Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

José is always wary of playing newly-promoted sides so perhaps it's not that much of a surprise.

Unless we are going to sit back-meaning the fullbacks will defend inside the box-this actually leaves us MORE exposed at the back..

I don't know how Schurrle gets a start really.

I can't remember the last game he started and actually did something. His world cup impact came from the bench and his impact here should continue to be from the bench IMO.

But u know, hopefully he turns into Ronaldo for this game.

Away to Stoke where he scored two goals. Away to Fulham he scored three goals. Who exactly is the other choice? Willian? When's the last time he started a game and did anything? When's the last time he started on the bench and did anything?

He doesn't need to be Ronaldo, he needs to be Schurrle.

Why shouldnt Filipe be match-fit? he didnt have a WC under his belt and played a big part of our pre-season. If Oscar and Schürrle are already match-fit, Luis should be too. Dont get why we need a defensive-minded LB against a newly promoted team...but well, hopefully we'll win nonetheless.

Go on Chels :)

Away to Stoke where he scored two goals. Away to Fulham he scored three goals. Who exactly is the other choice? Willian? When's the last time he started a game and did anything? When's the last time he started on the bench and did anything?

He doesn't need to be Ronaldo, he needs to be Schurrle.

To be Schurrle is to be inconsistent.

A player shouldn't be in a starting line-up because he scored goals a year ago.

To be Schurrle is to be inconsistent.

A player shouldn't be in a starting line-up because he scored goals a year ago.

He finished the season pretty well. We've got a fairly stable defence behind him so why not go with someone who is able to get goals?

Mourinho gets criticised for not starting attacking full-backs, but then gets it for starting a goalscoring winger. Can't win.

And once again, the alternative is Willian.

One more point....Schurrle seems to be great at dead-ball situations all of a sudden. I'm not sure what redeeming features Willian brings to the table. I would say he has nice hair but I'm a fan of Schurrle's bouffant style quiff.