Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the mountain of evidence we've seen this season and prior to this season, having just watched us play Villa, how can we look anyone in the eye and say we really have any idea what is an easy fixture and what isn't?

I fully get where you're coming from but Villa away has always been a difficult ground for us. I'm pretty confident we've got it already bar a massive cockup. Of course, anything can happen in football as you say but I'm confident.

I fully get where you're coming from but Villa away has always been a difficult ground for us. I'm pretty confident we've got it already bar a massive cockup. Of course, anything can happen in football as you say but I'm confident.

Well I'm glad of it. I'm a world class pessimist when it comes to my football team so I'll just have to try to feed off your confidence and see if that can get me through it.

It's hard for this team to play well without Costa and Cesc. It really is last season all over again.

I don 't think we would have missed Costa that much if Remy had played. Drogba shouldn't be starting games for us anymore.

Cesc i agree we really missed him. We just simply don't have any player that can do what Fabregas does for us. We just don't have that player in our squad, a player that can find players in space and move the ball quickly

and the problem only gets worse when you add Oscar into the mix.

34 passes attempted with a 70% accuracy.

That is laughable for somebody who is supposed to help build our play, create chances etc.

And that's mostly simple passes he's getting wrong since he can't do anything really creative or incisive.

It's no wonder we struggle against the Villa's of this world when we have somebody like Oscar in a crucial part of the field.

Not to mention he was the one that started the goal.

I don 't think we would have missed Costa that much if Remy had played. Drogba shouldn't be starting games for us anymore.

Cesc i agree we really missed him. We just simply don't have any player that can do what Fabregas does for us. We just don't have that player in our squad, a player that can find players in space and move the ball quickly

and the problem only gets worse when you add Oscar into the mix.

Agree with everything you say here but not just Oscar. Other people are a part of this problem too.

Our performance kept me on my toes the entire match, but the result is what really matters, so I'm happy! City dropping points makes the good weekend a great one. It should be pointed out they haven't won any of their last 4 Premier League games and as of today they are closer to the 5th (6 points ahead of Spurs) than they are to us. Would love it if they are dragged in battle for the CL places, but the return of Toure will most likely give them a huge boost. Hopefully he won't make it for their match against Stoke midweek.

Not to mention he was the one that started the goal.

Well Willian doesn't get much credit for being involved in the build-up to goals so just to be fair I won't give any to Oscar :Goober:

But seriously tho, Oscar had a shocker.