Loïc Rémy

SeB

Why don't we give Sturridge a chance at CF, like a short run of consistent games?

People say Sturridge is selfish, he doesn't look up often enough, so what, he's still a talented striker who knows how to score.

If Sturridge simply sucks at CF, then let him go and bring in a new striker like Remy or whoever else is available for around 15 million..

Good strikers are selfish sometimes. Its their personal drive, ambition and confidence in themselves to try and win it by themselves. Maradona for example was extremely selfish but very confident and believed in his own ability where he dribbled round 5 England players(?) before scoring that goal in the World Cup. He wasn't exactly a pure number 9 striker but still... Sturridge has the self belief that Torres doesn't and the confidence too.. might as well give him a go.

He may be selfish but I've seen Didier in the past take the ball and shoot from 40 yards or shoot a freekick from 40 yards when he should cross it too.. he believed he was capable of doing so and if Sturridge feels the same about somethings we should let him try it and see what he can offer..

• 5 months later...

I've read that there is a buy out clause in his contract in case of relegation, something like 8M £, that's interesting we could have Ba - Lukaku - Remy for next year to lead our line if we finish 5th

Liverpool are already on him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-target-loic-remy-micah-1845019

Think we are aiming a bit low.

I think the idea is that we need a player who can both play on the wings and cover as a striker. I don't think anyone is seriously saying that Remy, or Schurrle, will walk into our lineup, but if there's anything to learn from this season is that squad players are just as important as the starting XI.

I think the idea is that we need a player who can both play on the wings and cover as a striker. I don't think anyone is seriously saying that Remy, or Schurrle, will walk into our lineup, but if there's anything to learn from this season is that squad players are just as important as the starting XI.

Yep, that was my idea, him as a sub/back-up player, would be great, he is pretty decent and for £8M could be a great deal.

Chances of us playing CL next season are low , yes, but let's not buy relegated players. Only player from QPR I would like is Hoilett. And even he is not that good.

Hard fixtures but if we go into every game with the intention of playing how we did against Arsenal first half and United second half, we can beta anyone. Remember CL qualification is in our hands. 50/50 if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to Seb? I don't see him posting anymore on twitter.

I asked Bluesmaster the same thing a while back and he said that Seb's taking a break due to studies and work! :)

Gosh! How do you tag someone? I've been away from posting for so long!