Jase

Man of the Match  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thank god we don't have to play them every week.

Amazing character by the team - every time Everton scored - we pushed on... We FINALLY have the WINNING MENTALITY!!!

Instantly game of the season.

Loved the Chelsea fans singing 'boring boring Chelsea' - surprised the commentary team didn't pick up on that.

Costa was amazing - just needs to be careful other defenders don't try and ruffle him.

How Howard stayed on the pitch amazes me... 2 incidents where he could have seen RED!

That's started my week in LA off nicely - now to go enjoy some sunshine in 'Marina Del Ray' (lovely part of LA) !!!

Permanent grin all day... ;)

Boring Boring Chelsea dropping 6 again :Goober: I know all of you Mikel hata blew chunks today - backheel assist to Costa, who in returned w/ the crossover crossing up the Everton Defense - One last thing, Tim Howard might be an American hero, but today he was fuckin' tool - he should have been sent off for grabbing Costa. BTW I hate the Scottish Messi

what a crazy game!!! insane!! absolutely insane. a great match for the neutrals but as a chelsea supporter, this is simply not what i want to see. pathetic defensive display. but brilliant attacking prowess.

rambo was my MOTM. 1 goal and 2 assists. and his goal changed the whole goal. at that point of time, it seemed it was going to be everton.

costa was a beast. absolute beast. just love that guy.

iva has to be one of the better players on the field. thought he was very good even in defence.

hazard had a shocker of a first half but his moment of magic is what separates him from others.

willian and cesc were pretty average as was GC

JT was brilliant though. the number of tackles he put in was insane.

Let's see what I can come up with now.

I think we have a problem in our midfield - and today was the first match I think Cesc was underwhelming there, but to be fair, so were Matic and Ramires. We were raped by Everton in the midfield - and that only exposed our defense further.

I can't choose between Cesc, Ramires and Matic who had a worse match (talking about their midfield performance, not goals, assists, etc). There was no stability, we were easily bypassed, outmuscled, too many misplaced passes, it was a wank fest.

I think our defenders had a good match tbh. The defense - as a system - is incredibly shaky and I feel like we've missed Oscar more than anything. Maybe we wouldn't be up 2-0 under 4 minutes if he was here, but I feel like we were so unstable and exposed our defense so much that it's not even funny... that's the balance I keep saying he brings and maybe it has nothing to do with his absence, but it seems like a big coincidence when he isn't playing we didn't have any stability in the midfield at all.

We need to be better organized, but it's still early days, as I said in the live match thread, I'll give a month for the team to settle, but we need to drill our midfield better or maybe we just need our midfielders to have better individual performances. It's amazing to have them been involved in all 6 goals, but it sucks they were a liability in two goals and many Everton attacks.

I'm quite happy we won, we've scored so many goals and I even welcome losing some defense stability because of our more attacking minded team, but we've made some rookie mistakes there combined with awful performances by Cesc, Matic and Ramires when Everton had the ball.

Costa is everything we could have asked for and some more and maybe I'm biased, but I feel like both yellows he's got so far had been unfair and I'll start growing suspicious if he keeps getting undeserved yellows by those cunt of referees. But it feels amazing, magical even, to finally have a striker and then I remember Torres is not part of this club anymore and I'm beyond elated. This weekend has been amazing, the only thing that spoiled it a bit is how weak and poor our midfield was when we didn't have the ball (and because there was no stability, that's why we had a mediocre possession percentage. They didn't hold the ball at all and were dispossessed easily...).

And the most important thing from this match is our mentality. An incredible contrast to some matches last season and the first half against Leicester. Hopefully they'll keep it up against the smaller sides.