Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Jase
Followers 3

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking result at a tough ground, wasn't a "fun" or "enjoyable" game but fuck that, that's why we're first. :D

Villa looked quite dodgy on the counter so that explains the Mikel for Oscar sub. Can't really add much that hasn't been said but for anyone annoyed by us always going more defensive after the 69-72nd minute, I think today shows why - We killed the game and essentially made their best chance of getting a goal (from a counter) impossible.

I saw earlier in the thread some people against this type of play and think if we don't go more defensive we'll easily get another 2 or 3 but that's bollocks imo, we're at their ground, their crowd and at the end of the day it's 11 men vs 11 men. Tactics were spot on.

I did! And I got half the forum telling me I'm being silly and that they would not miss Toure (who almost always scores for them against smaller teams).

That's why I was probably more happy with City's draw than our win! :P

Lol, I mean so I can place a bet, not doubting you bud.

7 points clear! Wahey. Hardly a great performance but at least we did our job to get the 3 points. Would have been pathetic had we dropped points against Villa! Other than that, nothing much to write about considering we played against one of the worst sides in the league right now.

Also, credit where is due to Steve Bruce and Hull. Put in an excellent performance and claimed an unexpected at Man City. Well done.

I did say yesterday..

Villa haven't scored a goal since 20 december and have only scored 11 all season. BUT because they're playing Chelsea, I'm putting money on both teams to score. These average and below average teams ALWAYS play the game of their lives against us.

Easiest $100 i've ever made.

not pretty, i hope all the Willian hate stops now, but that it stuff f champions to be, by poor but still grind out the win

A few good games in a row won't change anything, if he keeps it up till the last game of the season then I'll might have to change my opinion of him.

I did say yesterday..

Easiest $100 i've ever made.

I made the same bet too, but also Spurs to win, atletico to win and marseille to win, however it was 1:1 with rennes fucking cunts...

A few good games in a row won't change anything, if he keeps it up till the last game of the season then I'll might have to change my opinion of him.

He works his socks off all the time, just always over shadowed by Costa, Cesc etc, now there not in the team it shows how much work he does

He works his socks off all the time, just always over shadowed by Costa, Cesc etc, now there not in the team it shows how much work he does

He always works his socks off, I'm not denying that but before the last few games he screwed up a lot of our attacks, he always seemed to make the wrong choice when he had to make a pass. And being overshadowed by Fabregas and Costa doesn't mean you can't play good/decent, before the last few games he was really really poor imo.