Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my first match at The Bridge and i thoroughly enjoyed it. The first half was shambles, Fabregas in particular was pretty bad. But after Ramires came on it was a great match to see :). Especially Hazard was lightning quick yesterday.

I don't know why people are complaining about the performance so much. I could understand if the entire 90mins was like the first 45mins but the second 45 was fantastic! Hazard was beasting and Cesc looked much better too. We were dominating them in the 2nd and were very unlucky not to score the winning goal.

The confidence was definitely down, you could see it. But that 2nd half turnaround was very impressive considering how poor the first half was. 2nd half was probably the best 45 mins we've played in a long long time.

Hopefully, it wasn't just a flash in the pan but rather a beginning of a turnaround of form.

Also, Southampton was a very annoying team (very determined defensive unit). Even the reverse fixture we absolutely battered them but couldn't make it count.

As a side note - I know JT has been great, but we need better CBs, we need CBs who don't shit their pants if they are forced to defend 1 on 1. Maybe even try Zouma - Ivanovic for a few games.

People please give credit where due. South Hampton has the best defensive unit in the league. Wanyama in the middle is like a reincarnation of Makalele in the middle for Chelsea back in the day. You needed energy to match energy, that was why Ram was a better option. Fabregas has always been slow and can't tackle for shit since he came back from Spain. He's lost all that edge he used to have at Arsenal and the EPL. Barca hardly ever have to defend, because they were spoilt with teams packing the bus against them and giving them a lot of ball. I've always said it will take him this summer to get in better shape and EPl fitness. The pace is a killer for whomever has not played in the league at all, or for a while.

Oscar and Fabregas left all the work for Matic in the middle, he almost got red carded covering for all the midfielders and Ivanovic on the right.Costa ran his socks off, pressuring and holding ball up front and attacking, but Willian kept doing the same old moves that he was so predictable. I remember Hazard having the same issues when Jose first came to town. He would disappear for most of the games, except for some moments of brilliance that soon made everyone forget he had a subpar game.. Now this year, things are different, he's in shape and playing well.

Cahill as usual was all over the place, but the right place. We were playing short three in the midfield. Its one of those funk periods that no coach can get players out of, but just hold the fort until they regain their form. There was nothing Jose could have done. The problem stems from Cahill having subpar games and Ivanovic coming more inside to cover for him, which leaves the outside open and Willian kept falling asleep. Cuadrado is not in rhythm with the team yet, that is why January buys are so delicate. I will expect him to be in form next season though.

We actually had the chances, but ball simply would not cross the line for us. Forster, their goalie was either brilliant or lucky or both. Wood works was on their side too. I think with the CL gone, their sights will be refocused fairly soon. This last game was only game I was really worried about,. Their Coach Koeman having known Jose real well and worked with him under LVG is always a tricky curve. But for all those blaming jose and whining about his tactics, they really have short memories. We have gone through almost 8 coaches in the last ten years. We need stability, the players need stability. The team is almost completely rebuilt and in two years we will be in full form, with the players averaging about 25-26 years. We are about two key players away. One central defender and another playmaker in the middle.

Look at what happened when he brought in the Cuadrado. Let the coach coach and stop second guessing what you know nothing about. What the team needs right now is our support and to give them strength to carry on. Not boos and not hisses. We are NOT Real Madrid. My two pence.

People please give credit where due. South Hampton has the best defensive unit in the league. Wanyama in the middle is like a reincarnation of Makalele in the middle for Chelsea back in the day. You needed energy to match energy, that was why Ram was a better option. Fabregas has always been slow and can't tackle for shit since he came back from Spain. He's lost all that edge he used to have at Arsenal and the EPL. Barca hardly ever have to defend, because they were spoilt with teams packing the bus against them and giving them a lot of ball. I've always said it will take him this summer to get in better shape and EPl fitness. The pace is a killer for whomever has not played in the league at all, or for a while.

Oscar and Fabregas left all the work for Matic in the middle, he almost got red carded covering for all the midfielders and Ivanovic on the right.Costa ran his socks off, pressuring and holding ball up front and attacking, but Willian kept doing the same old moves that he was so predictable. I remember Hazard having the same issues when Jose first came to town. He would disappear for most of the games, except for some moments of brilliance that soon made everyone forget he had a subpar game.. Now this year, things are different, he's in shape and playing well.

Cahill as usual was all over the place, but the right place. We were playing short three in the midfield. Its one of those funk periods that no coach can get players out of, but just hold the fort until they regain their form. There was nothing Jose could have done. The problem stems from Cahill having subpar games and Ivanovic coming more inside to cover for him, which leaves the outside open and Willian kept falling asleep. Cuadrado is not in rhythm with the team yet, that is why January buys are so delicate. I will expect him to be in form next season though.

