply if the comparison is a sensible one.

I don't know about the rest of you people but i understood the point "Peace" was making without thinking he was accusing people of being Nazi's.

Peace probably put it best himself : I was not comparing us to what they did. I was merely comparing two process that led two groups of people to hate two other groups of people in extreme proportions. In that, the comparisons stand to be relevant and are not extreme.

Godwins law is only that the longer a discussion goes on the probability that a comparison to Hitler or the nazis goes up. Sense has nothing to do with it really.

End of the day everyone's going to have a different opinion especially on something like this.Fans are pissed off some at Jose for his part and some at the players for their performance and attitude.Doesn't make anyone less of a fan/care less/not support the club etc.

Chance to let feelings know and that's how they chose to.I can't see it lasting more then a few games especially if performances improve and players show they are capable of performing

Same, it will improve in a month if we are doing good and winning games.

Terry said the same thing.

Godwins law is only that the longer a discussion goes on the probability that a comparison to Hitler or the nazis goes up. Sense has nothing to do with it really.

Indeed. I should have phrased it differently. Problem for me is nowadays Godwins law gets misused by a lot of people.

For some reason people seem to add the " if you compare someone or something with Nazi's or Hitler you lose the argument" to Godwins law.

I jumped to the conclusion that that was what you meant. My apologies for that.

Plus hatred really doesn't come into it. Once again, if you're applying these terms or these analogies to this situation then close the laptop, put on a coat and take a wander to your local. You're in too deep. You've blown it.

The terms and analogies Peace used aren't as extreme as you're making them out to be.

Like Peace already said himself:

I was not comparing us to what they did. I was merely comparing two process that led two groups of people to hate two other groups of people in extreme proportions. In that, the comparisons stand to be relevant and are not extreme.

Indeed. I should have phrased it differently. Problem for me is nowadays Godwins law gets misused by a lot of people.

For some reason people seem to add the " if you compare someone or something with Nazi's or Hitler you lose the argument" to Godwins law.

I jumped to the conclusion that that was what you meant. My apologies for that.

The terms and analogies Peace used aren't as extreme as you're making them out to be.

Like Peace already said himself:

I was not comparing us to what they did. I was merely comparing two process that led two groups of people to hate two other groups of people in extreme proportions. In that, the comparisons stand to be relevant and are not extreme.

Sorry, no, using the term Nazi is provocative, it's automatically negative connotations and much less offensive examples can be used, and usually used to guilt people into packing in their argument so they do't get labelled or grouped to bad things.

I kept hearing we played well because Sunderland was crap. Yes Sunderland are awful but you could see the difference in our performance. It was like they are playing freely, so much movement and so much flair. Oscar combined extremely well with willian, Pedro did not receive the ball deep in the middle of the pitch and trying to take on multiple player, Azpi was sprinting forward multiple time.

And yes we got caught on the break multiple time but they recovered pretty well imo.

The only major problem was fabregas. His passing was excellent but defensively he was atrocious. Matic has to defend the entire middle of the pitch by himself because fabregas simply cannot run back.

He was a also at fault for Sunderland goal.

Hopefully it is a start of something new. Our performance this season has been atrocious, some people still does not want to blame Mourinho, I have tons of respect for mou. He is imo one of the best manager in the world. But last weak we are like 1/2 position above relegation. You can blame the players but Mou should shoulder majority of the blame. If you have imo top 4 squad in the league and you turn it into relegation candidate team, you should get fired.

I kept hearing we played well because Sunderland was crap. Yes Sunderland are awful but you could see the difference in our performance. It was like they are playing freely, so much movement and so much flair. Oscar combined extremely well with willian, Pedro did not receive the ball deep in the middle of the pitch and trying to take on multiple player, Azpi was sprinting forward multiple time.

And yes we got caught on the break multiple time but they recovered pretty well imo.

The only major problem was fabregas. His passing was excellent but defensively he was atrocious. Matic has to defend the entire middle of the pitch by himself because fabregas simply cannot run back.

He was a also at fault for Sunderland goal.

Hopefully it is a start of something new. Our performance this season has been atrocious, some people still does not want to blame Mourinho, I have tons of respect for mou. He is imo one of the best manager in the world. But last weak we are like 1/2 position above relegation. You can blame the players but Mou should shoulder majority of the blame. If you have imo top 4 squad in the league and you turn it into relegation candidate team, you should get fired.

So would you want Steve Holland as coach because your assessment suggests he's changed things quite a bit in a few days?

So would you want Steve Holland as coach because your assessment suggests he's changed things quite a bit in a few days?

Since chelsea has already appointed hiddink, I think your question is a moot point.

Imo, we just need a change because Mou have tried many things (dropped fabregas, dropped matic, dropped hazard, even play hazard as striker) none really works, even when we played reasonably well we still lost (liverpool game)