Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Except in both of those line-ups Oscar wasn't present, Cuadrado was the last sub hence Mikel was already in the team.

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I had forgotten the change Oscar by Mikel.

So the approach was this:

Mikel Matic

Ramires Hazard

Cuadrado Remy

Sorry for my mistake. I've changed in my previous message.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I had forgotten the change Oscar by Mikel.

So the approach was this:

Mikel Matic

Ramires Hazard

Cuadrado Remy

Sorry for my mistake. I've changed in my previous message.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

I don't think I can find the forgiveness in my heart, brother.

Was always going to be a difficult match. Villa don't exactly focus on going forward.

But Ramires for Cesc is a big downgrade, especially in the build-up play. I was literally screaming for Oscar to be subbed at one moment. And NOT for Mikel, but for Cuadrado.

Willian on 10 and Cuadrado RW. Sexy times.

I didn't watch the game and don't plan on doing so given how bad it apparently was. How were we defensively - did Villa get behind our midfield and at our defence often?

They did not create anything all game really. It was just a bad performance with everyone being so sloppy, including Courtois randomly dropping every cross.

I didn't watch the game and don't plan on doing so given how bad it apparently was. How were we defensively - did Villa get behind our midfield and at our defence often?

No, Villa has not created many occasions of danger, just a few incomprehensible errors Courtois (he was a little nervous today).

It was a no dangerous plays for us today.

FOR a start just WHAT is the BPL ???.. but that made more sense than the rest of your post?

That's a typo. Honestly, I read my original post again and it seemed pretty clear. May be I should have RANDOMLY caPITalized some WORDS and ... Added ellipses for clarity ?

That's a typo. Honestly, I read my original post again and it seemed pretty clear. May be I should have RANDOMLY caPITalized some WORDS and ... Added ellipses for clarity ?

BPL no such thing ,, and Villa are 5 places above the the bottom or don't you understand League tables.. So does that explain why your post was rubbish .

Cracking result at a tough ground, wasn't a "fun" or "enjoyable" game but fuck that, that's why we're first. :D

Villa looked quite dodgy on the counter so that explains the Mikel for Oscar sub. Can't really add much that hasn't been said but for anyone annoyed by us always going more defensive after the 69-72nd minute, I think today shows why - We killed the game and essentially made their best chance of getting a goal (from a counter) impossible.

I saw earlier in the thread some people against this type of play and think if we don't go more defensive we'll easily get another 2 or 3 but that's bollocks imo, we're at their ground, their crowd and at the end of the day it's 11 men vs 11 men. Tactics were spot on.

I did! And I got half the forum telling me I'm being silly and that they would not miss Toure (who almost always scores for them against smaller teams).

That's why I was probably more happy with City's draw than our win! :P

Lol, I mean so I can place a bet, not doubting you bud.

7 points clear! Wahey. Hardly a great performance but at least we did our job to get the 3 points. Would have been pathetic had we dropped points against Villa! Other than that, nothing much to write about considering we played against one of the worst sides in the league right now.

Also, credit where is due to Steve Bruce and Hull. Put in an excellent performance and claimed an unexpected at Man City. Well done.

I did say yesterday..

Villa haven't scored a goal since 20 december and have only scored 11 all season. BUT because they're playing Chelsea, I'm putting money on both teams to score. These average and below average teams ALWAYS play the game of their lives against us.

Easiest $100 i've ever made.