Burnley v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get ready for some atrocious Ivanovic crossing.

Only damper on this lineup. Wanted to see Luis hit the ground running and be nailed on first choice. Seems Ivanovic will still be a huge part in the starting lineup.

He was the best FB in preseason imo. It's a good choice against Burnley imo.

I don't know how Schurrle gets a start really.

I can't remember the last game he started and actually did something. His world cup impact came from the bench and his impact here should continue to be from the bench IMO.

But u know, hopefully he turns into Ronaldo for this game.

Exactly what I said. But gradually I expect Luis to get that spot. Hopefully from the Leicester game. Time will tell.

The know it alls here seem to think that the decision to buy him was strictly because Azpi wasn't sufficient enough. Its so obvious it was done to create competition at every position. Azpi was fine last year but needed to be challenged.

Eventually Luis may win out but he needs to win it, not being given it because he was bought in the summer.

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 44s

Chelsea team v Burnley: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry ©, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Is Luis injured or why isnt he playing?

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 1m

Subs v Burnley: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Willian, Torres, Drogba. #CFC

I think we've got a strong team so far :) let's see :D

Finally some real football. Friendlies suck.

Hoping Oscar can put in a good performance.

Expect Diego to score and think Fabregas will put in a strong performance along my guy Matic, who always scores a 7 at the least so no worries there.

Is Luis injured or why isnt he playing?

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 1m

Subs v Burnley: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Willian, Torres, Drogba. #CFC

Conservative bench. Cover for all four defenders, Mikel to close it out, Willian to dribble at them and two strikers. A sort of planning for the worst and the best.

No Van Ginkel because, well why would you? If we're not winning then what does he really offer?

Luis on the bench because Ivanovic and Azpi are solid and he can come on if we're looking to attack more.

No Salah because if they're defending deep then there's no real room for him to get behind and exploit.