Chelsea v Dynamo Kiev

Jase

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe some of you guys. It is a disgrace to see so many of you wanting to bench Hazard. Against a team like Kiev who are probably parking the bus today, we need the creativity Hazard brings. I know he has been awful - at least compared to last years performances. But this is a player who brings something extraordinary if he performs well. I can't see any other Chelsea player open up that Kiev team, maybe Willian with a good performance.

When we were trailing against Liverpool we needed Hazard to open up the attack. Kenedy tried hard, but didn't really succeed. Willian intercepted the ball often, but we lost possession in the middle when Oscar, Cesc or Costa were given the ball. Hazard played as 10 in the most of his time of the pitch. Hazard can't play 10. He needs to be on the wing to get his free role, and he should be placed there today.

Teams still fear Hazard and there is a reason why. Put Azpi behind Hazard like in all the other games.

I want to see this team

__________Begovic

Zouma - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

______ Ramires - Mikel

___Willian - Cesc - Hazard

__________Costa

Maybe i am just old fashioned, but at least i trust the players who won the premier league last year to do the job against Kiev. These players are some of the best in the world, they just don't think they are. So lets support them and believe in them instead of blaming them all the time.

CHELSEA <3 <3 <3

I like Hazard a lot, but he was given a lot of chances and for me "not good enough".

Today, i'm not reluctant for making some changes.

We tried far too long with the same guys, "a must not lose" offers a good opportunity to go with something new.

In my point of view, Willian is a dribbler and creator too, Oscar or Fabregas are going to be our central playmaker and on the other side, personally, i prefer having a more direct player who really goes for goal and isn't afraid taking on some opponents;

overall a straight shooter who offers a good balance.

Furthermore i think that Willian on the left offers a much bigger attacking threat,

because it's easier for him to cut in and release a powerful strike with his right foot.

I agree with your defensive unit.

Mourinho won't bench John Terry, therefore it seems as the best line up we have.

For me Ramires is a surprise egg; you never know, what you will get today.

Maybe we can play Loftus-Cheek, but that's just a wish.

Oscar or Fabregas as the central playmaker?

That's a tough one.

Oscar was horrible in his last match, but Fabregas didn't do himself any favors with his style of play thus far.

My man would be Oscar, at least more shots and he knows how to win a tackle.

......................Costa..............

Willian........Oscar........Kenedy.....

.......Loftus-Cheek....Mikel

Azpilicueta...Terry...Cahill...Zouma

....................Begovic

I like Hazard a lot, but he was given a lot of chances and for me "not good enough".

Today, i'm not reluctant for making some changes.

We tried far too long with the same guys, "a must not lose" offers a good opportunity to go with something new.

In my point of view, Willian is a dribbler and creator too, Oscar or Fabregas are going to be our central playmaker and on the other side, personally, i prefer having a more direct player who really goes for goal and isn't afraid taking on some opponents;

overall a straight shooter who offers a good balance.

Furthermore i think that Willian on the left offers a much bigger attacking threat,

because it's easier for him to cut in and releasing a powerful strike with his right foot.

I agree with your defensive unit.

Mourinho won't bench John Terry, therefore it seems as the best line up we have.

For me Ramires is a surprise egg; you never know, what you will get today.

Maybe we can play Loftus-Cheek, but that's just a wish.

Oscar or Fabregas as the central playmaker?

That's a tough one.

Oscar was horrible in his last match, but Fabregas didn't do himself any favors with his style of play thus far.

My man would be Oscar, at least more shots and he knows how to win a tackle.

......................Costa..............

Willian........Oscar........Kenedy.....

.......Loftus-Cheek....Mikel

Azpilicueta...Terry...Cahill...Zouma

....................Begovic

I like Kenedy, don't get me mistaken. And he could succeed against Vida on their left back. But you are talking about surprise eggs, and i would consider Kenedy being one.

Loftus-Cheek. Too unexperienced. Especially taking the importance of the match into consideration. This match is not only about getting into the last 16, but could change some of the players' momentum. Hazard being one. Cesc being another. These guys has to start. Ramires has played well and i really don't think he is getting benched after the goal he scored in the weekend. I could see a Matic - Ramires pairing today if Mikel gets benched. Matic also needs the boost of confidence. Willian - Cesc - Hazard are going to play. Oscar has not been able to hold on to the ball this season. He shouldn't start.

I wouldn't complain if Remy starts this one. He could be our secret weapon. The speed, the agility etc. I would love to see that today along with some aggressive style of play from Willian and Hazard.

If this lineup doesn't work (like you say, it hasn't been working this season), i agree something needs to change. But today, let's win this and let's give these guys what they need: confidence.

If we win tonight, can we just all be fucking positive for 24 hours for once this season?

No, people will find a fault in something. No team can be perfect top-down for a full 90 minutes, and the state that we're in, people are going to find ways to work the argument in their favor. We lose, Jose should have done this, or the players should have been better. We win, we should have played stronger, or player X still doesn't deserve a start.

I'll hope I'm wrong though.

This is the line up im hoping for

Begovic

Baba GC Zouma Azpi

RLC Matic

Willian Kennedy Hazard

Costa

I don't want to see Cesc JT Oscar or Ivanovic in that line up

Cesc: clearly has no interst in playing after winning PL

Oscar: absolute useless

JT: has no pace and clearly his age has caught up with him

Iva: the less I say about him the better

But knowing jose he likes to play it safe and chose these players which is starting to annoy a lot of chelsea fans ?

I´m feeling sort of anxious about this game, and I don´t like that.

I expect a 1-0 win. I feel we´ll play like shit but we´ll get the 3 points.

My predicted line up is

Bego

Zouma-Gary-Terry-Azpi

Ramires-Matic

Willian-Oscar-Hazard

Costa

But I would like

Bego

Azpi-Gary-Zouma-Baba

Ramires/RLC-Matic

Willian-Hazard-Kenedy

Remy