Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. Willian in Fabregas' position would help dominate and provide that extra energy in the midfield - something he did brilliantly in the 1-0 win last season.

Where to hide play Fabregas in the big games is going to be the biggest tactical headache of the season.

But I can't remember a game where willian has played centrally has helped us, especially defensively. And on the offensive it has been against the smaller sides and we tend to have the majority of possession.

Now, he is used to playing right and provides great cover for fullback with the energy to get forward. Fabregas in that position has the most freedom in the pitch I reckon, negates his weak defensive positioning in which we will need in abundance this match but let's him drop as deep as he wants for the ball.

8 points is a lot, they will have to try and catch us for a long long time just to get near us. When all the other big teams are already 5pts+ behind us as well, a win here will be hugh i reckon.

No it isn't, not this early in the season. City were trailing utd by 8 points with just 6 games to go in 11/12 and we know how that ended.

‘Normally if you want to rotate or give a chance to other players you don’t do that in big matches,’ Jose explained. ‘You try to be as stable as possible and play with the players who have stability in the team. If everything goes well I’ll start today with Cahill and Terry, I won’t start with Zouma for the first time.’

That puts an end to all the expectations of change in the back 5.

you took his words out of context, Chou.

I'm not saying he'll change, but he's talking about 'giving chances to other players you don't do'. He's talking about Zouma, Salah, Ake, etc...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Luís started ahead of Azpili - because Luís isn't a player who he's going to give chances, Luís is a player he bought for a considerable amount of money and who was a machine against Schalke.

I've never agreed with the idea some here had that he'd move Cahill to the bench... he won't, but I don't think playing Luís would be far fetched... So I don't think our back 5 is as unchangeable as you believe, at least based on these words.

And here's what @cesc4official had to say in that pre-match interview: 'It'll be a tough game but it's a big opportunity for us.' #CFC

Cesc: 'It's always good to take points away from your rivals and we'll try our best to do that today.' #CFC

My First post... I will like to see Chelsea line up against Man City today like this: Courtois, Ivanovic JT CAHILL Azpi, Matic Fabregas Mikel, Costa Hazard Oscar... Ramiress still havent improve in his tackling, he will cost Chelsea loads of fouls against us..... Ramires Passes are also always not composed.