The Mourinho Thread

24 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Seems like he is angry at the media for not admiring his style of play when he was with us but we are praised for playing similar or I'm I reading too much into this??

Yeah this is how I see it too. I don't take those comments as direct swipes at us (maybe only a little), but rather the media. But tbf, it is a lot more than just sitting back and counter-attacking, Conte has made us a formidable fluid attacking side when need be. It is not boring to watch and we are flexible in terms of how we can play. Tactically we are more abundantly equipped than what we were under Mourinho, we have a plan going forward even when we are on the backfoot. And the other side of the story is that we finished 10th last season, now running away with the title this season... praise is merited regardless of how we play. Mourinho is just bitter, he is becoming a wengeresque voyeur with his constant comments about other teams. Contrast it to Conte, who after the loss to Arsenal said it was not the time to think about others, but clean the mess in your own house first.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Yeah this is how I see it too. I don't take those comments as direct swipes at us (maybe only a little), but rather the media. But tbf, it is a lot more than just sitting back and counter-attacking, Conte has made us a formidable fluid attacking side when need be. It is not boring to watch and we are flexible in terms of how we can play. Tactically we are more abundantly equipped than what we were under Mourinho, we have a plan going forward even when we are on the backfoot. And the other side of the story is that we finished 10th last season, now running away with the title this season... praise is merited regardless of how we play. Mourinho is just bitter, he is becoming a wengeresque voyeur with his constant comments about other teams. Contrast it to Conte, who after the loss to Arsenal said it was not the time to think about others, but clean the mess in your own house first.

Maybe not entirely but pretty sure he meant to take a swipe at us. This is Mourinho after all and he's been doing that all season. If you look further at what he said, he went on to brag about playing attacking football, playing the right way because that's how their fans and club want etc, almost as if teams playing other way shouldn't be acknowledged at all.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Maybe not entirely but pretty sure he meant to take a swipe at us. This is Mourinho after all and he's been doing that all season. If you look further at what he said, he went on to brag about playing attacking football, playing the right way because that's how their fans and club want etc, almost as if teams playing other way shouldn't be acknowledged at all.

Why is he trying to somehow diminish our accomplishments so far and make it seem like we're a defensive team when we've scored 50goals this season and only Liverpool has scored more by one goal (51). 

Hazard said it himself, this season we go for the second and third goals in every match compared to under him where after we score a goal, he brought on mikel to shut up shop (he's done it with fellaini this season) 

You can be absolutely sure that if we win the league Mourinho will find some way to say "it's a false title because they weren't in Europe," or something like "I put together a great group for Conte." 

He will be burning inside to see us win it.

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You can be absolutely sure that if we win the league Mourinho will find some way to say "it's a false title because they weren't in Europe," or something like "I put together a great group for Conte." 

I don't give a flying fuck about Mourinho anymore or whatever comes out of his sour mouth. Not in Europe? Thanks to Mourinho yes.

Fuck him and fuck Manchester United. 

18 hours ago, Jason said:

He's bitter. He's bitter that Conte is doing 10x better than him with practically the same squad. He's bitter that we're challenging for the title while he's having to watch from distance in 6th.

Considering that he's not sitting in a position of power (e.g like top of the Premier League), it's utterly embarrassing that he has the audacity to be taking pot shots at other managers and teams and this coming from a manager who is managing arguably the biggest club in the world. He's been moaning and bitching so much over the years that people don't seem to be taking what he says seriously anymore, especially when he's not winning major trophies to go with his trash talking.

Yesterday, a ManUtd fan on Twitter claimed Mourinho was still the better manager. He said that the players dropped Mourinho last season and got him sacked. That is debatable but I think that was José's own fault as the guy is a master in alienating players like he did with Real Madrid. The main reason they didn't continue with him at Real is because of that reason (and probably because Florentino Perez is a twat that has a big ego himself).

