Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Coming from playing with Messi and co, to our attacking setup when someone else has the ball, surely he is thinking "wtf are they doing?" :lol:

All jokes aside, he indeed looks to be two levels above anyone in this team when it comes to intelligent runs, positioning and pressing the opponent.

One might think that barca wasnt great in defending but they were all about attack and possesion, but I think Mou team wont come even close to that intense pressing barca was executing in the past.

Hopefuly Pedro will carry on this kind of performances through whole season.

Cracked me up that people thought he was going to come here and sit on the bench, and just be a serviceable back up.

Dude is quality. Every time I saw some little dude darting around the pitch to get the ball back, I realized it was him. Hopefully, despite negative instructions from the sideline, he inspires the players to push up higher and press. I think we have the quality up front to be able to do this now, with the only exception being Cesc, who would hold us back. Matic and particularly Costa could thrive with this style of play. We looked great with him out there. Was shocked to see him come off despite being our best defensive player out there, trying to chase down everything. Would have been far better to take off Cesc and have had this energiser bunny out there chasing everyone.

Anyway, got the result, and he silenced a few of those who were sceptical on here. Not just a fluke either. Sure, we can harp on about the goal and assist, but it was more so his ability to beat the man, keep his dribble, and that close control. That won't go away even if some of the stats do.

and people wanted us to spend big on Griezmann, he would never have been able to put in a performance like that at RW, and after the red card, there is no doubt Griezmann would have been the one taken off not Willian.

The exact player we needed, i said it when we were linked to him the first time. Why nobody wanted to trigger the £21m buy out clause is a mystery to me, £21m in football nowadays is nothing, precisely fuck all. We now have a player that can have the same impact as Hazard but on the right. His touch is ridiculous, he's quick, he's technically fantastic and he scores goals and makes goals. A player with end product is what we've been crying out for. I think we're near complete now. I woke up excited yesterday, i'm even more excited now.

This guy has won fucking everything, he'll feel no pressure like Cuadrado for example who's trying to make a name for himself. This team has now got a lot better. Hazard was awful yesterday, we won. We wouldn't have won with the same line up as the first 2 games. If Hazard doesn't play, Pedro will and when they're both in form, beware premiership.