Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Do people know what overrated means? How can someone who is actually England's best young player be overrated?

He's good, but I've seen people say he can be the next Ronaldo, a galactico, etc. That's ridiculous, he's 19. Also, England don't have a lot of top young players sooo...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rooney was the last 'next English great' to actually become a top player. Guess there's still hope for Wilshere and Ox...

It would be a shame if Sterling ended up being a joke. Or even a decent player at best. It's players like him that make football fun.

Do people know what overrated means? How can someone who is actually England's best young player be overrated?

Ah yes, everyone but you is 'over rating' him. Pray tell then, O Wise One, why can't you name ONE better u20 player in England? Answers on the back of a postcard, I'll be waiting.

He is overrated because he would cost 50m for any team to buy him right now. I know no one would pay for him 50m, but he wouldnt go for less anywhere. And media talks about him as the next Ronaldo almost, so yeah he is overrated.

TBH every single english player is overrated because who in past 5 years actualy become what he supposed to become? Even Rooney is kinda fallen talent. They just dont reach next level like certain spanish, german, french,...players do and play big role in european football, club and NT wise. England is far behind and certain Sterling, despite being best u20 player in england, is hyped up by media, older english players, coaches,...

I wouldnt pay for Sterling more than 25m, but he is rated more than that. And thats why he is overrated. I remember people talking of him as next Ronaldo, but he has yet to do anything on top stage. He is 19, he has time, but lets first see if he can make a step further, unlike many english players before.

And finaly, would I want him here? No. He doesnt track back. We already have tricky Hazard in team, we dont need another one. Because we need balanced team. Di Maria or Sanchez provide engine who tracks back. Hard workers. Sterling isnt hard worker. And we have enough talent in team ATM, think we need also someone more experienced in attack, who has balls and actualy plays consistent unlike Sterling, or even Willian, Schurrle etc.

He's good, but I've seen people say he can be the next Ronaldo, a galactico, etc. That's ridiculous, he's 19. Also, England don't have a lot of top young players sooo...

John Stones, Oxlade Chaimberlain, Wilshere, Sterling, Baker, RLC, Chambers, Clyne, Solanke, Butland, the list goes on.

You can come up with a list like that for a lot of countries.

You can, but in the post I quoted you said:

"Also, England don't have a lot of top players soooo...."

Don't let the fact that other countries have good young players take away from the fact that England do as well

You can, but in the post I quoted you said:

"Also, England don't have a lot of top players soooo...."

Don't let the fact that other countries have good young players take away from the fact that England do as well

Sterling isn't overrated? Shaw? Wilshere? They are.

Sterling isn't overrated? Shaw? Wilshere? They are.

Did I even mention Shaw in my post? That guy has been overrated to fuck lately

Wilshere is overrated, does that mean he's a bad player? If you're going to use that logic, I'll use it too. Bale is overrated, so its not possible that's he's a good player right?

Did I even mention Shaw in my post? That guy has been overrated to fuck lately

Wilshere is overrated, does that mean he's a bad player? If you're going to use that logic, I'll use it too. Bale is overrated, he must be shit right?

I didn't say they were shit, I said they're overrated.

Brah, he's saying he's overrated cause look at the history. He's good right now, but will he continue to develop and actually become world class like so many of his predecessors were supposed to?

No one besides English fans are getting excited because we've seen this before.

but that's hardly a fair judgement for him. to downplay his potential simply because of the failed predecessors is akin to almost underrating him. It's not true that only English fans are excited, rumours (albeit they are just rumours) continue to speak of Real Madrid's interest. There's no smoke without fire after all.

I agree the premise of calling him the next Ronaldo is what would suggest an overrating, but people use that name because Ronaldo at an early age was talked about avidly as an exciting youngster. An exciting 19-year old who continues to break records. That's where Sterling's development is going and can continue to go under the right leadership and nurturing.

Hes a good young player, definitely worth keeping an eye on because in 2 years or so he will be far too good for Liverpool if they keep going on the way they have been this season but I am yet to see him put in a performance against someone like ourselves or Man City where he makes the difference, you know? Doing it against Everton or Tottenham or Aston Villa or Hull or whoever is alright but I was less convinced by him when we played Liverpool both games last season and even one of the games against City as well he didn't look like much special. If hes really a top top young player he needs to do it in the biggest games against the biggest teams.

Hes a good young player, definitely worth keeping an eye on because in 2 years or so he will be far too good for Liverpool if they keep going on the way they have been this season but I am yet to see him put in a performance against someone like ourselves or Man City where he makes the difference, you know? Doing it against Everton or Tottenham or Aston Villa or Hull or whoever is alright but I was less convinced by him when we played Liverpool both games last season and even one of the games against City as well he didn't look like much special. If hes really a top top young player he needs to do it in the biggest games against the biggest teams.

Against City when Liverpool won 3-2 he was the MOTM and was a constant threat to their team for the whole game and opened the scoring with a very well taken goal. When Liverpool beat Arsenal 5-1 wasn't he awarded the MOTM as well? Either way he terrorised their defence for the whole game and scored 2 goals. So in reality he has performed in some big games already.

Sterling was a player who's talent was obvious even when he was at QPR. He had an explosive season last year with Liverpool and he looks to be continuing that form to some extent implying that he is not a one-season wonder. If United could buy Shaw for 30 million, then Liverpool are entitled to ask for more for Sterling. But realistically, that means only Chelsea / City / United could afford to buy him then. If not, then Madrid or PSG are the likely non-English teams.

Comparisons to Ronaldo are going to be obvious because they were both playing in the same position at that age. It just means that should Sterling choose to put in the hard work, he could become a world class player in a few years.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You