I loved Mourinho at Chelsea but also saw his flaws. He was a despicable human being at times, and I'm seeing those things back at ManUtd. Where he acted like a sour kid after the draw against Hull. The shit he said to Conte when we destroyed them and all those other digs. 

I'm starting to hate him as I hate ManUtd. A big club with rich history but such an arrogant club as well with (ex)-players who think they're the inventors of football. And let's not forget Manchester, the city, it self. An industrial shitpile of a city. And the mancs with that filthy accent like that Andy Tate guy from FTD. Always bashing us and the City fans for being gloryhunters while they're the biggest in the country.

Let the Manc fans be deluded. They think José will turn them into a big force again. I don't think so. Maybe next season but he'll be gone within no time. Already started isolating players like Shaw and Martial. Playing Rashford on the wing; ruining him like PSG ruined Cavani. 

José can say what he wants about us. Saying Conte is working with "his" players. I'll continue to laugh at this Portugese Tony Pulis with my finger pointed up north to Manshitster, 

27 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

José can say what he wants about us. Saying Conte is working with "his" players.

I doubt he'd have the audacity to say that, but who knows? Our main men this season are the ones who are not Mou's men - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Courtois, Kante, Moses, Alonso, Hazard. All signed before or after Mourinho. In fact the only Mourinho players playing regularly are Costa, Matic and Pedro. Fabregas and Willian to lesser extent, but they fulfill important roles in the team so we can semi-count them too. So this team is only a fraction of what Jose assembled or preferred and it shows.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I doubt he'd have the audacity to say that, but who knows? Our main men this season are the ones who are not Mou's men - Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Courtois, Kante, Moses, Alonso, Hazard. All signed before or after Mourinho. In fact the only Mourinho players playing regularly are Costa, Matic and Pedro. Fabregas and Willian to lesser extent, but they fulfill important roles in the team so we can semi-count them too. So this team is only a fraction of what Jose assembled or preferred and it shows.

I said the same. But ManUtd fans will still claim "it's still Mourinho's squad".

On 05/02/2017 at 9:56 PM, KevinAshburner said:

LONDON - The days of Manchester United weakening their Premier League rivals by poaching their best players are a thing of the past, manager Jose Mourinho has said.

It must be why he was after poaching Willian last month eh!

On 07/02/2017 at 0:22 PM, Pizy said:

Of course he will. Hes the master of smoke and mirrors. The only thing is we have seen all his tricks so they aren't magic anymore..

What I dont get about all that spiel about him doing what Conte did 1st and better was it came straight after the Mancs beat Leicester 3-0 so he should havbe been bigging up his own team and talking about them. So there was no need for him to steer the conversation into a fifferent direction. It seemed an emotional speach rather than a BS one to defer comments.

On 08/02/2017 at 10:29 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

I said the same. But ManUtd fans will still claim "it's still Mourinho's squad".

Come on, he is just saying something that most Chelsea fans said about Mourinho at some point. I remember when he was sacked there was a famous video of a frustrated fan on youtube saying Mourinho was behind the success of the club in past 10 years, and even between 2007/13, when he wasn't the manager, he was behind the success of those years. I'm sure most people agreed with him: Mourinho was so great, that his work reverberated all those years. I remember people even saying Chelsea identity doesn't fit attacking or possession based football, since Chelsea was "anti Barcelona" and a counter attacking team. Those people were basically saying Chelsea was a Mourinho side, and the next manager should be someone similar. 

On 07/02/2017 at 10:22 AM, Pizy said:

I don't think he will go that far, but no doubt he will things like the ones he said days ago: I already won Premier League playing defensive football, what Chelsea is doing this season is not something new, english press is unfair because I was criticized for doing things that Conte is doing now and he is getting applauses everywhere. 

If Conte win the league this season that will be a greater achievement than any trophy Mourinho won with Chelsea, and if Mourinho fail to get a top 4 finish that would be the greatest failure coming from a manager in PL recent history.

