Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question guys and gals. Is Cuadrado the first Colombian to ever play for Chelsea? I can't think of any other right now.

Yes he is.

Well, he hasn't yet "played" technically. He would be if/when he does play for us. However he is NOT the first Colombian player to ever sign for Chelsea as that would be the currently on loan Joao Rodriguez.

Well, he hasn't yet "played" technically. He would be if/when he does play for us. However he is NOT the first Colombian player to ever sign for Chelsea as that would be the currently on loan Joao Rodriguez.

Cuadrado is the first player to join the first team though. Academy players come and go, I don't think they count.

Also, Joao is not on loan anymore, he returned from Bastia.

So I was speaking to a close friend who is a Fiorentina supporter and he said we have a real gem on our hands but don't get too excited about his shooting, as it is one of the worst in the Serie A in terms of percentage per shots on goal. That said, he is a real work horse and will always track back and defend, exactly what Jose likes in a player!

Hmm Willian 2.0? Phenomenal work rate, just doesn't have a finish

Cuadrado is the first player to join the first team though. Academy players come and go, I don't think they count.

Also, Joao is not on loan anymore, he returned from Bastia.

Well, he was the first Colombian player to sign a professional contract with Chelsea which technically makes him the first ever Colombian Chelsea player.

Yeah, it seems he did return from Bastia last month. Why we're loaning out a 17yo is beyond me, though.

So I was speaking to a close friend who is a Fiorentina supporter and he said we have a real gem on our hands but don't get too excited about his shooting, as it is one of the worst in the Serie A in terms of percentage per shots on goal. That said, he is a real work horse and will always track back and defend, exactly what Jose likes in a player!

Brilliant, another Willian. There's nothing we needed more desperately than another attacking player unable to score goals.

Also, #74 has to be up there with the aesthetically most horrible numbers, smh. Should take #39 if he wants to wear a "special" number.

Brilliant, another Willian. There's nothing we needed more desperately than another attacking player unable to score goals.

Also, #74 has to be up there with the aesthetically most horrible numbers, smh. Should take #39 if he wants to wear a "special" number.

He'll score more goals than Willian, but he ain't the WC RWF some people were crying out for.

Guys,

New on the forum here.

Having watched Cuadrado since he was 20 years old, I am very excited to see him come to Chelsea.

In our Colombian national team, Cuadrado and James have been the main pillars for some time now. Cuadrado is particularly very exciting to watch, just plain fun, he is fearless with the ball at his feet. And in our national team he is the main man to penetrate teams that like to defend with 10 men. And although his top speed is fantastic, it is more about his change in pace and explosion that makes him so hard to defend. He will be a headache to other teams in the PL, as he can go right or left in a fraction of a second.

Playing in Italy has made him better at defense, but that is his main weakness, although he overcomes his lack of big physique with speed.

About him not being able to score a lot of goals, well, he is not a forward, so I disagree somewhat. He will create so much danger on the right wing that opens space for his teammates, and he will not deny a pass.

So even though Cuadrado is 26, I believe he has so much potential, which comes down to his talent with the ball. To finally watch him under a good coach is going to be something.

I just hope Chelsea fans give him time to settle in. It is a new league, new teammates, new language. And the PL can be unforgiving. Enjoy Cuadrado.

Sounds just like Willian. I just hope this guys is at least better than Willian... If not, it's a waste and we should've kept Shirley temple

"if/when"

also annoyed because of his number...it seems Xurli fan-boys are a little bitter after this monday. lol

74 doesn't look too bad. Yeah, it's an uncommon choice, but it's not a big deal. It'll stick out the first time, then everyone is going to forget about it.

Balotelli also wears some ridiculous number, I noticed it the first time and it never bothered me again.