Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3044817/Liverpool-forward-Raheem-Sterling-buy-year-contract-leaving-Chelsea-Manchester-City-make-cut-price-25m-offer-summer.html

If this is true, bare in mind it's the Mail, then he should be considered a priority. HG, talented(rather than most of the English players, AVAILABLE for normal fees). I firmly believe he can add something more to the team, just needs Jose to mentor him a bit in the right way,...and teach him to track back, ofcourse.

Aha, ok.

How many cases about players buying out their own contract were at this level ? Virtually zero. Mainly thanks to huge penalty fees and compensate for mother club. Though in the FIFA laws they say that if the player wants to do this, he has to opt out of his contract 15 days before final league game therefore Sterling would have to do this soon.

The way he behave to wait to sign any extension until the end of season, most likely looking for a CL football, make me think he will forced the move, if we make any offer in the summer. 30-40 millions for a 20 years old English winger that will sorted our RW for years, not a bad investment imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Much as it pains me to say this of a Liverpool player, he's a fantastic little footballer.

If Bale or Griezmann are no-goers Sterling would be a great signing. London boy as well, yes? Should give us a leg up on City should we go after him.

Always thought Cuadrado was a terrible signing because he'd struggle in the PL. Did not think he was that great for Colombia either, as they played even worse opponents than Brazil did in the group stages. Cuadrado has physical and technical deficiencies: he shows too much of the football and he is easily outmuscled out of plays - it's a dangerous combination esp in the PL.

Now sterling has no such deficiencies. Yes, he's also lightweight (though he stays on his feet), but his superb technique allows him to keep possession going through tackles and bouncing off players. Pace alone does not allow you to avoid contact, but together with excellent technique, one can indeed avoid contact even in tight spaces - Sterling does that.

Yes, he will be expensive, but if available I also see no reason not to go after him, especially considering how young he is.

Chelsea has great coaches in the staff and I am confident the younger players can achieve their full potential.

We wouldn't really need him to be a scorer for us. Just wreak havoc in the final third with his relentless pace and energy. He'd open up so much space and deny opponents the ability to double up on Hazard.

The pace of Hazard, Sterling, and Willian behind Costa. Damn.

I might stab myself having to watch all the poor end product from him and Willian.

But he's good on the ball at least.

10 goals and 7 assists for Liverpool last season, 11 goals and 9 assists this season. I think that's good for a Liverpool player, aged 18-20 while doing so. More than good actually. Averaging 1.6 and 2.1 key passes per game in 13/14 and 14/15. And already one of the better dribblers in the league.

Sterling would not significantly improve Chelsea immediately, but he should only get better, at least that's what you hope and expect with any young player. Better team mates here and Hazard, Cesc and Costa taking the attention away from him.

I would love him here. Pace and dribbling, chance creation, goals.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You