Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, it makes Turkish airlines the sponsorship equivalent of Tottenham/Everton.

Samsung is well behind the likes of Sony, Panasonic, Microsoft, Apple and many others in the technology industry, does that mean our present sponsor is Spurs-worthy as well?

Turkish Airlines has a cosmopolitan sound to it and matches the Chelsea's brand's ambitions of spreading the message of this Football Club around the world. It is an apt metaphor and a good choice.

Besides, I wouldn't give a shit if it was Aldi sponsoring us if they were paying the money that TA are.

Samsung is well behind the likes of Sony, Panasonic, Microsoft, Apple and many others in the technology industry, does that mean our present sponsor is Spurs-worthy as well?

Turkish Airlines has a cosmopolitan sound to it and matches the Chelsea's brand's ambitions of spreading the message of this Football Club around the world. It is an apt metaphor and a good choice.

Besides, I wouldn't give a shit if it was Aldi sponsoring us if they were paying the money that TA are.

Sorry but Samsung is world biggest infomation technology company in world.

I wont go into their quality and how good/bad they are (imo they have great phones and tvs, but to each own I guess), but they are most popular company in their bussiness right now.

While apple is close, sony is declining (they had to close their Vaio laptop department). Panasonic, philips etc were good, but are nowhere near samsung today.

In other words, samsung is like real madrid. Every person who lives in developed countries knows samsung, asia is worlds most growing market and they all know samsung. And their products are literaly almost in every house that can afford them. Either you have or had their tv, phone, earphones, fridge etc...heck, in my country I could say every third person uses samsung phone. But I think we dont make maximum out of this partnership and their paying fee is too low. Turkish airlines will IMO sponsor us much more through tv ads etc.

That said, I have nothing against ta if they become our sponsor. They might not be close to Samsung in terms of recognition, but they might present us much better in world. Samsung is realy quite terrible at that and thats because they dont need us anymore. Samsung could put our badge and name in every store they have around the world, every mall and shopping center. But they dont give fuck. TA can only put our logo in their planes and around their own airports (turkey). However TA and Cfc would benefit from each other more. But I wish we will be very adverised by them via Tv commercials, airports etc properly.

Not keen on having a company with a country in their name (that isn't England) and made even worse to my mind that it's Turkey.

And before anyone attacks me, that's just my opinion, I don't like Turkey and don't particularly want to see it's name next to the Chelsea badge.

However, i'm not one to let my personal opinions get involved so I will be ok with this deal as long as 1) That bird logo isn't present (just the words) and 2) They pay us a decent amount of sponsorship money per year. Like £30M p/y at least (that's what Arsenal are getting and we're as big as them worldwide, and far more successful). If those 2 provisos are met then I guess i'll grow to accept and maybe even like it.