Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been this nervous prior to a game for a while.

We can set a serious tone for the rest of the season and make it extremely difficult for our rivals. They'd be under huge pressure this early in the season. If we win this we may see City dial it back a bit in the league and go all out in prioritizing the Champions League.

Only one defender on the subs bench, looks like Jose going for broke.

I've noticed that, but for some reason my brain registered 'Jose always packing his team with attackers playing at home'. Then you posted this and I realized that for a moment I had a lapse and thought we were playing home, but we're actually playing away.

Luís is very versatile. He can play LB, CB and DM, he offers us a lot of options in the defensive side if things go our way and we need to defend a lead. And then there's always Mikel. But he has two AMs and two STs in the bench. He wants the win.

City going with a strong back four physical and tall to deal with Costa threat which means can be exploited with quick passing in and around the area.. C'mon Chelsea!!!

To be fair, Costa is best with ball given on the floor, probably the speed of both will be the bigger factor.

Is City playing a 4-4-2? The game will be really tight but we may have less attacking threat to deal with