25 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think he will go that far, but no doubt he will things like the ones he said days ago: I already won Premier League playing defensive football, what Chelsea is doing this season is not something new, english press is unfair because I was criticized for doing things that Conte is doing now and he is getting applauses everywhere. 

If Conte win the league this season that will be a greater achievement than any trophy Mourinho won with Chelsea, and if Mourinho fail to get a top 4 finish that would be the greatest failure coming from a manager in PL recent history.

Yep. We play much more attractive and progressive football under Conte than we did in Mou's second spell. Really annoying that he feels the need to use these veiled insults about how we're a defensive, counter attacking side and nothing more. 

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. We play much more attractive and progressive football under Conte than we did in Mou's second spell. Really annoying that he feels the need to use these veiled insults about how we're a defensive, counter attacking side and nothing more. 

Thats what upsets me

I adored him on his 1st trip with us and couldn'y believe our luck when he came back. I thought this is it. Everyones at peace, they all learned from their mistakes etc and hoped he was here for awhile. But like some places you visit the 2nd time things didn't work.

OK so you part ways and after the dust settles you remember the good bits,

And I do but he makes it fuckin hard sometimes when hes whiing and bitching about us every time you turn around,

But hes gotta show hes a Rag now which means he doesn't like us no mo!

Maybe he should take a look at this now n then to remember us!

This%20is%20Chelsea_zpswsdnvpak.gif

On 09/02/2017 at 4:44 PM, Henrique said:

Come on, he is just saying something that most Chelsea fans said about Mourinho at some point. I remember when he was sacked there was a famous video of a frustrated fan on youtube saying Mourinho was behind the success of the club in past 10 years, and even between 2007/13, when he wasn't the manager, he was behind the success of those years. I'm sure most people agreed with him: Mourinho was so great, that his work reverberated all those years. I remember people even saying Chelsea identity doesn't fit attacking or possession based football, since Chelsea was "anti Barcelona" and a counter attacking team. Those people were basically saying Chelsea was a Mourinho side, and the next manager should be someone similar. 

I agree.

Mourinho is now a United manager and thats it. I understand there is no love for him while he coaches that squad, but all that hate towards him is ridiculous. People here talk shit of him whole year now and use excuse that its because he is coaching a rival. Right. Most of the jibes are pointed at Mou himself, not United as whole. 

I know he talks shit and people here hate it. But he did the same damn thing when he was here. And people loved him then. For his personality too. Thats such a hypocrite thing.

Right, people wont come here to praise the man, after all he is now our rival. But coming here week in week out talking all kind of trash for no reason is ridiculous. Some jokes tho are indeed funny, but most just wish him to achive the biggest possible shame. Why? Because he fucked up last season? And how do you know it was not the players who didnt give a fuck? Because he didnt play youth? Lol give me a break, most are simply not good enough. Even so, there is no real reason why he gets so much stick. 

The man is after all one could say a fucking father to what Chelsea is today. Perhaps if you cant respect him for the present, respect him for his past. 

I chuckle after reading his comments this season, he is indeed silly. But he is getting his treatment with that poor league position. There is no need I must now comment every week about this and that shit. 

Its like people are obssesed with the man. But then again, I dont know why Im even wondering this. Half of the forum wants Costa out and trash talks him after every poor game, despite the man is #1 reason why we are first. Says all realy. 

I remember how Chelsea fans were one with having the most respect for their current and past members, including those who did questionable; ie Cech or Lamps. Nowdays all I hear is complaint left and right. Show some goddamn respect for past and support for present players and coaches.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

I know he talks shit and people here hate it. But he did the same damn thing when he was here. And people loved him then. For his personality too. Thats such a hypocrite thing.

I get your point, but when he was here, he was talking shit about others who he didn't give a fuck about. It's just heartbreaking to hear and see him talking about us in basically the same unrespectful manner as he does to others. We were led to believe we were not "just another club", but the most important one in his career and he was the most important one in our history. People get emotional with some of those outbursts.