Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are City actually starting with Fernandinho - Toure in CM one only fouls the other is lazy and doesnt defend! strange decision. Also throwing Mangala in for his debut against Costa is a big risk. Should be a very interesting match.

Would have played Luis. He is good enough. Dont get why he isnt getting a fair chance to shine.

Beside this, good line-up. Ecstatic for this match.

Matic needs to get back to his A-Game or City will overroll us in the middle of the pitch. Mangalas first start for them? Could be good for us, as he has no understanding with Kompany yet

are City actually starting with Fernandinho - Toure in CM one only fouls the other is lazy and doesnt defend! strange decision. Also throwing Mangala in for his debut against Costa is a big risk. Should be a very interesting match.

It should be as bad as it sounds but unfortunately fernandinhi gets away will 10 blatant fouls a game and 'May' get a yellow card for his troubles

Maybe I'm misreading but isn't the need to be excessive because they can't defend?

From the manager's perspective (starting) 3 players who can't defend in a tough away match seems excessive. Too much of an attacking stance.

We have to see how they are positioned and how hard they work, but such players will need 100% concentration as defending for them isn't as natural.

Firstly Lol United

Secondly Lol Pool.

Thirdly Lol Tottenham.

Fourthly, liking that mourinho is going with the 4-3-3. Don't want the Fabregas Matic pivot to get overun and Ramires legs should be good on both sides of the ball.

Finally, Diego Costa is a beast.

From the manager's perspective (starting) 3 players who can't defend in a tough away match seems excessive. Too much of an attacking stance.

We have to see how they are positioned and how hard they work, but such players will need 100% concentration as defending for them isn't as natural.

Which 3 players can't defend? I count only 2 (Hazard and Cesc)

I like the lineup as I said a few minutes ago, but I didn't develop further because I was choking on my drool from laughing my arse off at United... but now I'm somewhat recovered, I'll try to talk properly, lol.

I think Ramires and Matic should hold position a lot in this match and I DON'T want/expect them to bomb forward much. Make the transition through Willian and Fabregas and let them get the ball moving to the attack.

It's absolutely necessary - regardless of how good or bad Toure is now (I believe players like him crave big matches like this, so I expect a lot of improvement by him compared to their previous matches this season), that we protect our defense against their two strikers and smart playmaker. So I do hope they follow the instructions I have no doubt Mourinho gave them to think about defending first - and mostly - and let the attackers (including Fab as one of them here) do the transition and set up our attack.

If Rami or Matic venture too much to the attack I think we're screwed.

I'm so excited and nervous. Match days this season are blessing and curse equally cause I look forward to the matches but somehow always tend to be afraid because we need titles so Jose can continue at the bridge! This fking doesn't slip now :D

Good analysis on SKY. The pivot last year between matic and Luiz was great in the big matches. Both could press and drop deep, and if they wasn't close together most of the time as all pivot players should be it was the cover dangerous space.

Today we will have to win a different way, Ramires is just not a pivot player in terms of moving in tandem with Matic so the 3 is needed, hoping that we put our foot on the ball and keep hold of it as that's what we're suited too