• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-----------------Courtois---------------

Iva-------Cahill---Terry--------Dave

Willian--Matic--Ramires--Hazard

----------------Fàbregas--------------

------------------Costa-----------------

Perfect

Disagree. Willian in Fabregas' position would help dominate and provide that extra energy in the midfield - something he did brilliantly in the 1-0 win last season.

Where to hide play Fabregas in the big games is going to be the biggest tactical headache of the season.

Disagree. Willian in Fabregas' position would help dominate and provide that extra energy in the midfield - something he did brilliantly in the 1-0 win last season.

Where to hide play Fabregas in the big games is going to be the biggest tactical headache of the season.

Willian's extra energy didn't help us at all in the FA cup when we lost to City 2:0. He played #10 then, and played very poorly, creating nothing and doing very little defensive work.

Just give it a rest, mate. If we can't accommodate our most creative player(who has a pretty decent workrate), then something is very wrong with our team.

How did you prove me wrong.... The main portion of the video highlighted yaya laziness on the defensive end...

Look at all the offensive portions.. yaya either got his pass off, went pass matic or matic fouled him.... Tell me how you proved me wrong...

When fernandino-yaya-fernando all come together, lets see how well matic will adapt to 3 physical and athletic beast in the midfield...

Yaya was ineffectual at Etihad when we won 1-0 largely because we played right around him... Matic can definitely deal with Yaya mainly because he is inconsistent. If Yaya plays to his full powers then no one can stop him.

Matic is the key in this game imo. Silva has started the season on fire. If Matic runs around recklessly again then we're fucked. The midfield 2-3 still are a big work in progress defensively. Who is supposed to defend which zone and which player is still not clear.

Matic cant contain Yaya... Matic is going to need ramires and willian/oscar to fightt he midfield battle......

Fernandinho is going to foul that crap out of everyone (similar to what ramires does)...

Matic was amazing last season vs City, but didnt start that well this season though...however Yaya is a joke too in city this year. Cant see why Matic couldnt contain Yaya. I think Aguero, Silva and Navas/Nasri will cause more trouble to Matic and our defence than Yaya.

Willian's extra energy didn't help us at all in the FA cup when we lost to City 2:0. He played #10 then, and played very poorly, creating nothing and doing no defensive work.

Just give it a rest, mate. If we can't accommodate our most creative player(who has a pretty decent workrate too), then something is very wrong with our team.

Yep. In the Fa cup game, Pellegrini fixed the midfield and didn't have to use slow Demichelis in there, so our counter-attacking style which worked in the league game was easily nullified.

Fabregas is needed to maintain possession and make defense splitting passes if we are to create anything - he's also our best set-piece taker for when we can't create from open play.

But obviously him playing weakens us defensively, which is why i think Mikel will play alongside Matic. Ramires is just too careless and wayward in the tackle to be trusted in such a big game.

Mikel-Matic;Ramires-Fabregas-Hazard;Costa is what i'm expecting.

Yep. In the Fa cup game, Pellegrini fixed the midfield and didn't have to use slow Demichelis in there, so our counter-attacking style which worked in the league game was easily nullified.

Fabregas is needed to maintain possession and make defense splitting passes if we are to create anything - he's also our best set-piece taker for when we can't create from open play.

But obviously him playing weakens us defensively, which is why i think Mikel will play alongside Matic. Ramires is just too careless and wayward in the tackle to be trusted in such a big game.

Mikel-Matic;Ramires-Fabregas-Hazard;Costa is what i'm expecting.

Agreed, that's why we shouldn't be using our win against City as a proof of Willian's effectiveness against them as #10.

That said, I do think he'll play -- on the wing, with Ramires next to Matic, though I won't be surprised to see the lineup you're expecting.