Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

ALL Metro headlines are.

edit: Original source is London Evening Standard which is also unreliable

Is that a fact or your opinion?

If it's the former, back it up.

:lol: I didn't want to start an argument on the reliability of sources. I was just taken aback by the 'done deal' claims haha

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[emoji38] I didn't want to start an argument on the reliability of sources. I was just taken aback by the 'done deal' claims haha

Not sure what is so funny. I've just taken a headline with some truth in it IMO. I never put money on it and never said it was a certainty.

Such a git moving from Liverpool so soon! Wouldn't make it into anyone in the top 4's starting line up, possibly City if he gets the chance. If he rots on the bench at Munich or City it serves him right. I admire his ambition, however he thinks he's better than he really is.

It is mind boggling to me the hate that this guy is getting. I'd say his only fault is he is too sensible. Too sensible to stay on a sinking ship considering his level of talents. The probability of Liverpool winning anything in the next 10 years is absolutely 0. Why should he stay there ? Look at how Gerrard ended up. A beloved loser. Sterling and his agent are too smart it seems to fall for the stupid bullshit the liverpool media print out.

I rated him very highly ladt season and still do but he's not what we need as he doesn't offer anything William can't. His finishing is just as bad as the Brazilian, if not worse as he gets into good position a lot only to underhit or over hit the shot. But he has plenty of room to develop and if the price is right, we should get him but he shouldn't be a priority signing by any means

I rated him very highly ladt season and still do but he's not what we need as he doesn't offer anything William can't. His finishing is just as bad as the Brazilian, if not worse as he gets into good position a lot only to underhit or over hit the shot. But he has plenty of room to develop and if the price is right, we should get him but he shouldn't be a priority signing by any means

Is goal scoring really what we'd be asking of him, though?

For me, Sterling would be in there to cause chaos in and around the box like he's been doing for the past couple of seasons. Teams wouldn't be able to load up on Hazard any longer. Sterling's pace, movement, and dribbling are off the charts and defenders constantly have to account for him. He'd draw players away from Hazard and Costa.

He wins loads of free kicks in dangerous areas and is the second most fouled player after Hazard. That's a valuable asset when you have Fabregas in the side. We'd be absolutely ridiculous on the counter as well.

The signing makes perfect sense in a lot of ways but the price is what will put us off in the end. City will likely be willing to go all out and give Liverpool £40m+ and £150k a week to Sterling.

Exactly. Don't see any reason why he shouldn't be on our list, just not as a first option. Griezmann and Bale are far superior to him and with Liverpool wanting 40 million, I'd rather double that and take Bale.

He'll be the fastest in our team, he'll improve our counters and he's agile and has balance on the ball like willian. He's also homegrown(which we have to address sooner or later) and just 20.

The problem is his finishing /decision making in the box. He's even worse than Willian in this aspect, he has time to develop his finishing though. Finishing is not like technique which is rare to develop.

He'll be the fastest in our team, he'll improve our counters and he's agile and has balance on the ball like willian. He's also homegrown(which we have to address sooner or later) and just 20.

The problem is his finishing /decision making in the box. He's even worse than Willian in this aspect, he has time to develop his finishing though. Finishing is not like technique which is rare to develop.

Worse than Willian? Sterling with 21 goals and 16 assists in the past two seasons, Willian managing 8 goals and 12 assists.

Worse than Willian? Sterling with 21 goals and 16 assists in the past two seasons, Willian managing 8 goals and 12 assists.

He's also played in a more attacking and free spirited team (a team that finished last season as the joint top scorers in the league) and also in a more central role. In fact he's played as a false nine multiple times for Liverpool this season.

If Willian played in a Liverpool team that is built to attack and create and in his favorite position more often/permanently, I'm willing to bet he would have similar or even better stats than Sterling.

He's also played in a more attacking and free spirited team (a team that finished last season as the joint top scorers in the league) and also in a more central role. In fact he's played as a false nine multiple times for Liverpool this season.

If Willian played in a Liverpool team that is built to attack and create and in his favorite position more often/permanently, I'm willing to bet he would have similar or even better stats than Sterling.

I watch sterling get into so many scoring or assist positions and he makes the wrong decision every single time or misses his shot.

He'll improve but it'll take more time than people think

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You