We actually had the chances, but ball simply would not cross the line for us. Forster, their goalie was either brilliant or lucky or both. Wood works was on their side too. I think with the CL gone, their sights will be refocused fairly soon. This last game was only game I was really worried about,. Their Coach Koeman having known Jose real well and worked with him under LVG is always a tricky curve. But for all those blaming jose and whining about his tactics, they really have short memories. We have gone through almost 8 coaches in the last ten years. We need stability, the players need stability. The team is almost completely rebuilt and in two years we will be in full form, with the players averaging about 25-26 years. We are about two key players away. One central defender and another playmaker in the middle.

Look at what happened when he brought in the Cuadrado. Let the coach coach and stop second guessing what you know nothing about. What the team needs right now is our support and to give them strength to carry on. Not boos and not hisses. We are NOT Real Madrid. My two pence.

Finally, a post that makes sense...

Just rewatched the game.

First half pathetic

Second half good since Rambo came on. We had many chances but were really unlucky.

- Willian shot and deflection by Costa

- Oscar header, hazard rebound

- Oscar shot

- Azpi shot

- Remy, Terry, Terry

- Cuadrado chance

We were unlucky not to score, like we were lucky not to concede in the first half. (Thanks to Tibo) It was a fair draw in the end.

I rewatched Matic's tackle on mane about 20 times in super slow-mo and I have come to the conclusion that there is no fucking way this is a penalty. Would not even be one in Germany.

Mane does not even have the ball or touch it in the whole incident. Matic is nearer to it and goes to the ground for a sliding challenge to clear it, which he successfully does. Mane falls down as soon as Matic brushes him just before Matic gets to the ball. But that is a dive. a good one tbf, not those über-theatrical, raised arms dives Iva does. But not a perfect one. If Matic's hand would have put him off contact (which should not be the case since he only brushes his hip slightly), he should have gone down to his right to balance the impetus, but not straight to the ground like he did. Also their knees touched but matic was clearly first to the ball so that is within the law. Really disappointed with that decision. It was an excellent tackle.

On first thought I also saw it as a penalty, as did the ref and I don't blame him, just as one can't blame him for not seeing that stamp on Ivanovic's heel (esp given Iva's diving record). But that is exactly the problem. refs can only see it once and often are not well enough positioned or simply have no sense of judgement. About 1 of 3 major decisions (red cards, pens) is wrong these days.We need video technology to remedy that human error. If we had had that one on Sunday, we would not be talking about how shit our performance was but that the exact same game had got the result it deserved.

I rewatched Matic's tackle on mane about 20 times in super slow-mo and I have come to the conclusion that there is no fucking way this is a penalty. Would not even be one in Germany.

Mane does not even have the ball or touch it in the whole incident. Matic is nearer to it and goes to the ground for a sliding challenge to clear it, which he successfully does. Mane falls down as soon as Matic brushes him just before Matic gets to the ball. But that is a dive. a good one tbf, not those über-theatrical, raised arms dives Iva does. But not a perfect one. If Matic's hand would have put him off contact (which should not be the case since he only brushes his hip slightly), he should have gone down to his right to balance the impetus, but not straight to the ground like he did. Also their knees touched but matic was clearly first to the ball so that is within the law. Really disappointed with that decision. It was an excellent tackle.

On first thought I also saw it as a penalty, as did the ref and I don't blame him, just as one can't blame him for not seeing that stamp on Ivanovic's heel (esp given Iva's diving record). But that is exactly the problem. refs can only see it once and often are not well enough positioned or simply have no sense of judgement. About 1 of 3 major decisions (red cards, pens) is wrong these days.We need video technology to remedy that human error. If we had had that one on Sunday, we would not be talking about how shit our performance was but that the exact same game had got the result it deserved.

But when it comes to us, these penalties decisions are always against us. I'm very tired of complaining and I know we also have to play better, but this BS campaign doesn't help us, we are always playing against 12. Even off the pitch, when Costa was suspended in record time, and Matic ban upheld.

When was the latest time we were awarded a penalty in any FA competition? It's still that one vs QPR on Nov 1, 2014, game week 10 and now we are in gameweek 30, and we won the COC already. I have never seen anything this bizarre.

And then I haven't even mentioned the media...

Everyone wants Mou to rotate but who do you want to bring in?

Luis, Zouma. Also given Ramires' impact in the last game and his general form lately, he should start ahead of Oscar. That's three players, but it would bring 5 changes to the team's shape.

You're explaining the ref, fair enough, but what I find so frustrating with them is that they're so fucking sure about their decision. Ref was like 30 metres from the action, his view was restricted through 3 bodies (Matic, Ivanovic, Mane) yet he seemed so convinced about this decision and pointed to the spot immediately. It was impossible to see clearly what happened from his position. He for sure guessed but he didn't leave even a second for thinking. I hate those fuckers, for me every potential referee is here to screw you.

Probably that is FA prescription to seem convinced whenever take a major call and pretend to be here the man in charge. I don't say that referees are corrupt or something but they have to look as a tough guys apparently so they take stupid decisions many times. And they don't have any help around so they simply ridicule themself with guessing.

30-40 seconds of replays and 0 days talking about the controversy. The way it goes now, when a mistake follows a mistake and so on, the change is coming, I'm sure.