Ashley Cole

Madmax

Cole does not offer many goals but asked whether he would urge Cole to get forward more often, Di Matteo said: "He'll have to buy me dinner. That's what I'm going to ask him.

"For two years, he hasn't scored and now he has, so he should buy me dinner."

Cole does not offer many goals but asked whether he would urge Cole to get forward more often, Di Matteo said: "He'll have to buy me dinner. That's what I'm going to ask him.

"For two years, he hasn't scored and now he has, so he should buy me dinner."

What? What a random answer.

Ashley Cole Rejects a new one year contract (ESPN)

there is no harm in giving him a 2 or 3 year deal. but i dont see why he cant accept the 1 year deal.

I would be way more concerned about this if it wasnt for Bertrand. As it stands, next season i think Bertrand would be an acceptable replacement, but hes not 100% there yet, he still needs a couple more seasons of development so it would be nice to have Ash here to keep tutoring him and to use to rotate the 2. PLEASE SIGN A NEW DEAL!

200k a week? :fainthv9:

I actually think he will be gone in the summer, we will not bend over to any demands as we shown with Ballack, Joe Cole and Drogba. It will be a one year deal on reduced terms or leave, same goes for Lampard.

I was 'for' the 1 year contracts for over 30's rule, but I think every case should be judged on a player by player basis. However, If a player doesn't reach a certain criteria, i.e fitness/performance assessment/career projection, then fair enough.

Off to PSG?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1175831/paris-saint-germain-plot-ashley-cole-swoop---reports?cc=3436

Look, being realistic, is really time to move on and continue to rebuilding process

Time for him to take the retirement money on offer from an inferior league

Bring in a new LB next season and the new guy & Bertrand can battle it out for the #1 spot

Off to PSG?

http://soccernet.esp...reports?cc=3436

Look, being realistic, is really time to move on and continue to rebuilding process

Time for him to take the retirement money on offer from an inferior league

Bring in a new LB next season and the new guy & Bertrand can battle it out for the #1 spot

Ashley still has top quality football in him for at least 2-3 years if he can avoid injury. If he wants to end his career at Chelsea, I don't see why we shouldn't extend his contract.