Douglas Costa

bababoom

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willain is different to costa, costa is a highspeed dribbler like neymar , Willan is a creator. U cant compare them

You're right. Different players. Willian is more Mr. Possession and he's been doing better than ever lately in that job, with the added bonus of his excellent work rate. Costa is a big attacking threat, very direct and always looking for a way to goal.

The thing about Douglas is the fact that he is doing everything right now and it's quite scary. Taking on players with a huge variety in his dribbling (coming inside, going around, one-on-one in a tight space, bursting past his opponent and leaving them for dead), drawing a lot of fouls, quality crossing (either low or aerial crosses), creating chances and assisting with incive passes, finding space in central positions to take shots and score goals, linking up beautifully with the centre midfielders like he's been playing there for years. His work rate both offensively and defensively is good and dude is strong. You can't push him off the ball and he's quite tenacious. It's ridiculous. What more could you ask of a winger?

Douglas is probably the most exciting new name in top football in quite a while. I've been extremely impressed by him. I don't think he can keep up this form for years to come because he's playing like Ballon d'Or contender. It's not impossible but improbable. But if he can keep up a level close to this, Bayern have hit the jackpot again, a worthy successor of Ribery.

Lots of folks questioned the costa and coman signings, but they have panned out well so far. Coman couldn't get a look at both PSG and Juventus, however is starting a few matches for Munich.

As I said in the summer, Munich by far had the best summer in the transfermarket.

Costa, Coman, Vidal and Kimmich.

Lots of folks questioned the costa and coman signings, but they have panned out well so far. Coman couldn't get a look at both PSG and Juventus, however is starting a few matches for Munich.

As I said in the summer, Munich by far had the best summer in the transfermarket.

Costa, Coman, Vidal and Kimmich.

vidal is a smashing player but hes got chocolate knees

Looks like along with De Bruyne one of the biggest transfer mistake in Mourinho's second spell.

You know what mate if you can see into the future go and get a fucking coaching job because you will be the best in the world, otherwise hush down because 99% of members here thought Cuadrado was the right choice.

Costa is literally the perfect attacker for Pep, the attributes pep likes Costa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Willian.

He is direct

He moves great off the ball- biggest Willian weakness, never seen him do anything off the ball.

Better finisher, better in the final third.

Smh i can't quantify talent, but that is disputable and who cares if Willian is more talented, if the attributes Pep look for is not the one he needs.

Willian would probably be utilized as wingback tbh.

Good point but I'm not sure if Doug is a better finisher. I'd love to see Willian play under Guardiola - maybe at Chelsea.

Costa is literally the perfect attacker for Pep, the attributes pep likes Costa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Willian.

He is direct

He moves great off the ball- biggest Willian weakness, never seen him do anything off the ball.

Better finisher, better in the final third.

Smh i can't quantify talent, but that is disputable and who cares if Willian is more talented, if the attributes Pep look for is not the one he needs.

Willian would probably be utilized as wingback tbh.

Costa rarely scores tbh so I would not say he is a better finisher. However when both players do score the goals are normally of top quality.

Willian can never be as direct as Douglas Costa in any team including Brazil. He slows down attacks while Douglas Costa is like robben in making things happen fast. It depends on the attitude of the player.

This may be the case, but Willian has outperformed Douglas Costa quite comfortably at NT level so far.

Costa IS more direct and unpredictable, but Willian is (currently) a better all-rounder with superior tactical discipline. Ultimately, they are two very complimentary players, as they share certain key attributes (pace, work-rate, technique) whilst otherwise being strong in areas in which the other is weak (Douglas Costa is very agile, direct, good at getting into dangerous attacking positions, and a decent crosser from open play; Willian has excellent stamina, very good long and short passing, good general link-up play, and takes dangerous set-pieces).

Douglas Costa is a combination of Robben +Di Maria.

WIllian would fare better in a less conservative team, however, I highly doubt if he was on Munich he would have a similar impact Costa has had so far. Muller and Robert Lewandowski's goal record this season has a lot to do with Costa being on fire.

Interesting to see if Pep goes costa-muller-robben behind lewda.

Wingers will never look as good in this team set up. Imagine Hazard on Bayern. Ooh my.

That made me tingle. People always talk about Real but Bayern is the team for Hazard in terms of suitability.

Neuer

Lahm Boateng Alaba

Vidal Thiago

Robben Hazard Costa

Muller Lewandowski

Guardiola is actually crazy enough to play a team like that. I'd wish any team luck defending against that.

That made me tingle. People always talk about Real but Bayern is the team for Hazard in terms of suitability.

Neuer

Lahm Boateng Alaba

Vidal Thiago

Robben Hazard Costa

Muller Lewandowski

Guardiola is actually crazy enough to play a team like that. I'd wish any team luck defending against that.

Hazards ideal team tbh. Wouldn't have to carry bulk of responsibility, would have worlds most clinical players. Could focus on attacking. He'd reach Zidane levels there

Hazards ideal team tbh. Wouldn't have to carry bulk of responsibility, would have worlds most clinical players. Could focus on attacking. He'd reach Zidane levels there

I don't want Hazard to ever leave. Gudjohnsen leaving hurt me pretty bad (blonde Icelandic god) but this would be so much worse. A team needs to be build a team where he fulfill could his full potential in Chelsea blue.

But if he does leave, I hope it's Bayern and not Real.

Neuer

Lahm Boateng Alaba

Vidal Thiago

Robben Hazard Costa

Muller Lewandowski

Pep wouldn't start that team.

Which is exactly why Alonso plays every freaking game and every minute of the game even though he's old and slow. Unless either Thiago or Vidal plays dm, no way does Pep field a team like that. Also, no way in hell is Alaba going to like the idea of play as a cb long term. In addition, Hazard wouldn't start on Munich.

He's ideal team is PSG when Zlatan leaves. Play as either second striker or left winger

Verrati-Matudi

DI Maria-Lucas-Hazard

Cavani

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You